View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
mandypandy
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh54 View Post
I really like my demo. She is very warm and friendly and allows us to each take turns being the hostess at the monthly stamp club so we can earn stamps. She has two cards made up with all the ingredients set out at each person's place, already cut to size. While her style is not mine, I do like to do something different so that's fun! Whoever is hostess brings the snack, drinks and paper goods so we get to enjoy a little food while creating.
But... I just got my 3 su stamp sets that I ordered last month at the card club and I really, really like the stamps but it is such a heavy price to pay! My demo only charges $15 for the club but that can go towards our monthly purchase (super sweet of her I think!) What I take issue with is the shipping and handling charges and the fact that those are taxed!! I had a $53 order that turned into a $63 just from shipping, handling and taxes. I can order online from many, companies and get free shipping with a $50 order, now will those items be packaged as well as SU? No-I have to give SU big praise here because the packaging is just as lovely as the stamps but I don't need the extra packaging. Because of the extra costs with SU I am unable to attend the club on a monthly basis.
I realize the price of things is not the fault or responsibility of my SU demo, just stating my reality
If your shipping is taxed it is due to whatever state you live in. It has nothing to do with Stampin' Up! I live in VA and the state mandates that taxes have to be paid on the order total + shipping. Some states do tax shipping, others don't. I'm sure if demos and SU had a choice they would much rather have customers spend that bit of extra money on more stamping stuff!

As for the shipping, I think it's fair...$6.95 up to a $69.95 order and then it's 10%.

As for the original posters, I say you really don't have anything to lose by going and checking out the demos class once. Worst case, it's just not for you. Best- you have a awesome time, meet fun people and have a great night out.

My Blog: Did You Stamp Today? | Fab Friday Challenge Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!