View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #2974
Inkin One
Crimping Master

OK Louise I went and had a gander at you blog this morning! You are quite talented.

I didn't notice that you were heavy handed with the pencils at all. I think you are limiting yourself in color range because you think you are heavy handed. Does that make sense? I seems to me that on smooth paper..you *think* you are heavy handed so you aren't using as many colors to get more depth and texture..like with hair..clothing..etc. My advice is to start LIGHT..just "tickle" the paper..add at least two colors then blend with your gamsol or what ever you use. Then continue to add and blend. I also noticed that you don't seem to put the shadow around your images on smooth paper..I think if you start doing that..either in a non-photo blue or yellow ( what ever the image calls for) Maybe that is one of the differences you are seeing too?? You don't have that "pop" on the smooth paper.

Either way I certainly think you have blending down pat.on either paper. Just start light and blend and gradually go darker..you will get more depth in your coloring which is what I think you are lacking. It is hard to go from different textures and weights of paper..I know. I have tried probably every paper out there at one point or another..LOL I do think you would do very well with smoother paper..and achieve more texture with the pencils instead of the paper..
Hope some of this helps! Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything else..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!