View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #37
jeanne3579
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
I use sponges to do what Tim does with a blending tool. I start on the craft mat and in a circlular motion add my ink colour to the cardstock. I use the stampin up sponge, cut into wedges, and each wedge gives me five sides to work with. I won't have the patience to match single applicator to an ink colour, or colour group for that matter. I have a container of stained, but washed, sponge wedges on the desk beside me ready to go.

The fifth photo in this blog post shows the results I get from blending with sponges. To my eye it looks the same as what you can get with blending tool. I've ordered an blending tool to see if there is a difference, but I think I'll still be using my sponges the most. Time will tell.
I'm with you. While I have the blending tool, I most often grab for my sponges (except when doing the polished stone technique) because I feel I have better control. I just don't have the knack yet for the blending tool for that. Must say that recently I used my stipple brush and loved the soft, all-over color that resulted when covering the entire panel for a resist. Love options!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!