View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #3480
Stazon Splitcoast
smokiesgal's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere between fantasy land & the sea
Posts: 12,646

Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
Dell just because DH receives the EOB for the service only means he provides the insurance the bill should still be sent to who incurred it... unless she put his name down as a responsible for the bill if she did and does not have the authority to do so... the bill should be sent to her and your name should not be on it. Yo u can check with the site she received treatment at.. .and correct this. If RJ is 18 then the bill should go to RJ. anyways hope this helps.
...I know this because all the law changes wreak a little havoc in our lives when our kids turn 18, plus our adult children( up to 26) are on our insurance the insurance covers what it does, but they are liable for the unpaid portion. They usually sign a statement to that fact in most places before the service is preformed, most clinics require it. It is my belief that if he pays his alimony he has met his financial responsibility and the bill goes with who incurred it... regardless of who supplies the insurance. I believe she would have to take him to court if she wants him to pay. HTH
Thanks for the info Kathy. DH went to the doc office yesterday and they said because it was after hours that the amt sb covered. They have resent the bill back to our insurance because it was a referred treatment. I hope he is right.

As far as getting anything out of her mother, we are wasting our time. She is just a piece of work is all I can say...and DH has always met his financial obligation for his daughter. We both want the best for her.
Mystampinspot(my craft blog)
DinnerDell(my cooking blog)

I am a life artist and love it!
smokiesgal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote