Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default August 2012 ReLeAsE PaRtY August 24 @ 9pm ET!

Hey Verve fans! Are you ready for Anni-VERVE-sary??? Verve turns 5 years old this month, and we're celebrating with a jam packed Anni-VERVE-sary release!

We'll be releasing 9 new sets, 4 plain janes and a whole bunch of new dies Friday, August 24! And you're invited to count down to our release with us! There'll be set reveals, beautiful sample projects from the Divas and what's a party without prizes?!!

So clear your calendars, make yourself a treat and come join the fun right here on this thread this Friday night, August 24!!!

9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain, 6PM Pacific, 3PM Hawaii
World Clock link for other locations

Here's the Schedule of Events for tonight's party!
All reveals and winners will happen over in our August 2012 REVEALS & WINNERS thread, so you might want to keep that link open in another window.

9:00pm ET – Welcome
9:15pm - Reveal #1
9:30pm - Reveal #2
9:45pm - Reveal #3
10:00pm - Reveal #4
10:15pm - Reveal #5
10:30pm – Winners Announced
10:45pm - Reveal #6
11:00pm - Shopping Begins

We'll also be drawing a few random post numbers from this party thread to win a $25 discount code, so be sure to chat it up! It's time to CELEBRATE!

Last edited by Vervegirl; 08-24-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

How our release parties work: I've posted the August 2012 REVEALS & WINNERS thread with the schedule of events for tonight's party. This lists the times that each set reveal and the winners announcements will be made during the party.

We just chat it up in this thread right here. Things go fast, so just jump right in and say hi! You can hit the F5 key on your computer to refresh the screen to the most recent posts.

I'll post pictures in the REVEALS thread as each set is revealed and post a link here in the chat. As each set is revealed, our fabulous design team will be attaching pictures to this chat thread of the gorgeous samples they've created using the new sets. It's easy and a lot of fun, so if you're new just jump right in. We love making new friends!

Oh, and if you have email notifications turned on, you might want to turn them off so you don't get a bazillion messages from this thread. Once you post a comment in the thread, you're automatically subscribed to the thread and by default you'll get email notifications, unless you've adjusted your profile settings. {You can unsubscribe by clicking the arrow by the Thread Tools in the upper right section of the page, then choosing Unsubscribe from this thread. Or if you're already getting emails, you can click the unsubscribe link in your first email notification.}

Last edited by Vervegirl; 08-24-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woohoo! I usually like to arrive a few minutes late to a party...but I couldn't resist starting right now! I wish I were in Hawaii, so I could start the party early on Friday {wink!}. You sure know how to throw a celebration, Julee This release is out of this world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm so glad I stopped by and read all the details! I'm thinking about a work stoppage on the home front until I play along with all the Verve challenges. Do you think that will fly?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravengirlView Post
I'm so glad I stopped by and read all the details! I'm thinking about a work stoppage on the home front until I play along with all the Verve challenges. Do you think that will fly?
Funny you should say that ... that's my plan exactly!! I wasn't able to get any of the challenges done last week, so this week EVERYTHING is on hold until I have completed all the Verve challenges! (and maybe some more, just for fun! Te he!)

I'm not sure how I'm going to get away with it either, but we are crafty women, we can make it fly! (pun was entirely intended!!)

Really enjoying this anniversary celebration-thanks so much to Julee and la Divas! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 279 Likes on 230 Posts

Yay! I'm all caught up on challenges and hopping! Tomorrow dd gets her wisdom teeth out, so I won't be doing much but taking care of her. I should still be able to hop, but I won't have time to stamp, so I'm glad I'm ahead of the game for once!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank heavens for WiFi on the Island and a Kindle Fire so I can at least get the bloc hop commenting done and see some previews. Will be busy completing the challenges when we get home. Can't wait to party and see the whole sets - I solo need some new Verge (I hate auto correct on this Kindle! As it won't let me type some words!!!)
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I am so enjoying the hops and peeks at the new Verve coming on Friday. My wallet is going to be suffering big time as of Friday night.
I'm so looking forward to the Release Party.

Marisa, I was wondering about your spell check ....so it's the Kindle Fire you're typing on.....sorry it's causing you grief.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbabyView Post
I am so enjoying the hops and peeks at the new Verve coming on Friday. My wallet is going to be suffering big time as of Friday night.
I'm so looking forward to the Release Party.

Marisa, I was wondering about your spell check ....so it's the Kindle Fire you're typing on.....sorry it's causing you grief.:(
It's a real pain!!! Was going to say b-u-t-t but it changes it to Bert!! Won't take the stamp company name either...back home tomorrow so all will be back to normal Can't complain too much as it has let me stay connected. Will have to do some research to see to fix that issue. Need to pound out two more challenge cards when I get home too - can't wait as I have missed my stamping time but sure enjoyed our time away as a family Vancouver Ismael is a beautiful part of the world and I have the best in-laws!!
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterockmamaView Post
It's a real pain!!! Was going to say b-u-t-t but it changes it to Bert!! Won't take the stamp company name either...back home tomorrow so all will be back to normal Can't complain too much as it has let me stay connected. Will have to do some research to see to fix that issue. Need to pound out two more challenge cards when I get home too - can't wait as I have missed my stamping time but sure enjoyed our time away as a family Vancouver Ismael is a beautiful part of the world and I have the best in-laws!!
I bet it is something you can change in the settings if it's anything like and iPad or iPhone. It sounds like what it is doing is called auto-complete; it thinks it knows the words you are wanting to type and takes over. If you go into settings you should be able to turn that off. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so excited about this release party!! I love that you had additional challenges for it and the customer card carnival. That is so cool Julee! Way to go. I would love to have it all but, I took a cut in hours earlier this year due to some restructuring in my company and there is no way I can spend $300 on stamps right now. I'm trying really hard to complete all the Anni-VERVE-sary challenges so that I'll have a chance at the prize for the entire release and I'm also trying to do the card carnival. But, life happens and my Brother-in-Law's Mom lost her battle with Cancer early this morning. (It's the lady I mentioned when I created this card) So, I've spent the past several hours over at their house and talk about something that will zap your ability to feel creative...this is definitely it. But, I'm gonna try again tomorrow.
Regardless, I am definitely looking forward to the release party on Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

You guys are so funny! Maybe we can write work absence excuses for each other. You're feeling a bit feverish (with excitement), aren't you, Sian? ;)

I can't miss work...trying to wrack up a little overtime to PAY for all the Verve just in case I don't win! LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jennipher, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Praying for some peace and that you'll be renewed by God's grace. Hugs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampticianView Post
I am so excited about this release party!! I love that you had additional challenges for it and the customer card carnival. That is so cool Julee! Way to go. I would love to have it all but, I took a cut in hours earlier this year due to some restructuring in my company and there is no way I can spend $300 on stamps right now. I'm trying really hard to complete all the Anni-VERVE-sary challenges so that I'll have a chance at the prize for the entire release and I'm also trying to do the card carnival. But, life happens and my Brother-in-Law's Mom lost her battle with Cancer early this morning. (It's the lady I mentioned when I created this card) So, I've spent the past several hours over at their house and talk about something that will zap your ability to feel creative...this is definitely it. But, I'm gonna try again tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Awww, Marisa!! Well, I solo need some Verge, too!! :mrgreen: See you Friday!

Quote:

Thank heavens for WiFi on the Island and a Kindle Fire so I can at least get the bloc hop commenting done and see some previews. Will be busy completing the challenges when we get home. Can't wait to party and see the whole sets - I solo need some new Verge (I hate auto correct on this Kindle! As it won't let me type some words!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I canNOT wait!

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 279 Likes on 230 Posts

Quote:

I'm so sorry Jennipher! What a hard time for your family!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Nicole and Tricia for the kind words. It means so much to me. Right now my heart is just broken for my brother-in-law and his brother and sisters.The Memorial Service is on Friday morning. So by the time Friday night rolls around, I could really use the excitement and fun that is always generated in a Verve release party thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

Excited!! I have two cards in the carnival already and hoping to get to these challenges today!! ;) I just ordered some sale items and can't wait to look at the new stuff!!

MY BlogYouTube

Proud to Design for: Scrapbook Blessings Club Craftin Desert Divas Riley & Company Stamps MHK Designs Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I feel for you Marisa........that would be sooooo frustrating for me. Hopefully you are home now and back to normal typing/posting, even though you wouldn't have wanted to miss the time with your in-laws.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbabyView Post
I feel for you Marisa........that would be sooooo frustrating for me. Hopefully you are home now and back to normal typing/posting, even though you wouldn't have wanted to miss the time with your in-laws.
Thanks Darlene Nothing like having Verge show up instead of Verve - ugh! Finally home and typing on a keyboard is MUCH better than a flat tablet!! Now just have to catch up on missed challenges - going to be a busy two days but hey, will do just about anything for a chance at winning some Verve!
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlsmith68View Post
Awww, Marisa!! Well, I solo need some Verge, too!! :mrgreen: See you Friday!
I will never be able to read the word Verge the same way again LOL! Back to a normal keyboard feels wonderful!!!!
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hear your re: a restricted budget Jennipher and have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow to get the rest of the challenges done - well worth it though So sorry to hear about your loss....cancer is such an aweful disease. Big cyber hug to you!!
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I will never be able to read the word Verge the same way again LOL! Back to a normal keyboard feels wonderful!!!!
Keyboards can mess with ya'!!! Hate the autocorrect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hear your re: a restricted budget Jennipher and have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow to get the rest of the challenges done - well worth it though So sorry to hear about your loss....cancer is such an aweful disease. Big cyber hug to you!!
Thanks Marissa. I just finished up the last challenge. Phew! There would be no time tomorrow before the deadline as the Memorial Service is at 11 a.m. and then I have to report to work after, since this is extended family and not my immediate family. I really appreciate the cyber hugs. Those are the best kind. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlsmith68View Post
You guys are so funny! Maybe we can write work absence excuses for each other. You're feeling a bit feverish (with excitement), aren't you, Sian? ;)

I can't miss work...trying to wrack up a little overtime to PAY for all the Verve just in case I don't win! LOL.

I hear ya! Waaaaay too excited! Ha ha! You should tell work that a bunch of your friends from all over the world are getting together and you absolutely couldn't miss it ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks Marissa. I just finished up the last challenge. Phew! There would be no time tomorrow before the deadline as the Memorial Service is at 11 a.m. and then I have to report to work after, since this is extended family and not my immediate family. I really appreciate the cyber hugs. Those are the best kind. ;)
Hey ladies!

I'm sorry to hear your terrible news, I hope the memorial is a nice an occasion as it can be for you all.

I think everyone's on a restricted budget hey?! I understand the stress it causes too. I lost my job a few months ago and just cannot get anything else! At the same time my other half had a few days a week cut at his job so we had a minor panic for a while! So, I feel ya! But ya know what, it must be for a reason and when I work it out I'll let you know! Ha ha!!

On the up side, I've had much more time for crafting - whoop! I have an entrepreneurial streak, so hopefully I can find a nice profitable niche somewhere and not have to sorry about working for anyone else again! Verve does promote dreaming big!!

And it's RELEASE DAY! Woohoo! I'd just like to wish everyone good luck in all the amazing prize draws! And Julee, thank you so much for SO many opportunities to win, and win big I might add! Everyone's creations are so fantastic, I hope it's drawn by random org else Julee and the divas are going to have a nightmare choosing the winners!!

Can't wait to see the new Verve, may even set my alarm for 3am .... maybe! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Ugh, I got bitten by the auto correct bug!! That was supposed to say *worry* not *sorry*! Bloody iPhone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Skype™ to pamshobby

Woot, woot ... release day! I'm so excited and can't wait to see the full reveal! This is my first time to participate in the Verve challenges. I'm just starting my collection and hope to keep building it!

Thank you Divas for a lot of fun this week and all your gorgeous cards! I'm off to make a Verve card for the carnival ... yay!

See you all tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SianView Post
Ugh, I got bitten by the auto correct bug!! That was supposed to say *worry* not *sorry*! Bloody iPhone!!
as long as it doesn't autocorrect, laters...to lamers, teehee ;) If you are at the party tonight at 3:00 in the morning, I will scream and you will be the #1 Verve Fan!

laters, ox
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamshobbyView Post
Woot, woot ... release day! I'm so excited and can't wait to see the full reveal! This is my first time to participate in the Verve challenges. I'm just starting my collection and hope to keep building it!

Thank you Divas for a lot of fun this week and all your gorgeous cards! I'm off to make a Verve card for the carnival ... yay!

See you all tonight!
thanks, Pam!

I'm so excited for the full stamp set reveals...truly, it's an amazing collection! Hope your carnival card is going well...I need to fill up my coffee cup and head into the studio for a few more fun samples for the party tonight

see you at the Party!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thinking of you today ((hugs)). Glad you got all the challenges done
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not the only one with strange words appearing ;) Nice to have some company LOL! What part of the world are you in Sian - 3:00 a.m. yikes!!
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamshobbyView Post

See you all tonight!
Welcome to Verve Anonymous LOL! Lots of wonderful sets to enjoy
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishlatteView Post
as long as it doesn't autocorrect, laters...to lamers, teehee ;) If you are at the party tonight at 3:00 in the morning, I will scream and you will be the #1 Verve Fan!

laters, ox
No, you're right, that would absolutely not do! I'll have to double check every time I type that now! Ha ha!

Oh Moe! You're making me feel bad! I'll do my best to make it to the shindig at some point! Although, it's 10pm here now and I'm just going to bed-how rock n roll am I!!?

Laters, Diva
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not the only one with strange words appearing ;) Nice to have some company LOL! What part of the world are you in Sian - 3:00 a.m. yikes!!
Ugh, autocorrect gets me every time Marisa! I could quite believe that it was invented just to wind me up! ;)

I'm in good old Blighty my darling maybe I'll have to move to the states next year so I can join in the release party fun!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

So sad - I'm going to miss the party tonight. But I have had so much fun with these challenges and LOVE the new release. Have fun tonight girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Originally from Hawaii, now Hamilton, MT. since 2000

Wow it looks like the party already started. I just got done doing todays blog hop. It sure has been fun with all the challenges and hopping. Well I better go pick up kids be back for the party.

~Rosie~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tangerine Dream

The peeks have been awesome! Julee your team is amazingly talented and VERY kind with their chatter and comments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, I may have made a mistake. I just wanted to double check the time difference between the UK and the US (EST) and now it's telling me it's a five hour difference, not six! The Internet was telling me porky pies!

I used to stay up until 2am no problem, getting old now though! Wish me luck! If I don't make it, have a ball everyone! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ok, I may have made a mistake. I just wanted to double check the time difference between the UK and the US (EST) and now it's telling me it's a five hour difference, not six! The Internet was telling me porky pies!

I used to stay up until 2am no problem, getting old now though! Wish me luck! If I don't make it, have a ball everyone! ;)
no worries, Sian I can't stay up much past midnight now. There's all day to shop tomorrow ;) Sweet dreams
Reply With Quote Likes