Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several family members graduating & getting married.

Greetings!!!

I'm fairly new to this site and I need some "Divine Intervention"...LOL!!! I need someone with some Divine Ideas to Intervene and help me by making some specific suggestions

I'm from a big family, Im one of 8!!!

I have a niece who just graduated from MIT!!! She's having a Bridal Shower early July and is getting married 12/29/2012.

Another nephew just graduated from high school.

My best friend's son just graduated from high school as well.

I'm on Disability and can't afford much but I'd love to be able to make something for all of these occasions. I love Stampin' Up but I'm just not to creative sometimes.

Thanks,
~Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Gifts...

FOr the bridal shower, why not make the bride some really cute or pretty thank you cards to send after the shower? Perhaps you can pattern them after her colors for the wedding or in her very own style. Maybe talk to the bride to be's mom to get some ideas.

For the wedding, why not make her a really nice scrapbook to plug her pictures in from the photographer? There are some really nice ones on the SU clearance rack right now.

For the High School grads, why not a nominal gift card enclosed in a really nice graduation card you've made personally for each graduate? Or, if they are going to college, perhaps make them a snack pack and use coupons combined with sales to put this together very reasonably in a basket you pick up from a thrift store? Microwave popcorn, a couple cans of their favorite soda, chips or candy bars, jerky...find out what they like and personalize it to their tastes.

The most important thing...have fun while you create!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi and welcome to Splitcoast!!

If you click "gallery" and then click "occasions galleries" you can search for projects by theme, like wedding or graduation. There's so much inspiration here you will be creative, I promise
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

My husband is from a large family, too, so I totally get what you're saying about having a lot of milestones at the same time. This isn't stampy, but for my niece that just graduated, I made her a cookie bouquet using her school colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Several family members graduating & getting married.-gradcookies.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Please send me instructions for making the Bouquet of Gradcookies!!!

Thank you!!!

~Elizabeth L. Uhrig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Elizabeth, I just baked up some cutout sugar cookies (I used the Martha Stewart recipe) and baked them with the sticks inserted. I have lollipop sticks in various lengths (11", 8", and smaller). I already had in mind which I wanted in the back and used the longest sticks there. I found the box at Michaels in the 4th of July section, then bought a styrofoam square at the dollar store. After the cookies were baked, I decorated them with royal icing (basic recipe uses 4 cups of sifted powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp Meringue Powder, and 5-6 Tbsp warm water, mixed on low speed for 7 minutes). I also bought some shiny tissue paper stuff (basically looks like tissue paper but it's slippery, shiny material). I cut them into large squares, then when my cookies were dry, wrapped the square around the bottom of the stick, then inserted it into the styrofoam square in the box.

Word of advice, make sure your cookies aren't leaning forward. They could fall off their sticks (ask me how I know... haha!).

Here's a website where you can learn about royal icing if you've never tried it before.

You could also make a bouquet with candy bars (tape the sticks to the back) or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes