View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #52
opal777
Glitter Queen

Heart I love my electronic cutter...and my dies

I was on the fence for years before I caved and bought an electronic cutter. I personally prefer the Pazzles Inspiration...but there are many different brands out there to meet our demands. The one thing that I didn't want to do was to collect cartridges like I did dies.

That being said, I still use all of my border punches and embossing folders. However, I can now design what I don't have. One of the things that I like about my Pazzles machine is that it will cut virtually anything that is the thickness of or lesser than the thickness of a nickel. That includes plastic. Yes, it cuts plastic....and that means that I can make my own embossing folders. It is a tedious undertaking depending on what you want....but I have done it and it works great. It also means that I can make my embossing folder whatever size it want up to what will fit through an embossing machine. But,one person said that she used her old rolling pin with lots of elbow grease to get larger embosses LOL.

But....I still use my punches. Sometimes, it is just easier to pull it out than to search a file. It just depends on my mood at that particular moment. If it isn't right in front of me, when I am in a hurry, I probably won't use it. That includes glitters, embossing powders and paints. It has to be under my nose. Silly, right? It is just my style. Even when I cook or bake...I need it all out in front of me before I start. We are all different. So, it depends on your crafting style as to whether a machine will make the difference for you.

BTW.....if you DO get the machine and can use pdf files (these files are pretty universal and will open in most programs of the cutting machines) I have a website: http://izzaboutchu.yolasite.com. I have tons of free files there for you to download. I add new ones on the last Saturday of the month. I have even made cutting files from tutorials here because that way, I was able to just cut and not think about which fold to cut etc. I just share what I make myself. So enjoy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!