View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #473
Forum Fanatic

Congratulation, Grandma Ina!

I got back from Nebraska last night. The week went by too fast, but I was ready for my bed. DD is doing great. You wouldn't know she just had surgery. I'm sure having no one to take care of for four days helped a lot. She was able to get lots of sleep. We had lots of fun. I walked with the oldest DGD at her school's walk-a-thon on Friday. Took the girls to the children's zoo on Saturday. I really tried talking DD into staying home so I could have the girls to myself, but she can't stay away from animals any more than her girls. Good thing it's a small zoo. I did get to go to Hobby Lobby one day. Most of the papers were on sale so I bought some Christmas papers. I'm glad I had the 2-year-old with me or I would have spent every penny I had in there. I also had to remind myself I only had one suitcase with me so everything had to fit with my clothes. I really miss having Hobby Lobby close. When I lived in Nebraska I lived only 5 blocks from that store. That was before I got hooked on stamping. Now the nearest one is 250 miles from me. That's probably not a bad thing for me. Now I need to get creating once I get back into a routine. I'm wishing I took today off from work but I only work hours. I have a coupld sympathy cards to send out.... again. The day I left town my SIL's mother passed away and my son's boss's daughter, who was also my classmate, lost her struggle with cancer. They lost a son last year due to many years of major health problems. I feel so sorry for the family. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be making lots more sympathy cards, except to build up my stash.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!