View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Jill with a G
Die Cut Diva

It depends on your desired effect. Do you want to distress the edges of panels with sponged color? Or do you want to sponge in color in a stamped image? Do you want to get your fingers stained with ink, or do you want to use the blending tool and avoid this?
I have used both. I have some teeny sponges on wood dowels I use to sponge in colors of stamped images. I have even used a Q-tip to sponge in colors of stamped images. My favorite method though of sponging colors is around edges of panels of various card stock panels or on the entire surface of a card. I loved the distressed edge look of sponging around the edges. For that I use the TH blending tool. When I first starting stamping, I cut up a large very porous sea sponge into small pieces, and I keep the sponge colors in zip lock baggies. If I need a sky blue color, I use that pale blue sponge. If I need a lake blue green color, then I use that color sponge. I did buy a few packages of the different sized sponge dobbers and I keep those in zip locks by color. I love TH style altered art, cards, and tags, so I follow his tutorials for sponging color onto paper.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!