View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #1839
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Science was rough for me too. I've learned more physics from my husband and son than I ever did in school.

I think sometimes people think scientists are just poking around and guessing. They maybe don't grasp the years of research and reading involved, before a statement is made with any confidence. And I think the less you think about it, the easier it is to dismiss it as just another opinion.

That's what worries me with so many fundamental Christians home schooling. Whole lotta kids knowing nothing about real science. Sad.

I feel like I know just enough to appreciate how much I don't know. Richard Dawkins is not just an atheist, he's an extremely knowledgeable biologist. I tried to read some of THOSE books of his and simply could not slog through them.

I was able to get through most of Hawking's Grand Design, because he wrote it for "regular" people, he put graphs in, etc. Sometimes I could only read two pages and need a nap! Or have to read a couple pages a couple times. Still, I appreciated it. Again, I have a feel for how much I DON'T know.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!