Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Cutting Systems?

Hi all- i am looking for a good cutting system for scrapbooking...
I used to have the CM cutting system (got back into scrapbooking again and i think i might have sold it when i pared down my supplies) I might buy another- but i wanted to see if there are any other good cutting systems out there that i may not be aware of?

I have a big shot- and i do use it sometimes for embellishments and stuff..but i am looking for circles, ovals, etc..for my pics..i was looking back through my pages and noticed everything is very linear..

Thanks!
Sara
nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light. Luke 8:17
~Sara~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a CraftRobo and usually use that to cut any specific shapes for which I don't have Spellbinder dies for. Spellbinders come in a lot of different shapes that you can use with your big shot. An electronic die cutter would give you a lot more flexibility. Of course, its quite a bit more expensive, but cheaper in the long run since you're not buying dies for it. A pretty good shape cutter that I use once in a while is the EZ Cutter. You can get various templates for it and the starter kit is really inexpensive and the templates are pretty cheap too. It does work on a self-healing mat, but I found that it cuts better on glass. Here's a link to an ebay store that sells them: Template Packs, Cutting Systems Tools items in The Short Cut store on eBay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you already have a BigShot, I would say look into framelits by Sizzix and SU and nestabilities by Spellbinders. They will work in your BS and come in a ton of different shapes and sizes. Both framelits and nestabilities give you multiple sizes of the same shape so you can easily make your own mats w/o having to measure or think. Plus, since they are open in the middle, there is no guess work about lining them up over photos or worrying about a cutter blade moving the photo or paper on you mid-cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I agree since you have the BS I would look into Nesties. If you are wanting a shape cutting system I would try to find another CM. I am even on the lookout for one. I heard hands down it's the best over all the other ones that have ever been on the market. I love my Coluzzle. It's no longer made.

Some love Fiskars cutting system. There is a huge learning curve. I liked mine but I use my Coluzzle more. I gave away my Fiskars system.

Reply With Quote Likes