View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #41
Flohill
Cardstock Collector

Default electronic vs dies

well maybe I am the wrong person to reply as I started with a cricut expression loved it, bought a cuttlebug loved that then went to more cricuts now have an Imagine, an E2, cricut cake and a create as well as the sizzix eclips with ecal software and an ecraft. Not to be outdone by electronics I have 2 cuttlebugs 2 big shots and a grand caliber and waiting on the ebosser and have a very large amount of dies and own over 250 cricut cartridges and have a huge file of svg cuts. now for dies verses electronic cutters why stick to one when you can have so much fun with all of them. I love all my machines and sometimes use one in preference to another but other times just use one because it is there to use. Does all this save time no it saves my sanity as I create to relax. I have been able to buy these machines as I work and my hobby if I call it that is creating. Different people like doing different things and some are happy with a little cuttlebug and create many things others are happy with just an electronic machine and getting it mastered whichever one they have, others like me like to master all of them but somehow for me it is like children the more you have the more you love them and I wouldn't give them away even though sometimes they do things I just wish they wouldn't do. My advice is to see if you can find a great shop that has the machine you are looking at on demo and go and play with it. if you are on a budget work out how much you can do with just one thing. I have been totally amazed that a person who had 2 embossing folders and one cutting die which came free with the cuttlebug made so many different combinations of cards and 3d projects with this small amount of stuff. Dies will never die and electronic machines will forever be there to ensure that we have something else to master. My advice on electronic vs dies is to be happy with your choice of what you chose. Youtube has a huge number of videos on all of the machines, one will make you think about it more than others. None of them will do everything right every single time and this can be frustrating whether it be a die cut that moves or that you didn't know you are suppose to clean your electronic machines blade. Good luck with what you chose.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!