View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
Barbara Jay
Hardware Hotshot

Michael's is becoming more restrictive too. In the past I could use a Michael's coupon and a competitor's coupon on the same visit if I made a separate purchase. Now they are enforcing the one coupon per customer per day .

I went to Michael's last Sunday to buy cemetery cones with a 25% off everything coupon . Cemetery cones never go on sale. I tried to make a separate purchase with a Joann 40% off coupon for a die and they said I can only use one coupon per day.

The clerk acted quite surprised when I told her to take the die off the bill. I guess she thought because I wanted it I would just pay the higher price . By using the 25% off coupon rather than the 40% off Joann coupon on the die it would have cost me an additional $3.75 for the die. That is nearly the cost of a gallon of gas

There was no point in going to my car and coming back into the store to use the coupon since they only had one clerk at the registers. I certainly was not going to return the next day to buy it since it is over 16 miles round trip. The cost of gas would negate the savings of the coupon.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 08-19-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!