Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Calgary Cardmakers

I am planning on visiting my son in Calgary this coming week, and was looking for suggestions for your fav store there for supplies. We used to live in SW Calgary, and he lives on Heritage if that helps.As time is always short ,did not want to run from store to store, so trying to narrow it down a bit. Primarily looking for tools not paper, which is not to say i could not be tempted at the later.:rolleyes:

Looking for stamps , die cuts and embossing folders.Appreciate your suggestions, as I was not into card making when we lived there and stores open and close ,so dont want to rely on memory. Thanks so much.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Irene! You have - H A V E - to go to Scrapbookers Paradise on Macleod. They are across the street (on the north side) from Walmart on Southland in the strip mall. They usually have a really good selection of stuff on for 25, 50, & 70% off stuff (mostly stamps). And if you hit it on the right day, you also get another 25% off anything 50 & 70 % off. They also have a good selection of tools, albeit, a little pricey. Another really good store just down the road is Paper Pastimes on the corner of Heritage & Elbow Drive. They are a stamp store and don't have a whole lot of tools, but they have a great selection of stamps. If you need a "tour guide", let me know. We could meet for coffee and I can show you where they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paperpastimes is either moving or closing out. I was in there a couple of Saturday's ago and they had a moving sale
I second Scrapbooker's Paradise on MacLeod, but they do have a northwest Store too. I have never been but if you are up in that area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

lost my edited message
Paper Pastimes has moved
Calgary, Alberta, T2H 0X9
ph: 403-255-8731

Second Scrapbookers Paradise on Macleod. They also have a North location if that is closer to your son. Crowfoot crossing is where they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I didn't realize they moved. I haven't been there in months. That address sounds familiar. I think that's the same place that Pam's Scrapbooking use to be... hmmm. I'll have to check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I used to live in what was originally called Evergreen Estates which was only a couple of houses backing onto Fish Creek Provincal Park. Shaunessy golf course sold off one hole and it was developed into Shawnee Drive with a couple of cul d sacs running off it. Prior to coming back to Wpg, they developed the big empty space further up the hill where we used to walk our dogs. lol I am pretty familiar with the area ,so good to know of this store.I also remember where Fairmount is.I also used to work at Southcentre Mall.Cat I will email if a coffee time wrill work. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Small world. I used to live in Canyon Meadows. Every time we go back to Calgary, I pay a visit to Scrapbookers Paradise. It's a great store and I recommend it too. They have a $2 make and take on Thursday. When you do the make and take you get a coupon for 5% off your purchase. At least you did earlier this year when I was there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

They also have Tag Tuesdays now as well between 10 - 4. It used to be until 5 which was great as I work across from South Centre (southland tower) and could get a tag in after work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Wow Irene! I use to live in Shawnessy on Shawinigan Drive in the late 1990's early 2000. I found it too far from everything, so I moved back up to the NW part of Calgary. Been "up here" for the last 12 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Calgary cardmakers

We lived on Shawnee Gardens which was a cul d sac off Shawnee Drive.We moved there in 1990 and back to Wpg in 1993. Hubby was there with CIBC to set up a new division of the bank, then had the opportunity to come back home . When we moved there they had been talking about the C Train for 7 years before, eventually they did put it through, but we were gone several years before this happened..

Further south in Shaunessy in l993 there was only the C0-OP ( where I shopped) a CIBC, a video store and two other very small stores. Could not believe the shopping area when we came back for a vist after a few years. I always remember that in calgary things got done quickly. Still keep in touch with old neighbours there even after 20 years of being back in the Peg. Think very fondly of that city, and the three great years we lived there. But home is where the heart is ,and where our only grandchildren live..... and that's here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
... But home is where the heart is ,and where our only grandchildren live..... and that's here.
Yeah, my Mom & Dad moved out here for a few years, but my dad wanted to move back home so they did. For me though, you couldn't pay me enough to move back to Winnipeg. Calgary is my home now and I love it here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I think if we had stayed another year or so in Calgary we might have stAyed. However the big deal was we knew it was our daughter that would probably give us grandchildren as our son seemed to be content in being a bachelor.

It's a funny thing as you Get older aNd no longer have children in school it's harder to make New friends and roots, something that takes time. There is something to be said for life long friends And home is where your heart And roots are.

We loved our stay in Calgary but our hearts and roots were here.Only time will tell what any future moves will be if any.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Hi fellow Calgarians!!!!!
Aren't we SO lucky to live in a city with so many great locations for supplies! Lots of my 'small town' friends are so envious that us city girls have so much to choose from. And if you want a shopping buddy, I'm ALWAYS up for shopping!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonStamps!View Post
Hi fellow Calgarians!!!!!
Aren't we SO lucky to live in a city with so many great locations for supplies! Lots of my 'small town' friends are so envious that us city girls have so much to choose from. And if you want a shopping buddy, I'm ALWAYS up for shopping!!!!
Where abouts are you in Calgary?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Where abouts are you in Calgary?
SE: in McKenzie Towne
Reply With Quote Likes