View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
Phantom
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, all the same!

I remember the first time I sponged on a card, I had a very stippled effect and loved it. But I've started doing so much blended sponging that I forget to go back to it. I've been using the Inkssentials blending tool almost exclusively lately and do have quite a few of the pads.... but not exact color matches to inks because I'll use them with my Distress Inks and my A Muse Studio inks. I choose one that's close, and usually if there's any ink on it, I can use a piece of scrap to pretty much clean it off and sometimes I'll wash them out. I check the used sponges on scrap just to make sure I'm not going to contaminate my color.

Here's something you might like to try if you really like the blended look:

By the Seashore_as_nlb by Phantom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

After sponging the background for the landscape (with A Muse inks), I used a couple of dry paintbrushes, picking up ink directly from the pad, to add details to the grass and sand detail. It's pretty subtle in the photo but creates a nice layered effect.

The only thing I don't care for with the blending tool is that the Velcro piece that's attached to the wood handle always comes off. I have three handles -- one just the block with the handle part actually missing! -- and always have to reattach that Velcro piece so the sponges can stick :^/ .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!