Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due!!

I am so pleased with the positive comments and views my "Easter Cross" received. I know the reason, and the reason is Rox71. Her "Black Magic" spell really helped turn my card from so-so, to better-than-average. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees and it takes someone with a trained eye to know how to get you back on track. Rox, if I work hard, can I be your "Mini Me" someday;) ?

This site can be overwhelming, with all the incredible artists and their creations, but there is sooooo much to be learned here that you won't find in any other stamping sites.

For all us "newbies" I say, "Thanks for the wealth of knowledge you are all willing to share as well as the fantastic Resources section (instructions even a dummy like me can follow)."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have to second this! I am a newbie too and before I actually came on line I would search the site for tips, tricks, techniques, etc. So much can be learned from everyone on this site!! Thanks to all for sharing your expertise and knowledge.

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by judylb
Rox, if I work hard, can I be your "Mini Me" someday;) ?
I wanted to be the Rox mini!!!! j/k they are fabulous here aren't they!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Roxie is pretty amazing! I'm glad she could help. Love your card, Judy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #5  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Rox, if I work hard, can I be your "Mini Me" someday;) ?
Judy I'm only five three and 112 pounds, "you is sure gonna be a mighty small mini me!" LOL! I was the runt in that gang of ten kids! But I am the most talented one out the bunch and better lookin than the rest too!!!

Seriously, I m glad that I could help! But a lot of what I now know is because of the amazing talent here at SCS and I've learned a great deal since finding this site and I'm still learning. I'm a much better card designer thanks to these talents. Hallmark can�t touch this talent!

The challenges here at SCS really made me try techniques, layouts etc that I hadn�t even heard of before. So�Check my signature for the main page and pick a challenge. You'll learn so much and it's fun along the way and before you know it you�ll be stalking the forum waiting for the next challenge to be posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=Rox71]Judy I'm only five three and 112 pounds, "you is sure gonna be a mighty small mini me!"

Dang girl, you are a small "thang"!! My mamma always said great things come in small packages!! With Joni (jstarbright) giving me encouragement and getting me involved in some challenges, and you correcting my course, this is turning into a real fun trip. One of my big obstacles is getting my brain in gear--it takes me so long to decide what to do and what to do it with. I'm going to give the MARVSN a serious try, but those 45 min. limits will kill me.

I am joining the Fan Club this week so if you don't see me around, it's because I am suffering artistic overload. Can't wait!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Oh I thought my ears were burning ! Heck I'm just a rookie myself,lol. But like I always say " Us J girls " and " Us Michigan girls " gotta stick together. Seriously, Judy you underestimate your talents, I think you got it girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 06:19 PM   #8  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
Oh Oh I thought my ears were burning ! Heck I'm just a rookie myself,lol. But like I always say " Us J girls " and " Us Michigan girls " gotta stick together. Seriously, Judy you underestimate your talents, I think you got it girl!
I'm caught somewhere between a Michigan girl and the Missouri born raised in Kansas girl. I'm so confused these days. Hey my maiden name started with J! As a kid I was Roxie J girl! As in Rocky J Squirrel from Bullwinkle!

VSN is fast approaching and I can't make up my mind if I'm brave enough to try this for real. I just a played a little last time not even knowing we'd be home from Florida in time. I looked at the list for March and my brain is already overloaded. What to do!
One of the worst is putting colors together since I don't have that much SU cardstock, so what do you think, I'll make it all black!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
One of the worst is putting colors together since I don't have that much SU cardstock, so what do you think, I'll make it all black!!!
Rocky J Squirrel (ROFLMBO)!!!!

Hey Rox, what's the problem, you just get out that Black Magic wand, wave it over white cs and have any color you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:

I am so pleased with the positive comments and views my "Easter Cross" received. I know the reason, and the reason is Rox71. Her "Black Magic" spell really helped turn my card from so-so, to better-than-average. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees and it takes someone with a trained eye to know how to get you back on track. Rox, if I work hard, can I be your "Mini Me" someday;) ?

This site can be overwhelming, with all the incredible artists and their creations, but there is sooooo much to be learned here that you won't find in any other stamping sites.

For all us "newbies" I say, "Thanks for the wealth of knowledge you are all willing to share as well as the fantastic Resources section (instructions even a dummy like me can follow)."
Well said, Judy! Rox is always stepping in to help, and has certainly helped me a lot! And you're right.......there are incredible artists here, and everyone is so generous with their advice. I surely have a lot to learn, but I've also learned a lot since finding this site, and that's thanks to Rox, and the other talented artists!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #11  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Hey Rox, what's the problem, you just get out that Black Magic wand, wave it over white cs and have any color you want.
Judy, being raised in Kansas does not make me a wizard! Oz doe not really exist you know!

That color thing really is what takes me the longest, I can see why everyone likes SU colors. I wish they had just paper also because the cardstock layers make the front so heavy and I love layers as you all know.

Thank you Randie, now I'm all pink in the face!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Judy, being raised in Kansas does not make me a wizard! Oz doe not really exist you know!

That color thing really is what takes me the longest, I can see why everyone likes SU colors. I wish they had just paper also because the cardstock layers make the front so heavy and I love layers as you all know.

Thank you Randie, now I'm all pink in the face!
Are you sure there really is no Oz ?? LOL ! Rox just pre cut some color combos you like ahead of time, SU or not. It really helps to have some layers alrerady cut. My friend stmpnqueen148 always comes over to play VSN. Sometimes the rest of us are reading the challenge a 2nd or 3rd time and she is already at the table, stamp set picked out, making the card!

Everyones comments about you Rox are the absolute truth. G'night everyone and I hope Monday is very good to all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yeah right, Rox and next you're gonna tell me that ain't Toto in your avatar!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Miss Rox is da bomb!!! I guessing she'll soon be a Dirty Girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #15  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarbright
Rox just pre cut some color combos you like ahead of time, SU or not. It really helps to have some layers alrerady cut.
That's what I had planned on doing and have some color matches all set up. I take it you all clean up the next day! My table looked like a Kansas tornado just hit after the last VSN and I think I only did about four cards!
Good night, it's late on this side of the state too!
Reply With Quote Likes