View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #30
Boss
Watercolor Wizard

Love using tulle strips in place of ribbon when I want to add a delicate, wispy touch to a card. It adds texture and interest, but in a very understated, clean & simple way. I've experimented with colors, but I must say I favor white, off-white and a dirty camel color that I found at JoAnn's on the bolt (I think it was technically called gold, but it is more of a burnished., dull gold.)

Here is a card that I made using a a narrow strip of white tulle tucked in back of a vellum vine. It's very wispy and delicate and didn't require any tying, just poking and glue dots.

CAS138 Dainty Flowers - Thinking of You by Boss - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This one shows a narrow strip of vellum tied around the card and finished with a simple knot (I think I added another short strip of tulle to the knot so I had 4 tails to give it a bit more substance.)

Nature Walk Egg Border - Easter Blessings by Boss - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

As someone else mentioned, the tulle on the roll (5" wide), makes an elegant and showy package tie. It's also pretty tied around a vase of flowers in a big frothy double bow - a quick and easy way to dress up a plain jane vase.

Enjoy your tulle adventure!

PS
Found one of my cards with the dirty camel tulle. Here it is:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...500&ppuser=577

Last edited by Boss; 07-10-2012 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Found another sample card to share
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!