View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #35
stamphappy1650
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
Honestly while I do measure my card stock it's a lot of trial and error when I'm stamping. For images I usually measure the block that the stamp is on and cut my paper to match that. And honestly, once I'm done with a card I could not tell you the measurements. It would ZAP all the fun out if I had to keep track of all of that information. I stamp for fun not a math project Seriously, I'm guessing that's why most people don't include measurements regularly (aside from funky folds and what not). We are too busy creating to measure and remember (as if I could remember every measurement on a card) or write it down. For me, stamping is trial and error! And sometimes more error than trial, lol!
Minders, same for me.

I rarely remake the same card unless it's something like a holiday where I'm sending the same card to everyone so I don't care about the exact measurements.

I have a tendancy to use scraps so a lot of my designs are based on the scrap size.

As for instructions, I tend to explain the technique more than the size. But I have to say that I haven't been posting as much because I just don't have the time and I feel guilty posting a card with nothing about how I made it. Once or twice a year I post some pretty intensive tutorials so that offsets any guilt I have.