Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware : Papertrey Ink

First up I am much of a lurker here and don't often post but I wanted to make sure people know about PTI's terrible customer service.

They have had issues with their Sunrise Impression Plate - some customers claiming they are faulty. Every question or query has been deleted/locked or moved from their forum.
I also bought this product and was worried it was defective so went to their customer service website to simply ask what was the recommended 'sandwich' to use with my Big Shot. I did notice that there was a post about the possibility that customers may have a defective product and that it was a 'locked' thread (it was only posted on the customer service area - not in the forum or website where customers may have any chance at actually reading it!).
I also queried the shipping policy that makes the CUSTOMER PAY FOR SHIPPING THE (defective) PRODUCT BACK. What the?
I am international and paid $32+ to have it shipped to me, find it is defective and have to pay to send it back? (Yes, they reimburse the shipping IF they determine it is in fact faulty - but is that just wrong?)

And the response to asking the correct 'sandwich' for my Big Shot : "search Nichole's Heady's blog or ask other customers on the forum."

Isn't customer service actually meant to give SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER?

WOW really wrong PTI
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Sad to say that I don't think anyone in surprised anymore

Nothing I hear from them about their CS wil shock me at this point
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I only ordered from them once...over a year ago. I won't use them again. I won't take that chance. It's sad to see a great company (or at least it used to be) go downhill so quickly. I feel badly for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered from them once, there was a piece missing to put on the stamp, i called them, they said i had to buy a replacment. I don't think so!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

It is sad to see a company that has nice products do all the wrong things.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

unfortunately, the return policy of most companies is that you have to pay the shipping to return. It really irks me that I would have to pay to correct their mistake. Now, if I ordered the wrong item, then yes, I'm willing to pay, but it just seems that once the company gets your money, you're out in the cold alone. PTI sure has exemplified this, and like I said in another thread, I'm sure glad I've never ordered from them, nor will I ever order from them given the way they conduct their business and treat customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
unfortunately, the return policy of most companies is that you have to pay the shipping to return. It really irks me that I would have to pay to correct their mistake. Now, if I ordered the wrong item, then yes, I'm willing to pay, but it just seems that once the company gets your money, you're out in the cold alone. PTI sure has exemplified this, and like I said in another thread, I'm sure glad I've never ordered from them, nor will I ever order from them given the way they conduct their business and treat customers.
Not all companies require that you pay return shipping, my camera had to be fixed and Cannon paid for all of the shipping, and I had to return a Kitchen Aid mixer (faulty), they sent me a new one and I sent them the old one back, all at their expense.

I refuse to do business with any company that requires a customer to pay for return shipping if the product is defective, and thus my dislike of Making Memories, don't EVEN get me started on their Slice machine issues and their absolute horrible customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
gobarb26 (11-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I screwed up my Gran Calibur - yes, it was my fault, and Sizzix told me to send it to them and they would fix it. I paid to ship it and they fixed it and shipped it back at their expense. They even sent a new tan embpssing mat - this repair was all my fault and they were simply wonderful to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
gobarb26 (11-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
I screwed up my Gran Calibur - yes, it was my fault, and Sizzix told me to send it to them and they would fix it. I paid to ship it and they fixed it and shipped it back at their expense. They even sent a new tan embpssing mat - this repair was all my fault and they were simply wonderful to me!
I think maybe that was Spellbinders if it was the Grand Calibur but Sizzix also have amazing cs too as I had problems with one of their alphabet dies a while back and they sent me a whole new alphabet set completely free of charge. This was a big deciding factor when I wanted to buy an electronic cutting machine and settled on the Eclips over all the others that were on the market as I was confident if anything went wrong I would receive good after sales CS.
Good service will always bring repeat business and terrible service from a company will always be detrimental to their business in the long run as people will just not go back and will spend their hard earned cash elsewhere next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
gobarb26 (11-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

HAHAHAHA - yes it was Spellbinders!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
My husband and I have had to return many things over the years and rarely do we pay return postage. Usually the procedure is to get a return authorization from the vendor and then we receive a return label with the postage paid. All we have to do is pack it up and send it off.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
gobarb26 (11-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

What number did you call them at? It is my understanding they do not have a customer service number, and I've been a customer for many, many years. I would have loved to have a number for them to call several times when I had some issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcityView Post
I ordered from them once, there was a piece missing to put on the stamp, i called them, they said i had to buy a replacment. I don't think so!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

There are already a few warning threads about pti.

Their admin listed a new sticky on the pti forums re: customer service related discussions. Left a bad taste in my mouth...then I was overwhelmed by sunshine and rainbows of forum chatter and countdowns that I promptly forgot and ordered more anyway...kidding. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I also just noticed that the thread someone started about Lisa Johnson's (former PTI DT) new MFT release stamp set, and question about whether it would coordinate with the PTI ticket die was deleted. I wasn't surprised that it wouldn't be allowed, but didn't exactly fit in the "deleting threads that were customer service related" announcement sticky with the other clean-up they did.

Oh well. There are other companies with great customer service I think we should continue to promote. Like MFT. ;) And my process of signing up as a SU demo was completely painless (other than narrowing down my first wishlist!) and they've provided a lot of helpful info to me already as a newbie, so that makes me feel good about continuing to order from / sell their products.

I also had a good experience with ProvoCraft. My Cuttlebug accessory pack bone folder seems to have chipped and looks gnawed. I called and initially they suggested I just buy a new one, but when I asked where since I could only find it in a kit of other accessories I didn't need, they offered to send me a new one for free. Hasn't arrived yet, but I was pretty happy that they were willing to replace it. Little things like that go a long way to making me want to continue to buy their products (and it was a dang good bone folder!)
Reply With Quote Likes
gobarb26 (11-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

This makes me sad to read. I have been a customer from the beginning and follow a lot of the design team. I sure hope someone here sees your question and knows the answer about what sandwich works in a Big Shot. I have the Cuttlebug and Vagabond only. Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
I also just noticed that the thread someone started about Lisa Johnson's (former PTI DT) new MFT release stamp set, and question about whether it would coordinate with the PTI ticket die was deleted. I wasn't surprised that it wouldn't be allowed, but didn't exactly fit in the "deleting threads that were customer service related" announcement sticky with the other clean-up they did.
But I think in the new TOS thread, Nichole reminded people that thou shalt not post in a way so as to promote competing companies.

Which reminds me-- did you join SU yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Emily - I did, I did! Will send you an email once I get a little more figured out. My catalogs and holiday minis should arrive Wednesday and I can get you one if you don't have them yet.

Ahh - it's been awhile since I've read the new TOS. I kinda read that thread as a Lisa-love-fest rather than a "MFT > PTI" promotion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

NuttyScrapper, like you, I am a lurker. I posted the following on the "Frustrated with PTI" thread but, since it relates to Papertrey Ink's Sunrise Impression plate, I thought I would copy and paste my comment in this thread too.

From my observations, I know many will jump on me and call me a "smacker." (Ask me what that term meant a couple of months ago, and I would have told you it was a brand of chapstick). I share my experience: (1) out of frustration and (2) to assist others in making an informed decision when it comes to spending their hard earned dollars. I don't get a kick out of criticizing Papertrey Ink, nor is it my life's labor.

I did not heed the warnings of countless others who also received terrible customer service from Papertrey Ink. My thought was, "that's terrible, but it's their problem, not mine. " I was so very, very wrong.

Background: Since discovering Papertrey Ink in February 2012 and becoming a customer in March 2012, I placed more than 10 orders without incident. Last month, I had a defective item issue that was similar to, if not exactly like, the defective item issues that other customers were also experiencing and sharing on Papertrey Ink's customer service forum. However, Papertrey Ink decided that my issue was unlike the others, despite documentary evidence (i.e. photos of the defective item). Papertrey Ink told the other customers to return their defective items for a refund or exchange, but instructed me to keep my useless plate or, as I like to call it, my "paperweight." Approximately two weeks after the complaints starting rolling in, Papertrey Ink finally conceded it was a manufacturing defect. While they posted this �recall� (if you can call it that) on their customer service forum/website, they: (1) only did so after blaming customers for the defective product (citing "user error"); and (2) did not bother to contact or notify customers who they told earlier to �go jump in a lake.� I only found out about the recall after reading it on a smack blog!!]

There is a big difference between (1) a company that occasionally loses a package or has a manufacturing issue and (2) a company that approaches every customer service issue with suspicion and doubt (i.e. the customer is going to "pull a fast one" on them and abuse their refund/exchange policies) and is not forthcoming with their customers. As you can imagine, I firmly place Papertrey Ink in the second category.

Papertrey Ink has wonderful designs. No doubt. But they are not the only game in town. The papercrafting industry is large and competition is fierce; even traditional scrapbooking paper companies are designing and producing stamp sets. With so many choices, consumers should not have to endure Papertrey Ink�s �distrust and conceal� philosophy.

[For those that are curious, the defective product was their Sunrise Impression plate. After running the plate through a Big Shot or Cuttlebug (using the proper sandwich), the image from the backside of the plate came through the front side of the plate, producing an undesired (and, in some cases, uneven) double impression. When I contacted Papertrey Ink, I was told by Julie Heskamp, one of the owners, that it was "normal" for the backside/B-side image to push through the front side/A-side.]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had ordered 6 packs of their awesome white cardstock but found they were not evenly cut. I had bought them specifically for white base cards and needed them perfectly cut. (It is very hard to trim just a little sliver here and there to get sides flush.) I emailed them and they took weeks and weeks to respond and when they did, they said they would only reimburse me $3 for shipping. So I emailed back and asked if I had to return the whole order which would have cost way more than $3 or just return some of the defective paper. They never responded. I have never ordered from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvallthisstampinView Post
I had ordered 6 packs of their awesome white cardstock but found they were not evenly cut. I had bought them specifically for white base cards and needed them perfectly cut. (It is very hard to trim just a little sliver here and there to get sides flush.) I emailed them and they took weeks and weeks to respond and when they did, they said they would only reimburse me $3 for shipping. So I emailed back and asked if I had to return the whole order which would have cost way more than $3 or just return some of the defective paper. They never responded. I have never ordered from them again.
I thought it was just me! I bought 2 new paper cutters and was wondering what the heck was wrong with ME that I couldn't cut a piece of paper straight. Then I began to realize that I could cut other paper straight just not PTI white. But it still seemed so far-fetched that I didn't think anyone would believe me. Thank goodness I'd only purchased one pack of the stuff.

Thank you for posting! I'm so glad to have confirmation that it wasn't just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
My husband and I have had to return many things over the years and rarely do we pay return postage. Usually the procedure is to get a return authorization from the vendor and then we receive a return label with the postage paid. All we have to do is pack it up and send it off.
I'm sure there are a lot of companies that will pay to have their mistakes fixed. I always read the shipping policies and rates before I place any orders and most of the online craft supply companies that I have been tempted to order from usually state that the customer is responsible for return shipping. If the policy stated that I would be reimbursed when they received the product, that would be different, but they don't, so I just close the window and move on to the next one. I simply refuse to pay exorbitant shipping fees or pay to fix someone else's mistake (which is why I've never ordered from PIT).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

I am still shaking my head over Julie's response. Does she have any business sense. You never speak to a customer that way. And may I just add that if Nichole "never in her right mind believed anyone would want to spend the approximately 20-25 minutes it takes to push out all of the little pieces" then why did she (a) name this the Lace Impressions Die and (b) demonstrate punching out the pieces when she showcased the product. Someone needs to take the keyboard away from Julie. I used to spend all of my crafting dollars at PTI. Until I see major improvement in customer service, I will be spending my money elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

HA - someone go tell them at PTI to come over here and read this - and others.

They can't delete these

Sadly, though, Nicole (well Julie ) should send Emily an appology and just do the right thing and help Emily out. If it takes a certain stack, then just figure it out and say hey Em - try this and see if it works for you - it did for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

I have only placed two previous orders with PTI over the last 4 years or so. One was a stamp set and the sampler pack of the 2009 colors of card stock. Order arrived in a timely fashion and I liked the way the paper was packaged to prevent the corners from being bent.

Second order was a large pack of the heavy white card stock. Decided to see what all the "fuss" was about! It arrived timely and well packaged. Then I started having trouble getting straight card bases from it. This was after I had spent some money on a nice 12 x 12 Tonic Guillotine cutter! Came to realize it's just the way that paper is cut from the start. It just isn't "square". So now, I always line it up carefully on the cutter and slice off a sliver to "square it off" before cutting bases. I was actually relieved it wasn't my expensive paper cutter!

I've just placed another order last week. I went ahead and ordered more of the heavy white paper, and two stamp sets. I hope it arrives timely as well. Glad I didn't order the Impression Plate I was considering since there doesn't seem to be much help if you get a bad one.

I can live with the "crooked" paper one more time; but after this I think I'll stick with GinaK heavy base weight papers because I KNOW her customer service is outstanding!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #25  

This just amazes me. I got an email today from SU about the holiday ornament bundle that I ordered ....and have used MANY MANY time (check out my blog for my holiday ornaments including hallowee, christmas and fourth of july)....I LOVE this set!!! SU sent me an email stating that I had ordered this stamp set and their was an error on the small accent circle so they are sending me a replacement one, no action required on my part! First of all, the "error" is that they picture shows two extra dots on the stamp and my stamp doesn't have it....honestly, I didn't even NOTICE this error!!!! But SU wants their products right!!!! THAT's customer service!!! I signed up in June to be a demo, mostly for a hobby demo and to try and sell some and see how it went, but service like this is turning me into 100% SU!!!!
There are companies that get it right!!!!! Unfortunately PTI is not one of them. Shame, I have some of their products, but if they can't stand behind their products, I don't want them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgoodnerView Post
I am still shaking my head over Julie's response. Does she have any business sense. You never speak to a customer that way. And may I just add that if Nichole "never in her right mind believed anyone would want to spend the approximately 20-25 minutes it takes to push out all of the little pieces" then why did she (a) name this the Lace Impressions Die and (b) demonstrate punching out the pieces when she showcased the product. Someone needs to take the keyboard away from Julie. I used to spend all of my crafting dollars at PTI. Until I see major improvement in customer service, I will be spending my money elsewhere.
I too am stunned. And I didn't think PTI could shock me any more.

And I'd like to add that it's entirely possible for a small company to do it right. Waltzingmouse Stamps once had a stamp set where SOME of the product coming off the line had a manufacturing flaw. On their site, they alerted customers immediately, apologized, and sent out a free replacement set to EVERYONE who had bought the set thus far -- whether the customer had reported a problem or not.
Their point was, we don't want to risk having people stuck with flawed product, so better we should help everyone rather than miss helping anyone.

Transparency is so important. I feel that what's even worse than lousy customer service is being secretive about it, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Mary, you have more patience than I do with that! I can't believe you ordered from them again, with the white card stock being cut crooked the first time! That would have been the end for me, and I'd have gone to GinaK. When I don't get good service, I go elsewhere, as there are so many good companies out there with great service that I can give my money to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I have only placed two previous orders with PTI over the last 4 years or so. One was a stamp set and the sampler pack of the 2009 colors of card stock. Order arrived in a timely fashion and I liked the way the paper was packaged to prevent the corners from being bent.

Second order was a large pack of the heavy white card stock. Decided to see what all the "fuss" was about! It arrived timely and well packaged. Then I started having trouble getting straight card bases from it. This was after I had spent some money on a nice 12 x 12 Tonic Guillotine cutter! Came to realize it's just the way that paper is cut from the start. It just isn't "square". So now, I always line it up carefully on the cutter and slice off a sliver to "square it off" before cutting bases. I was actually relieved it wasn't my expensive paper cutter!

I've just placed another order last week. I went ahead and ordered more of the heavy white paper, and two stamp sets. I hope it arrives timely as well. Glad I didn't order the Impression Plate I was considering since there doesn't seem to be much help if you get a bad one.

I can live with the "crooked" paper one more time; but after this I think I'll stick with GinaK heavy base weight papers because I KNOW her customer service is outstanding!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I've never bought anything from PTI because of all the things I've read here and elsewhere. I can understand someone ordering from them without having heard about all the trouble. What continues to perplex me is why people a.) purchase from them knowing their reputation, and b.) continue to order from them, continue to be treated badly, and/or continue to put up with damaged/defective products. It just boggles my mind. I don't care if I have to spend a little more money elsewhere. At least I receive the right products, get great customer service, and receive undamaged products that work. Mind-boggling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #29  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I've never bought anything from PTI because of all the things I've read here and elsewhere. I can understand someone ordering from them without having heard about all the trouble. What continues to perplex me is why people a.) purchase from them knowing their reputation, and b.) continue to order from them, continue to be treated badly, and/or continue to put up with damaged/defective products. It just boggles my mind. I don't care if I have to spend a little more money elsewhere. At least I receive the right products, get great customer service, and receive undamaged products that work. Mind-boggling.
I think many people want to believe the best.
Or they haven't had any problems. They've only heard of others. And there are posts from people who have ordered from PTI without problems.
Or ... we want to believe that a problem has been fixed. Other companies have had problems and corrected them. Those who like/love PTI product want to be able to buy it.

I don't think it's weird, it's that so many of us are optimists ... (which is why it's crushing to be 'let down' when product, shipping, or customer service fails)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
Or they haven't had any problems. They've only heard of others. And there are posts from people who have ordered from PTI without problems.
Or ... we want to believe that a problem has been fixed. Other companies have had problems and corrected them. Those who like/love PTI product want to be able to buy it.

I don't think it's weird, it's that so many of us are optimists ... (which is why it's crushing to be 'let down' when product, shipping, or customer service fails)
Very true! I have ordered from them in the past, back before all of the problems with the ink pads, but not since. Honestly, I won't again, after hearing all of the horror stories. Unless of course they have a huge turn around. But I feel that there are alot of other stores and companies out there doing it right day in and day out. I will give them my business because they have quality products and customer service. I am willing to put up with an oops here and there or product issues, but they need to make it right without a problem. Sad, because they started out so promising and have lost sight of what it is like to be on the other side of the fence and what good customer service is about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post

Oh, I don't think it's weird, Gail. Lots of people make the same mistakes over and over again when it comes to other things as well, so why not in stamping? It's just that I'm a realist when it comes to things like this. I'm an optimist about many things in life; I am by no means a pessimistic person. But I'm not going to risk my hard-earned money on a company that consistently treats their customers badly. Maybe not all of their customers, but enough to fill many pages on various message boards. These companies will never change unless they feel it in their pocketbooks. How many chances does one company need, and how many people have to be mistreated? The responses from the company very clearly indicate that they couldn't care less what their customers think, and customer satisfaction is way down at the bottom of their list of priorities, if it's even there at all. Like I said, I don't understand it. I don't think it's weird, but I don't understand it.

Last edited by Scrapjanny; 08-16-2012 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

I have ordered from them in the past -they have my all-time favorite card stock color, Berry Sorbet - without difficulty. Recent events, however, make me A LOT less inclined to order from them, plus I am really loving SU!'s new catalogue and holiday offerings. I figure since I'm a SU! demo I'll keep my spending with myself, at least for the rest of 2012.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

For me, it's the principle of the matter. I would love to order from PTI...so many wonderful images, paper, dies, etc. But the fact of the matter is...they have no respect for their customers and treat them horribly. I haven't ordered from them since all of these problems started based on the response of the customer service department and the owners. I just can't give my business to a company that has so little regard for their customers and only look out for their own best interest.

I'm one of those customers who had no issues with any orders I placed. But when you hear and see how people are treated, it's a total discouragement to place your business (with your hard earned money) with a company like that. I have stopped participating in the new release activities and have not taken a look at their products, but have seen products being used on blogs. Although I haven't had problems with my order, I don't want to take the risk. Hearing the problems that others have had AND (especially) the response from customer service, I'd rather not ever have to deal with it.

There are so many other companies who have wonderful product AND treat their customers with honesty and integrity. They are more deserving of my business. I have experienced such great customer service from several companies, whether there was anything wrong with the order or not. I have been amazed by the resolutions of some of these companies when there was a problem....they went way beyond what I had expected. That made me want to buy more from them!!! (which I did!!)

Customer service should be at the heart of all businesses, which sadly isn't the case with many. I'm glad I work for a company (not stamping related...LOL!!) that puts the clients' interests ahead of the company's....which is why I have been with them for almost 17 years.

I just remembered....yesterday, I ordered a salad from a deli that is quite popular and often have long lines. It wasn't all that busy when I went, but my order took a little longer than usual.....little longer....by 2 minutes!!! I made absolutely no complaints. When my order was called, she let me know that she put a "just out of the oven" chocolate chip cookie in my bag because of the delay. Like I said...I didn't say a word. They just DID it. I was very please and the cookie was DE-licious. Now THAT's a guarantee for repeat business. Not because of the free cookie, but just because they acknowledged it.

Unfortunately, PTI doesn't get it...and don't know if they ever will. I'm happy to give them a second chance, but I need to see the improvements first. My respect for them dwindles more and more. What's sad is that I'm losing respect for the design team as well (who I think do fabulous work and are talented) because they support a company that has such disregard for their customers. As the saying goes... one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

Wow, I wasn't planning on saying so much here...LOL!! Anyways, it's the principle. You wouldn't reward your child for bad behavior, right? So, why reward PTI for their bad behavior.

Maybe they should read up on customer service....there's so much information and research available online that's free!! Even About.com has an article on customer service:
Customer Service, Customer Service Training, Customer Relationship Management
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #34  
Compulsive Stamper

:confused:
Is all of the bad customer service the real reason Jennifer quit?? Has Dave disappeared also??

I started purchasing from PTI at the very beginning, and had spent hours reading through Nicole's blog from beginning to end. Used to purchase every month. I have spent more $$ at PTI than all other craft stores combined. After the last anniversary release, I had 2 issues with my order. Neither was resolved. As I love their products, I was hoping this was a one time problem. Next order, another issue. Not resolved. Rudeness from Julie. She has such a tone and seems so arrogant. She alone will run this company into the ground. Where is Jane in all of this??

I'm all for second chances, etc. but am so disappointed. I wish someone would buy Julie's share of the company and give them a fresh start. Nicole, you must be very frustrated. We love you and admire your talent. Such inspiration every month. Are you listening to your customers/fans??

I don't usually spout off like this, but am so saddened in the direction things seem to be going. Still hoping for a happy ending.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am another customer who has spent hundreds of dollars on their products but due to all the problems they seem to be having with serving their customers I have stopped even looking at their stuff so I will not be tempted. It is really sad that nobody there seems to get it that the customers should be gold because they are going to be in big trouble when all the customers are GONE.
:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

Just an update:
I used my Sunrise Impression Plate - searched to find the correct sandwich for ,myself as Customer Service could or would not answer my question - and the image from the reverse side is showing through and the metal is warped. I actually have 2 plates as one was ordered for a friend. I tried the other plate and that has the same issue.
I opened a ticket through Zendesk - PTI's answer to customer service.
I first dealt with Joanne who was quite helpful. I sent pictures and then never heard back from them in over a week.
Although it is clear from the pictures the plates are faulty, Julie has asked me to post them back. First, stating if THEY determine the product was faulty they will reimburse $1.50 in shipping (and then later changing it to $4). How very generous, considering THE PRODUCT IS FAULTY and YOU ARE CHARGING ME TO POST IT BACK.......it's going to cost me over $4 from Australia and then PTI will decide if it's faulty??????

Just not worth it.

I have now been locked out of the PTI forum.

Any problem they don't want to deal with, don't have an answer for or don't want other people to hear about, they just delete.

SHAMEFUL PTI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Why in the world does this company seem to be turning a blind eye and deaf ear to all of the complaints and bad press they are getting? If you Google them, there is so much out there about their problems. Is this some weird social experiment or do they really not care? I just don't get it. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuttyScrapperView Post
Just an update:

Any problem they don't want to deal with, don't have an answer for or don't want other people to hear about, they just delete.

SHAMEFUL PTI
This is what I can't accept. As was mentioned above, I can't reward a company for an attitude like this.

I feel compelled to say also that I honestly don't feel PTIs problems or attitude are "new." My observation, from the first year PTI was in business, was that this has always been their underlying attitude (shared by Nichole too, judging by what she has written on the forum and blog). It's just that incidents have gotten bigger and more numerous as the company got bigger and its customers more numerous.

Early on, I was put off by the petulance and defensiveness, but I felt I could turn the other cheek and keep buying, as it might be something PTI would grow out of. But if anything, it's gotten more entrenched.

So they have 'deleted' my interest and my willingness to shop from them.

Last edited by Carol W; 08-23-2012 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Oh and apparently my problem is solved now because they have closed my 'ticket' on zendesk twice.

Nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm beginning to wonder ("wonder," no grounds for libel) if they're closing all these threads and complaints down on legal advice. Sounds to me like all this getting rid of things in writing is beyond bad customer service. It sounds ("sounds") like concern about grounds customers may have for taking legal action.
Reply With Quote Likes