Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell me on copics

Ok so I've been gone a few years and comics weren't around at least from what I remember. Can someone tell me all the fuss. I went to michaels last night and they were $56 for a six pack or $8 each! They gotta really be worth it for me to spend that much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Never mind....I found the post on everything you need to know about Copics....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

"I went to michaels last night and they were $56 for a six pack or $8 each!"

Sounds like a really good reason NOT to be sold on them! I'd love to try them out and all but I just know that I'd love them and want lots and would never have the exact right colour so would buy more and end up with a thousand dollars worth which just seems a bit OTT.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Ok - so i read all the info - but i'm still not sure. What do you guys use Copics for that you can't do with other markers such as the stampin up markers. They are sooooooooooo expensive - that i really need a good reason to buy them other than "I just want to have them in case i need them"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure I'm much help. I jumped on the bandwagon about 8-9 months ago, and now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't. I personally find them frustrating for the price (and I have about 120 of them). I'm always relieved when I go back to my Prismacolor pencils and OMS. Copics have a learning curve that, to me, is more work than it is enjoyable. No matter what I'm coloring, I never seem to have "the" color I need (and after the first 35-40, I've been buying them in the groups recommended for blending). I rarely like the way it comes out...but that's just me. So many people just LOVE them. I guess I just don't have the knack for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Copics and Stampin' Up! markers are just different. It's just what one prefers. The SU! markers are water-based. Copics are alcohol based. With Copics you can colour over the same spot and the paper won't start to be destroyed. With SU! markers you can ink up rubber stamps...

$8 per marker is outrageous. Oozak.com has them for $4.99 per Copic Sketch marker (if you log in), and free shipping over $50.

Edited to add:
Oh, to answer your question about what I can do with them that I can't with SU! markers is, I can uh, colour in the same spot over and over... Kind of a bad habit, but... well, when using water-based markers, I do have to be aware of not flooding the paper with too much ink (water) and warping it or destroying it. I only have a limited number of swipes. With Copics, I feel more relaxed, like I can swipe without limit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Thanks. I would never pay full price at Michael's anyway. I live less than a mile from both Michael's and hobby lobby and joann's so at the worst - i'd buy 3 per day using 40% off coupons! Anyway - what other uses are there besides coloring stamped images? Are there many other uses?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try going to JoAnn's and look at the Spectrum Noir markers...Alcohol based, works like Copic - way less money...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm another one who's going to recommend trying out the Spectrum Noir markers. I just bought the "Pale Hues" 6-pack yesterday because I don't currently own any alcohol markers that pale (I have Prismacolor markers and Bic MarkIt markers) and wanted to try them out. I used a 40% off coupon and got them for $9.00 - that's only $1.50 apiece! In my experience, all of the alcohol-based markers play well together, so you can mix and match and get what you want/can afford.

I tried out the markers this morning, and I'll be going back for more. One thing that I was really impressed with about these markers is that the 6-packs are designed to give you all of the shading options within a color range - cool grays, reds, greens, etc. I look at the available options for Copics and I'm overwhelmed - so many choices - I need someone to pluck out a few that will work together, and that's what this manufacturer did...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I am a Spectrum Noir fan but I must say I do drool over Copics but only because of the color codes. However, I will not jump on the Copics bandwagon since I only use markers as a hobby and not making a profit. I really don't understand the cost though, are they expensive because the demand is high and will continue to sell no matter what the price? How much more can they cost to manufacture over SN's or similar markers, really? I personally think it's ridiculous.

IMHO, Copics are priced for businesses like those who depend on the color range for drafting (ex. Cartoonists and Fashion Designers). Not to say crafters are being taken by this, but if your budget doesn't allow it, there are plenty of cheaper alternatives out there that will do the same thing. With a bit of creativity, you can mix different brands of alcohol markers and have the same color gradients. I do this with my SN and Prisma markers.

I know, I should tell you how I really feel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

My original tutorial for using Bics/Sharpies like Copics is HERE.

I've been using Sharpies and Bics just like Copics and am happy with everything except the fact that they don't have pale colors. Since I wrote that tutorial, I've actually bought a few very pale Copics, with coupons at Hobby Lobby. They mix and match with the Bics and Sharpies, which I bought in the big packs with coupons at Target and Office Depot. It works, and it doesn't cost a fortune for decent color selection.

I just couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a coloring medium because I don't color that much and this is just a hobby for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Was thinking about my earlier post...Just want to clarify that I'm not hating on Copics and don't mean to offend anyone. I only meant to say they aren't "me". Some of the people here do the most AMAZING things with their Copics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amahanesView Post
Thanks. I would never pay full price at Michael's anyway. I live less than a mile from both Michael's and hobby lobby and joann's so at the worst - i'd buy 3 per day using 40% off coupons! Anyway - what other uses are there besides coloring stamped images? Are there many other uses?
I've never used them for anything other than colouring stamped images. Occasionally, I draw a teensy tiny bit and then I use them to colour what I've drawn.

I simply went with Copics because I was unaware of the other markers out there, like Spectrum Noir, Bics, etc. Although I would say I'm happy with my choice. I colour a LOT. I see drawing as a tedious burden, and colouring as my reward for having drawn something. Stamps are even better - I love colouring stamped images (no drawing needed!). I have coloured so much since I got my Copics that I have refilled some markers three or four times already. I've lost count of how often I've refilled my blender pen. Now, it IS a hobby with me as well, but it's a HEAVY-duty hobby - one that I love and one where I turn down other activities to preserve enough time for. I knew I would colour a LOT, so I had no problem sinking in lots of money (a little at a time) into Copics.

I have never used Spectrum Noir or Bics, but might like them just as well as Copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Agreed on the last point, if I colored as much as I would like to, then Copics would definitely be worth the investment. But if I colored as much as I want to, no one in my house would eat or ever have clean clothes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been using copics for a couple years in conjunction with other alcohol ink markers, like Bic Mark Its, Sharpies, and Prismacolor. I love them for creating the even blending and shading they can produce unlike water based ink markers (SU, Tombow, etc). Since they are alcohol ink, you can use them on way more materials than you can with water based inks. I've used them on glass, plastic, stone. You can even use them to colour directly onto your stamps. You just need to use the blending solution or rubbing alcohol to remove the ink from the stamp (just wash with warm soapy water after to get rid of any residue and I then use a stamp cleaner to "condition" the stamp from the drying effects of the alcohol component). Another thing you can do with Copics is air brushing. I haven't ventured into this area, but I've seen some amazing work done with these markers. The most reasonably priced are from Oozak (even with shipping to Canada). They have pretty much all the colours and they are great to deal with. They're the only place I've bought my copics from and have never had a problem. I highly recommend them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pretty much everything in this thread is right on the money. I invested in copics. What sells them to me over Bics (have them too) is the components of the marker. I don't care what size barrel (original/sketch/Ciao) but I do love the chisel and brush tips. They don't seem to drag on the paper. I know with my Bics there is a "scratchiness".

I like the vibrant colors that I just can't achieve with other markers.

If I were looking at alcohol markers now I would look at Shihan and Spectrum Noir on the artist level and Bic or Sharpie on the everyday user level.

The price difference for Copics is that they are artist quality. Just like if we get an artist quality paper trimmer or a hobby quality. All individual choices that give great results. It is up to the user to determine what works best for them.

BTW you can Airbrush with any marker/ink - I haven't done it but the concept is pretty straight forward.

The second thing with alcohol markers is not all cardstock is created equally. Results may vary. Recently I have purchased a ream of Hammermill Color Laser Gloss Paper that seems really slick and similar to what anime artists use to experiment with my copics. So far I love it.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 09-08-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Copics are indeed another animal. They are alcohol markers created for artists and have been around quite a while. Then the scrapbooking world found them and their popularity went through the roof. However, not a lot of people who bought them on a whim understand what makes them unique, and potentially, more difficult to use.

Copics should be used on paper designed for alcohol saturation. Stamp ink and line art pens have to able to withstand the alcohol too. There isn't a Copic marker for every color under the rainbow. Artists who use Copic markers usually layer colors with other markers and gray markers to create contrast of shades and shadows. Copics are re-fillable and have different nib styles that can be swapped out. Essentially, once you buy the marker body, all you ever need again is a refill and maybe a nib once every few years. The end caps are airtight and they can be stored upright or flat without damage to the interior ink core.

If you are just going to flat-color a stamped image and not mess around with the techniques to add contrast, shading, shadows, etc. it might be easier to use any el-cheapo marker and toss it when it runs dry. If you are a die-hard user of a particular cardstock from one company, and that cardstock isn't a good base for Copic markers, you might want to use a different kind of marker. If you have a need to be matchy-matchy with your cardstock and inks, Copics might not be for you.

If you do get into them, I strongly suggest starting with just a few and taking a class to learn different techniques for their use. There are also a ton of online tutorials from incredible artists who share their expertise. And check out the copic store online - they have specials from time to time that might make it easier on a tight budget.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Kristen - love your signature line!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Mindykid and I love your post - I always forget about the things I take for granted. Such as refilling the markers and being able to keep them upright (and in order) in their cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
My original tutorial for using Bics/Sharpies like Copics is HERE.

I've been using Sharpies and Bics just like Copics and am happy with everything except the fact that they don't have pale colors. Since I wrote that tutorial, I've actually bought a few very pale Copics, with coupons at Hobby Lobby. They mix and match with the Bics and Sharpies, which I bought in the big packs with coupons at Target and Office Depot. It works, and it doesn't cost a fortune for decent color selection.

I just couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a coloring medium because I don't color that much and this is just a hobby for me.
Birds of a feather, Late Blossom. That's exactly what I have done. Bics and Sharpies, and fill in with pale Copics with coupons. I do love to color, but just don't have the budget for a whole set of Copics. I'm very happy with my system.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeann34View Post
Agreed on the last point, if I colored as much as I would like to, then Copics would definitely be worth the investment. But if I colored as much as I want to, no one in my house would eat or ever have clean clothes!
Might explain why I am always starving and my clothes are always filthy!

Oh yeah!! Another post reminded me that occasionally I also use the Copics to colour a brad or a pearl! That's all... no other creative uses for the Copics with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

How much do the refills run and I'm assuming every marker requires its own refill- right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, each marker requires its own refill, and each refill is $5.69 at Oozak.com.

http://www.oozak.com/products.php?cat=440

You can use each refill to refill a Sketch marker 8 to 10 times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

When Copic markers start sqeaking when you use them, they need a few drops of refill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I'm another one who's going to recommend trying out the Spectrum Noir markers. I just bought the "Pale Hues" 6-pack yesterday because I don't currently own any alcohol markers that pale (I have Prismacolor markers and Bic MarkIt markers) and wanted to try them out. I used a 40% off coupon and got them for $9.00 - that's only $1.50 apiece! In my experience, all of the alcohol-based markers play well together, so you can mix and match and get what you want/can afford.

I tried out the markers this morning, and I'll be going back for more. One thing that I was really impressed with about these markers is that the 6-packs are designed to give you all of the shading options within a color range - cool grays, reds, greens, etc. I look at the available options for Copics and I'm overwhelmed - so many choices - I need someone to pluck out a few that will work together, and that's what this manufacturer did...
Okay, Sue, just want you to know how persuasive you are....I just ordered 3 6-pack sets of the Spectrum Noir markers. I couldn't bear to wait and find a coupon, but I got a pretty good deal on ebay. I got a pink set, purple set, and the set of Pales. Can't wait to get them.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Okay, Sue, just want you to know how persuasive you are....I just ordered 3 6-pack sets of the Spectrum Noir markers. I couldn't bear to wait and find a coupon, but I got a pretty good deal on ebay. I got a pink set, purple set, and the set of Pales. Can't wait to get them.
Wasn't really trying to "sell" you, just wanted to share my own experience... I guess that's the best sales pitch, though, eh - when you are enthusiastic about what works for you? Maybe that skill will come in handy in the near future - I'm planning to sign on as an SU! demo this week...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Do check out Crafters Companion...The Spectrum Noir have replaceable nibs and refills inks also...The value of artist quality for the amount a scrapper can pay!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

I about fell out of my chair when I read that minstrel had about 120 copics. I do have about 40, but I have about 3-4 shades in ea. color family. Just enough for me to color images, and have a few shades to blend with. I won't be buying too many more of them, as they are pricey, but I actually went to a stampers convention today, and I found them for $5.50 ea. Still alot, but much better than the $6.99 my LSS sells them for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am so surprised there aren't more Copic fanatics jumping on this thread. I am totally in love with my copics. I tried the spectrum noir and HATED them. They don't color nearly as smoothly or seem to blend anywhere near as smoothly as the Copics do. And they dont have a super brush tip, which I think makes the copics the best. In this case I really feel like you get what you pay for as far as quality and color variety.

Want to fall in love with copics? Then search the gallery for Copics and look at all the AMAZING creations. Even the least "talented" Copic users can make gorgeous creations. It takes a little practice to learn the blending techniques but anyone can do it.

And they are way way cheaper than $8 a marker. I get all of my copics from markerpop.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
I about fell out of my chair when I read that minstrel had about 120 copics. I do have about 40, but I have about 3-4 shades in ea. color family. Just enough for me to color images, and have a few shades to blend with. I won't be buying too many more of them, as they are pricey, but I actually went to a stampers convention today, and I found them for $5.50 ea. Still alot, but much better than the $6.99 my LSS sells them for.
They are only $4.99 at Oozak!!
Oozak.com | ALL COLORS | SKETCH | Individual Markers
If you are logged in, you'll see them for $4.99 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by amahanesView Post
I only buy white ribbon and adhesive pearls and color those with Copics.
I tip the edges of my hand made flowers with Copics .

You can air brush backgrounds if you buy the sketch style markers and use them either with canned air or a compressor

I have colored silver Peel Off's with Copics and they look holographic

If I had to evacuate in a hurry I would grab my cat, my purse, my Copics, my Spellbinder dies and the external hard drive to my computer and out the door I would go :lol: Never mind the clothes I can always replace those :-|

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 09-08-2012 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
They are only $4.99 at Oozak!!
Oozak.com | ALL COLORS | SKETCH | Individual Markers
If you are logged in, you'll see them for $4.99 each.
THANK YOU SOPHIE!! I'll be placing an order from them!! I can always go in on an order with my friends, so that we can get that free shipping!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to say I bought the Ciao and the refills (yes they can be refilled). Another way to cut Copic costs. I found this way I could have more colors. The only difference is the size of the barrel so I have to refill more often.

And I use an airbrush with them. I got the right PSI compressor at Harbor Freight for around $50 instead of the huge price Copics have for their own brand. (never used the can of air - didn't seem economical with the learning curve).

I have around 150 copics +refills. 144 are Ciaos. They are my first choice coloring medium as I like the intensity of even the light colors.

Oh and FWIW I am another happy Oozak customer.

From experience I bought two 72 packs and I wouldn't buy them this way again. I love all the colors, however I have to move my markers in and out of my cupboard and the 72 case is heavy one handed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

I also bought all of my copics from Oozak.
Best prices and lightening speed delivery. If you place an order before 3 p.m. Eastern time it ships the same day

I didn't buy any sets either. I have three sites where the designers use Copics most of the time. They always note the Copic colors they used on an image . I chose colors these designers use. My Logic is they own all of the Copic colors and can experiment to find the best blending colors. I will never own all of the colors and the charts on line are not accurate.
They all have tutorials and tips . However Colleen Schaan has a lot of FANTASTIC Copic videos

My favorite Copic sites to check are:

Beate
fresh & fun

Colleen Schaan
Distinctive Touches

Sharon Harnist
PaperFections

I am sure there are other sites with great designers these are just my favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

One word of caution on buying Blending sets. There are several sites that sell what they call "Blending sets " of copics. Most of these companies do not stock ALL of the Copic colors so they chose the Copics for their Blending sets from the colors they stock.

These colors are not always the best blending colors.

This is why I take the recommendations of the designers on my favorite Copic sites. They own all the colors and I can see an image they colored to decided if I like the all over colors they used.
Just my 2�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

I have just jumped on the copic train and I must say that I love them. I love the shading and the wide variety of colors. I am also interested in trying the new prismacolor brush markers because prisma color markers are rich and bright in color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Barbara! That was super sweet of you!

I'm always trying to work up new tutorials, magazine articles, publications and videos to share.

As for selling the OP on Copics... well, I have to be honest and say that we can only give you the facts and share our own experiences and then let you make your own decision.

There are a number of Alcohol Ink marker brands out there. What makes Copic special?

#1 - Quality. There it is Artist quality vs. Crafter quality. Not saying that crafting quality is bad. I guess it comes down to you get what you pay for.

#2 - Color Choice. There are over 350 color choices. (358 to be exact.) Yes, that can be overwhelming at first, but with the numbering system, it's super easy to pick colors that work well together and blend well. Copics work even if you have a limited supply as they are made to layer and blend.

#3 - Nib Options - There are 4 different barrel types and each has different nib options. The Super Brush nib is amazing! Other brands have tried to replicate it, but IMO none even come close.

#4 - Consistency - Every marker is hand tested 3 times for quality control and the ink colors are computer matched so that there is absolutely no change between lots. This is a huge plus for artists and anyone who does design work.

#5 - Education - Yes, there is a learning curve to the markers. Copic saw a need for educating the user and created the Certification program. Instructors who were specially trained by the company teach store owners, instructors, designers and other consumers how to successfully use the product.

#6 - Non-Toxic - Not all alcohol ink markers are made with the same solvents. Copic markers are non-toxic, plant based, ethanol alcohol. No strong odors and not harmful to use in enclosed areas.

Those are some of the facts...

My own personal experiences? Well, I used to color with every other medium out there... then found Copics. Didn't know a thing about them, went to a store and bought a few (one blue, one red, one green) tried them, and was frustrated! Figured it was a bad product - until I learned more about them and how to pick colors... then I fell in love. I love them so much, I made them my career! LOL

my suggestion to you? See if you can find someone in your area who teaches classes and try them out before buying... then make a decision based on what YOU are looking for in a marker.

Hope that sheds some light.
Hugs!
colleen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
I also bought all of my copics from Oozak.

They all have tutorials and tips . However Colleen Schaan has a lot of FANTASTIC Copic videos

My favorite Copic sites to check are:

Beate
fresh & fun

Colleen Schaan
Distinctive Touches

Sharon Harnist
PaperFections

I am sure there are other sites with great designers these are just my favorites.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #38  
Crimping Master

Thank you. Those points are excellent! I don't have the ability to buy them right now but hopefully down the road!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

I am not the only one who realizes that Colleen Schaan does a superior job of teaching people how to use Copics, both in the videos on her site and in certification classes.

She was just appointed the "Director of Education" for Copic International
Distinctive Touches: New Job!

Congratulations Colleen!! You deserve it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

I have all of the six pack sets of spectrum noir markers and have started buying the refills. I absolutely love these markers. I also have a few copics, and I find the spectrum noir to be compatible. In order to blend well, you have to make sure you use the pen numbers that are next to each other and not stray to far from those numbers. I plan to buy the 24 marker sets as soon as I can afford them. I find them much more affordable than copics and just as good. I can't justify paying $8.00 for one marker when I can purchase 6 for that price. I guess it comes down to individual choice in the end. As long as you are happy with what you choose, that's all that's important.
Reply With Quote Likes