View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #20
binkiemonstermom
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I will say I just did a case of an Angry birds card on my blog. I talked about how measurements don't have to be exact. With my blog, I try and show my projects and give detail but I also try to empower other crafters to just try. Measurements don't have to be exact, sometimes, I don't even measure anything on my card!!! And on my blog, I point that out. For example, on my Angry Birds card, I pointed out that I used a one inch circle punch, BUT if you had a 11/4" that would work too.....Use what you have!!!! Sizes can be adjusted and I guess that is my point. If I did a 5X7 card, you normally can shrink it down to a 41/2X51/2 card if that is what you want to use!
I don't do it to be sharky but to try to encourage, I find crafting relaxing which means no stress, and sometimes measurements are to strict. I try to tell people not to fret, and have fun with it!!! If you don't have a color, generally, you can use something else instead!!! Not only does this let people get creative on their own, but it saves them money!! To do a project I made, you don't have to run out and go get a 1 inche circle punch if you don't have one!!! Hope this makes sense, and explains a little the way my mind works!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!