Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming to Boise, ID, want your recommendations

Hubby and I will be coming Boise, ID. for possible re-location, and I would like to check out the local paper crafting and/or art scene. Any recommendations? Stores? Shops? Other?

I'd be very thankful for any clues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I don't have any crafty recommendations but I just wanted to say I loved Boise so much - my sister used to live there and it is a wonderful city.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

I appreciate the input. We have heard a LOT of good things about the city, so we are really looking forward to our visit, particularly if it results in a profitable job offer .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I was just there last weekend and accidently drove by an Archivers. I got so excited I squealed and my friends in the car thought I had lost my mind! It's next door to the Barnes & Noble so hubby could hang out there while I was getting my fix too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

Drove through this summer and found Archivers too. First time visitor but I did love it. There is a Hobby Lobby in the neighboring town I think but I didn't get a chance to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Boise is an amazing city - clean, well laid out and has an amazing retail base. I live 60 miles away in Oregon and am very appreciative of having this amazing place only an hour away!
As others have mentioned there is an Archivers and Hobby Lobby. In addition there is a brick & mortar LSS, White Swan, and a big Craft Warehouse. . Also Mikes, JoAnn's (superstore located within a block of Archivers and Barnes & Noble) and a nice paper supply store called Paper Express. And there are LOTS of dollar stores with odd-ball, sometimes wonderful stamp related items.

Remembered another LSS, Paper Cottage. How could I forget them?!! They have a HUGE selection of all the latest scrapbook papers as well as ribbons, embellishments and stickers galore. The have almost zero stamps, but they make up for it in other areas.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the possibilities in Boise. :cool: Good luck with the job search!

Last edited by Boss; 09-09-2012 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Memory lapse!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

We're back (yes, already)! I decided to skip the Archiver's, Michael's, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby. Big Box stores are pretty much the same everywhere. I spent some time oogling in Craft Warehouse. I can definitely see myself making a few purchases there. They seemed to have a LOT of things, many that I haven't seen before. Decent place to go for base foundations to decorate and upcycle.

The LSS, Paper Cottage, was lovely. They had a nice assortment of brands and supplies, though I'd like to see a bit more Tim Holtz (my own particular obsession). Other than that, I would be happy to make purchases there :smile:

Thank you for your contributions. I LOVED the city.....well, what I could see of it in a few hours. It was lovely. So much green space in the gorgeous parks, and VERY nice people, people who SMILE and are friendly. It was an excellant first impression.

We've REALLY got our fingers crossed for a job offer. Should know by Friday, Monday at the latest. If anyone out there has any pull at Micron Technology, and wouldn't mind putting in a good word for a complete stranger, I'd sure appreciate it. :laugh:
Reply With Quote Likes