Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for stamp stores in southern Maine

Hi Everyone!

I'll be on vaca in the Wells, ME area soon & I'm looking for some nice rubber stamp stores.

Any suggestions?

I looked online and found Rubber Stamp Attic in Arundel, ME & Mainely Stamps in Kittery, ME but neither have web sites. Has anyone been to them & if so, do you recommend them?

Thanks!
Megan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

No replies? I too will be in the southern Maine are very soon. It would be great if there were a LSS around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I vacation in Maine alot and have been to Maine-ly Stamps in Kittery. I "think" that the one in Arundel is no longer there but I am not positive.
Each time I go, I make sure to go to Maine-ly Stamps. I know she has recently gotten some Copics in stock. She mainly (lol!) has Hero Arts stamps and some others...mostly wood block.
Another MUST have store to hit is Stamped Designs in Dover, NH. It's only about 1/2 hour - 40 minutes from Wells and she has AMAZING product....Copics, TONS of stamps from ALOT of on line companies, papers...it's my favorite place to stop!

Hope this helps and have a great time in Maine!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here is the website for Stamped Designs. They are not open normal hours so make sure to check before you go!!

Page 1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the link to the store in Dover, NH. I'll have to stop there on vaca.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KharmagirlView Post
I vacation in Maine alot and have been to Maine-ly Stamps in Kittery. I "think" that the one in Arundel is no longer there but I am not positive.
Each time I go, I make sure to go to Maine-ly Stamps. I know she has recently gotten some Copics in stock. She mainly (lol!) has Hero Arts stamps and some others...mostly wood block.
Another MUST have store to hit is Stamped Designs in Dover, NH. It's only about 1/2 hour - 40 minutes from Wells and she has AMAZING product....Copics, TONS of stamps from ALOT of on line companies, papers...it's my favorite place to stop!

Hope this helps and have a great time in Maine!!
I have to agree. I shopped here for the first time two months ago. This store has ALOTof stuff. I walked around it atleast 3 times. The owner is very helpful and very very knowledgeable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I just returned from a visit to Maine, and I stopped at two different shops. Pen Ventures in West Rockport was a very nice, small shop. The owner was a delight- couldn't wait to show me the new product, helping me with design ideas. I'm new to scenic stamping and she was very helpful- I hope to return there again because I was so pleased. She had Copics and a good selection of inks, but mostly scenic stamps. It's a VERY small store, but if you are into scenic stamping then it's well worth the trip.
The other store I topped at was Silver Fox Stamps in Winslow. The tiny little shop is in the owners home, and her husband was very kind to let me in long after he had closed for the day. They make their own wood-mount red rubber stamps, so this is worth the trip just to find some unique design you'll never find elsewhere. But they have an online catalog so check them out before you go because otherwise there's not much else. Still, I was very pleased with my purchase and would stop there again.
I've been to Maine-ly Stamps a couple times and not too impressed. But they do have a lot of stamps. Prices are high.
Reply With Quote Likes