View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #2994
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkin One View Post
I will be happy to weigh in for ya! I have always loved my Prismas. Always. Still do. I have the full set of Faber's Polychromos but prefer my prismas. I know Dini likes the polychromos but I may not be used to them yet. They are certainly a harder lead and to me, need a heavier hand. I have used Prismas since HS and in college..( that is a cumulative 25 or so years ) I love the smoothness and the creamy quality they have and haven't found it in another pencil. I know a lot of people have had issues with the ones made in Mexico, but I haven't..or it doesn't bother me that bad. Yes, I have had some break..but I also had them break when they were still in the US. I think, really, it is a pencil and certain amount of breakage is to be expected. I haven't really noticed issue with the quality either..and again it may just be that don't pay that much attention to certain things.
I would advise you to get the largest set you can afford and then add to it from open stock. Blicks own pencils line is comperable to Prismas..but that is about the only one I personally have found that I will agree to. I know a lot of people have used and liked the Crazy art brand but to me they aren't professional quality ( light fast..archival etc) and that is what I must have for any comission work. I just stick to my good pencils and go from there. ..( that is not to say that if you use those and love them that your work is inferior to mine at all..it is just a personal preference of mine.)
Oh and this is the Prisma thread..we never tire of talking about them ! LOL..ask anything and someone will be happy to help!
Yep, I second what Jessica said!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!