Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #488
lynnephelps
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Luck View Post
Unfortunately I mostly have Ciao markers, which will make using the Copic system a little tougher (although I've seen ways to adapt them here on the forums) which is one reason I was curious if anyone had tried using just the ink. But Harbor Freight had the 1/8 horsepower, 58 PSI compressor on sale a couple of days ago, and my compulsive shopper took over!

I also bought Harbor Freight's Quick Change Airbrush Kit (for using with other inks), which comes with an air hose -- is there an advantage to the braided airbrush line? Since I already have an air grip, am I correct in assuming that all I need now is the air can adapter (provided the hose fits)?

Thank you to everyone for your helpful advice! I feel like I've been crafting in a bubble before now -- it is wonderful to have found someplace to connect with and learn from other crafters.
The small Harbor Freight compressor has a coiled line that is always pulling back. The braided airline is much nicer and lets me sit much farther away from the compressor without fighting the airline. If your kit comes with a straight line instead of a coiled line then you probably don't need it.

It is worth making an adapter sleeve for your Ciao markers to fit the Copic tool. I saw one that slipped over the marker itsel with foam tape on two sides to change the round shape to an oval; that way the tool could still be used with Sketch or Ciao markers.

The benefit can be summed up in two words: NO CLEANUP!!! Just switch to the next marker and go!

HTH!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!