View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #2983
dini
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

OHmygoodness, we NEVER get tired of talking about pencils!

I sooooooooo agree with Jessica about the Cra-Z-Art pencils.... I actually bought a set just out of curiosity and the kids don't even like them! LOL.. They are a scholastic grade pencil, and the wood is very poor quality. Nice color range, and they're inexpensive as a starter set... but definitely not artist quality.

I think what I like about the harder lead of the Polys is that they allow you to layer lots of colors with a lighter hand. I DO miss my Prismas though... we are going to have a happy reunion in 5 more weeks!! It always strikes me funny that I am on a marker DT when I prefer pencils and watercoloring... but whatever. I have never had blending issues with the Mexico pencils - the only problem I've had was a pencil with a loose lead (the whole lead pulled out). While you're waiting for them, find yourself an electric or battery-operated pencil sharpener, because Prismacolors do not come sharpened, and you will strain all your coloring muscles if you have to sharpen them all by hand.

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!