Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Embossing With Transcendance Powder

I Am New To The ART Of Card Making, I Was Watching Some Tutorials On You Tube When I Saw One Using Transcendance Embossing Powder. Does Anyone Know Anything About This Product? Where To Buy It? Does It Really Work With Dye Ink? Any And All Responces Would Be Appriciated..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I just looked it up and it says it works with dye inks, coated paper works best. You can emboss with any dye ink using any powder when stamping on coated (glossy) cardstock. I doubt that the powder is worth the extra cost. It's expensive, partially because it is in a very big tube and would last a very long time. I recommend you buy a good heat tool, some clear embossing ink like Versamark or Top Boss and a few colors of small jars of embossing powder you like the best and just dive in. No special powders or paper needed. JMTC
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm not sure if you want to use dye inks you already have or whether you're just looking for a powder/dye ink combo. Distress inks stay wet longer and will work with just about any powder. I've also found Adirondack dye ink stays wet long enough that detail powder sticks just fine. Those are my go-to dye inks so I haven't tried others to report on, I'm afraid.

Personally, I'd buy a small tub of good quality detail embossing powder in clear (Ranger, for example) if you don't already have one and try it with whatever dye inks you have on hand! Clear powder will let your ink colour show through while still giving you that raised effect (and resist properties if those are useful in your project).

HTH!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I Really Appriciate The Feedback... I Was Mainly Curious About The Product Itself Since I've Never Seen It Listed Anywhere I Order My Supplies From.

I'm Retired Due To A Disability. I Took Up This Card Making Thing, Or I Should Say It Took Up Me. I'm Not So Hot At It But, I Enjoy It And It Keeps Me Focused On Somthing Other Than Pain. I Do Not Drive, So, Most Of My Supplies I Buy Online. I Take Advantage Of The Many Sites Online That Offer Tips, Information, And Bits Of Knowledge On Cardmaking And Try To Incorporate Them Into My Projects. That Is How I Ran Across The Video On Transcendance Powder.

I Do Want To Thank You For Putting Forth Your Time To Help Me In The Mystery Of Transcendance Powder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I have it and like it for alot of uses. You can use it with any ink - even dye ink. You just need to make sure your embossing gun is preheated. I bought mine from SmartWorks. Here is the link Welcome They are a great company to deal with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks For The Responce, I Went To The Site You Used, They Indeed Have The Powder And Some REALLY Nice Stamps.. I Put Them My Future Buying List...
Reply With Quote Likes