View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #1813
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

I think I also learned an interesting lesson about children. My DD said something once about how the bible stories just seemed like other fairy tales to her.

When I used to take her to church - not every Sunday but somewhat regularly - I was involved with the women's group and they had donuts after mass, so I could get the kids to go, and then they'd have CCD in the hall.

DD always wanted to take a book to read in church. I told her it had to be the book of bible stories, if she had to take a book. So she did. It had pictures and was good reading.

But now, I realize that to her, that book just blended in with all the other books of stories she was reading!!!!!

When I realized I no longer believed, well, I clearly remember that it took awhile to be a complete thought, and I said out loud to DD that I thought I was an atheist. She said, "Well now that's not something one normally hears from their 55 year old mother."

Then she told me that she was agnostic, at best. And DS had been an atheist for a long long time. (He's only 21 now.)

Yeah it was interesting.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!