Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT207 ~ July 17, 2012 ~ THE PROBLEM YOU SEE IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY AND CHALLENGE #207

THE PROBLEM YOU SEE
IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. My turn, my turn. My turn to host a Teapot Tuesday Challenge! Whoo Hoo! Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone pitching in to help me host some challenges! I'm talking about Fran, Marie, Rosalia, Sheri, and Judy! I appreciate your help so much! What great challenges you have posted so far. Thank you all! And now on to the teaparty.....once again, we are dealing with critters and kids! Geeze.....the things us teapotters have to put up with just to have a cookie and a cup of tea!

2. Meet Mackenzie McGraff, a New York Designer Giraffe! She has quite the reputation in the world of runways and fashion. In New York, her spectacular designs created from the world's finest fabrics are to die for and in such demand. She is recognized most for her animal prints, leopard spots, dots, and zebra stripes, Yikes! Her speciality is horizontal stripes! Yikes! Her designs go against what the fashion industry has said all along, never wear a horizontal stripe, no matter your body type! Why, one of her most popular fabrics is an eye catching little horizontal stripe with a little wild thrown in. It's hard to describe so I have just attached a swatch of that fabric here. Yah, she's that good! It's all in the design for a successful line. It's not about the print, for a successful designing stint!

3. Now don't believe the word on the street, what the critics say, that Mackenzie McGraff is self centered, conceited and uppity. Some say she is worse than whatserdoodle in The Devil Wears Prada! She seems to have the reputation of walking around with her nose up in the air! But those close to her know that its really her long neck that causes that! She is a giraffe! Duh!! Just to let you know that she really is not self centered, just this Tuesday, she volunteered to help our her professional party planner buddy, who double booked her schedule, by hosting a birthday party for 42,000 snotty nosed little kiddos that all just wanna have fun! Mackenzie figures, how bad could it be?

4. Rut roh! This thing is taking a tole, she's really losing control. In the back of her mind, she's thinking whip their behind! But she's gotta stay cool, even when pushed in the pool! She can't be The Devil Wears Prada, but that was her knees and not the pinata! The problem you see, is the misbehavoir of three! Things went really wonky, they found out there's no pin the tail on the donkey! Now, look at them laugh when they said, Hey, use the giraffe! And because their's no tail, they stood on a pail, grabbed a branch off that tree and done pinned it to me!! That's it, that's enough, she said in a huff! What should I do? Call in a big crew! Giraffes in big numbers, giraffes everywhere! Lots of giraffes to get these three outa my hair!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Bring giraffes! And lots of them! Bring giraffe with long necks, bring giraffe that are named Tex. Bring giraffe with knobby knees, bring giraffe if you please! Bring giraffe with wet noses, bring giraffe who love roses! Bring giraffe with long lashes, bring giraffe in pink sashes! Bring giraffe with large spots, bring giraffe to deal with these tots! If you bring baby giraffes, you have to come in the back door, these tots are tall!

EPEC ~ (EXTRA POINTS FOR EXTRA COOKIES!)
You get extra points for extra cookies if you bring giraffes that can cheer! Giraffes when cheerleaders are reallly good readers and reading a tale to the tots on the pail, might get their minds off the back side of MacKenzie and put an end to this frenzy!

DESTINATION STATION:
This week our destination is Oregon City, Oregon. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Alex? Alex is the young daughter of a very good freind of fellow Teapotter Roseanne (sumtoy) that is having some pretty serious health issues right now instead of getting ready for her high school graduation! See a picture of Alex attached here.

To get more details as well as the address to mail your card, please visit Post #305 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #207 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT207 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT207 ~ July 17, 2012 ~ THE PROBLEM YOU SEE IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!-028_horizontal_lines_illusion.jpg   MMTPT207 ~ July 17, 2012 ~ THE PROBLEM YOU SEE IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!-alex-teapot.jpg   MMTPT207 ~ July 17, 2012 ~ THE PROBLEM YOU SEE IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!-alex.jpg   MMTPT207 ~ July 17, 2012 ~ THE PROBLEM YOU SEE IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT207 ~ July 17, 2012 ~ THE PROBLEM YOU SEE IS THE MISBEHAVIOR OF THREE!-giraffe-cookies-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-23-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg
AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

Clyndago - 7/21
IrishgreenSue - 7/21
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Get Well Giraffes

Here is mine: MMTPT207, Get Well Giraffes by Pam MacKay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #4  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my card for Alex -- it's already in the mail.

Pain in the Neck

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Here are my Giraffes - marching off to Alex! MMTPT207 Wild Thing by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Hi, Cindy.....let's hope it is cooler in Oregon than it is here.....or I'll be ordering ICED tea! : ) Hope our cards bring Alex some smiles.

A GIRAFFE FOR ALEX
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart MMTPT207

Here is my card for Alex:

A Giraffe for Alex by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart " you got to ...move it , move it...:0) "

Here is Melman coming to bring Alex some cheer and a dance...:0)..." You got to ...move it, move it..." by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Alex:
MMTPT207 Giraffe for Alex by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm sorry the picture is fuzzy! I didn't realize that until after I had already uploaded the card. The card is actually pretty cute IRL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Cindy, thanks for tracking down the school colors. I ended up going in a different direction with the card and didn't use them, but you might want to add them to the main post in case anyone else wants to use them -- I'll bet there will be some giraffe cheerleaders out there.

Here is my card: MMTPT207 More Giraffes than you think by stampingwriter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's mine:I can't believe I had a giraffe stamp! by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Did you see a pink giraffe come this way? You did, you did! Oh hoot and hooray!

Pink Giraffe for Alex
I had a hard time finding this site - but I finally found it! :razz:
PS: Card is going out today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #13  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine....

Double the Fun

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great challenge!! Here's my card: Sending Smiles by DJRants - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers. TFL!!
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
http://www.djs-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my giraffe pair for Alex
MMTPT207 by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart

This is a card that only Alex could love...at least I hope that she does!! Here is my Cheers for Giraffes card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #17  
tmd
Crimping Master

I'm new and trying this challenge out. I already posted my card and have had the warmest welcome. Thank you gals !!! Still trying to learn my way around the site and how things work. I'll be sipping tea with you as much as I can. Thank you !! :o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Tilt Head Giraffe

I just made this for DD's birthday. She loves giraffes, so I am getting so many great ideas from this challenge - thanks so much!

Tilt Head Giraffe Turning 12 by karjor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

here my card thanks hotwheels
get well soon by hotwheels at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine and this time only 1 day late! MMTPT207 For Alex by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

I have a card ready to send out for Alex. Praying God will hold her in His arms and help her to feel better.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Nothing like getting my card in at the last minute. My mom is here visiting from VA so I have been working after she goes to bed so I don't miss a minute of time with her. I only get to see her once a year so all my time is precious.

Here's my card.
Reply With Quote Likes