Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your best way to store the Nestabilities????

I have the oval scallop and rectangular scallop sets and need to know how you all store yours. I have been using them alot lately and it is a pain to take them in and out of it's original package. I dont always get that plastic open evenly, well, you can figure the rest...lol....I am still working on xmas gifts that are for out of town family....(we will see them in a couple of weeks.)

thanx much
Happy Holidays

My little Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I think I read somewhere that people put them in empty CD cases.. I have a few sets of nestabilities that I just bought so I'm interested in what people have to say about this topic too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #3  
Sassy Shani

An empty CD case with magentic strips. Works like a charm :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like the cd cases, too. It's a simple thing to cut 3 strips of magnet tape for each side of the case. The scallops go on the right side, the non-scallops on the left. Perfect fit! Then I trim out the packaging labels and adhere them to the case so it makes a nice, unified look to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanx for all your replies....I did try the empty cd thingy, but that raised area in the center of the cd case is in the way for the larger die...couldnt close it...i guess thats where the magnet tape comes in...I AM a visual person.....heheeehee....gotta SEE everything before I can apply to my own use....kwim?????

My little Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #6  
Sassy Shani

You need to remove that. :mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonikaView Post
Thanx for all your replies....I did try the empty cd thingy, but that raised area in the center of the cd case is in the way for the larger die...couldnt close it...i guess thats where the magnet tape comes in...I AM a visual person.....heheeehee....gotta SEE everything before I can apply to my own use....kwim?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Red face

Ok, now I really feel stupid.....I have the skinny CD and never gave it a thought of the regular ones...duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......now THAT was embarrasing..............:rolleyes: ;) ;)

My little Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can't you still fit one set in the slims? I think you can... If there's an insert just pop it out, lay the magnet strips down and then your dies. Can't say for sure, because I've never tried the slims, though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have all 4 sets and I bought a cd holder case for mine and each set fits into the sleeves for cds. It works great and you have them all together. I plan to get some magnetic strips also. My holder is about 5 x 7 and has a zipper on it.

Pinky

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryroth/

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I buy mat board from Joanns/Michaels and cut them to 4x4 squares. Then I attach a 3x3 or so piece of magnet paper. This keeps the dies in place and then I store mine in a CD storage box that has little hanging files. My Spellbinders dies are organized and all in one happy place.
I have attached a couple pictures of my storage box and one of my sets on it's magnet mat board.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your best way to store the Nestabilities????-nestabilities-compared-small.jpg   What's your best way to store the Nestabilities????-die-case-open.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts

Karlene- great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I store mine in Memorex CD keepers. These are like the CD sleeves but made of plastic. I cut down some magnet sheets (vent covers from Home Depot) and store the dies on the magnet in the sleeve. I also cut out the picture of the dies from the packaging and include that in the sleeve. I like this storage because it doesn't take up a lot of space. You can also store extra diecuts in the sleeve with the dies for later use.

Memorex CD DVD Keepers Clear Pack Of 50 by Office Depot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked-2View Post
I buy mat board from Joanns/Michaels and cut them to 4x4 squares. Then I attach a 3x3 or so piece of magnet paper. This keeps the dies in place and then I store mine in a CD storage box that has little hanging files. My Spellbinders dies are organized and all in one happy place.
I have attached a couple pictures of my storage box and one of my sets on it's magnet mat board.

Hope this helps.
That's a good idea; I'm starting to "collect" dies and I'm figuring out a way to store them. Thank you!
Romans 8:38-39
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #14  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I store mine in a binder with magnetic sheets inside the pouches. I plan on doing a blog post later this week with pictures, I will try and come back to do a link too! It works for me and I have 12 sets in one small binder and still have tons of room!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

After trying several methods, my favorite and the one i use is the Quickutz Magnetic folders 8 1/2x 11" size. Each folder can hold many of the nesti sets. For example,I have all circles (both sizes plain and scalloped) in one folder. They sit in a cubby right next to my workstation and are easily labeled and retrieved. A little pricey...so use coupons!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoganView Post
I store mine in Memorex CD keepers. These are like the CD sleeves but made of plastic. I cut down some magnet sheets (vent covers from Home Depot) and store the dies on the magnet in the sleeve. I also cut out the picture of the dies from the packaging and include that in the sleeve. I like this storage because it doesn't take up a lot of space. You can also store extra diecuts in the sleeve with the dies for later use.

Memorex CD DVD Keepers Clear Pack Of 50 by Office Depot
I use this method as well. I store them in some wire baskets from Meijer and I have dividers so I can sort nesties, shapes, MFT etc. I have a matching bin that I store my embossing folders in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

I have so many that I use 3 ring binders with plastic diver pockets. I bought mag sheets and put the dies on the mag sheet and slip into the pocket. Each divider is labeled.

So I can flip through and find exactly what I want.

I have 3 binders full but this keeps them organized and available. The CD case thing wouldn't work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I just did a blog post with pictures for the way I store mine!

3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!: How to store your framelits
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

I have tons of dies to store but still prefer the thick CD cases with magnet swatches (and a few DVD cases for larger sets).

Using notebooks or file boxes scared me----the thought of dropping it and having stray dies all over! Plus, I like to keep a cut set of the dies in the case so that I can play around with placement or matching them to a die in a different case. For elaborate dies, I keep a piece of wax paper ready for the next time I cut ( or a reminder to use a shim).

I use an image catalog (looseleaf notebook with pages in plastic sleeves) of all my dies, punches, and embossing folders by theme; so finding the right case is simplified.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
I have tons of dies to store but still prefer the thick CD cases with magnet swatches (and a few DVD cases for larger sets).

Using notebooks or file boxes scared me----the thought of dropping it and having stray dies all over! Plus, I like to keep a cut set of the dies in the case so that I can play around with placement or matching them to a die in a different case. For elaborate dies, I keep a piece of wax paper ready for the next time I cut ( or a reminder to use a shim).

I use an image catalog (looseleaf notebook with pages in plastic sleeves) of all my dies, punches, and embossing folders by theme; so finding the right case is simplified.

This picture of die storage use is kinda the way I do mine as well only I don't have as many as this gal. I bought my king sized cd cases at tapeonline for .88 cents each (bought a ton) and bought the vent covers at the local hardware and sprayed glue on them and attached the dies to them. Works beautifully. Then I made labels for the side panel on my Excel program all color coded which now has saved me oooooodles of time finding what I want. I, too, made up binders with a stamped image of all my stamps ...whether clear, mounted on wood, tiny ones like from Michaels, Just Rite, Gina K, all the Tim Holtz/Ranger products, and now Spellbinders and other dies. A ton ton ton of work, but now I can go to just what I want without searching through every single thing to find the "right" die or stamp. I only wish I had saved the picture of each die so I could glue it to the front of the cd or dvd cases. So, now I have to come up with a way to reinvent "the pic" for each case. Just takes time...all summer...to set it up. AND the neat thing is my hubby helped me. Voila' lovey moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Yes, we spend so much time on organizing and and re-organizing. I wish each stamper/ scrapper would consider reality when they first realize there needs to be a way to access all the stuff he/she is accumulating. You need to look at the quantity of stamps, dies, punches, paper, or whatever that you have and imagine it growing and growing and growing....not by 10%....but more like ten-fold. (My Stuff has gone far beyond that.) How will you be able to get a handle on things if your 80 stamps are 800 or more? The storage is one part, but the ability to locate the right item must also be considered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
Yes, we spend so much time on organizing and and re-organizing. I wish each stamper/ scrapper would consider reality when they first realize there needs to be a way to access all the stuff he/she is accumulating. You need to look at the quantity of stamps, dies, punches, paper, or whatever that you have and imagine it growing and growing and growing....not by 10%....but more like ten-fold. (My Stuff has gone far beyond that.) How will you be able to get a handle on things if your 80 stamps are 800 or more? The storage is one part, but the ability to locate the right item must also be considered.
Agreed...and I'm new to the whole thing!

Not only should someone consider the amount, but also how easily one can move it (Especially if that person constantly moves, like folks in the military do, or those that are constantly transferred by their jobs.).
Romans 8:38-39
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

I cut $ store magnet sheets into strips and insert them into CD cases. Works like a charm!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Some of my Spellbinders won't fit into CD cases..(my Labels 8 I think). I use the same storage technique but put them into DVD cases. I buy the Memorex brand ones at Target.
Yes, they have a molded interior that has the center hub,but I center the middle hole of the dies directly over it and the case closes perfectly. I then cut the original packaging down and slide it into the cover.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's what I posted on my blog about storing dies. This post is for the A Muse dies, but I do the same exact thing with my Spellbinders. I have a separate binder for the different shapes (circle, oval, square, rectangle, flowers, shapes, borders).

Inking with Brenda Lee: Organizing Dies (and reinkers recap)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Although I refuse to pay full price for the dies, they are still an investment and I was worried they would get damaged over time so I switched from a file box system to CD/DVD cases. Magnetic strips on the inside and a label on the spine with the die name. So far loving it.
“Don’t ever forget that you’re a citizen of this world, and there are things you can do to lift the human spirit, things that are easy, things that are free, things that you can do every day: civility, respect, kindness, character.” ~ Aaron Sorkin
My Gallery
Featured Stamper FS739 April 4, 21
My Blog
Administrator for The Outlawz Challenges

Reply With Quote Likes