Thread: Cricut FAQ
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #2513
Sandyttfn
Cardstock Collector

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're not having the success your friend is. I have discovered paper quality matters. Some papers (like the Michael's inexpensive Soloid Recollections packs) just don't cut as well as others. If a paper is too soft, thin, or has too much cotton in it, I do nothing but struggle. With good quality papers, I rarely have an issue with.

Having her walk you through is a terrific idea. If you discover some of your issues are machine related, don't worry that it's out of warranty. Call the Cricut support line, talk to them about your issues, they may have a fix for you. Or better yet, help you with your defective machine. Both my mom and I have machines. She was having issues cutting that I wasn't I kept telling her she didn't need to cut everyting 2Xs to cut through, but her machine needed it. Finally after 2 years of this, she called Cricut. They tried several fixes with her over the phone. Finally they determined it was a bad blade housing and sent her a new one, for free.

On the matt front. If you have some of the newer matts and they're not sticking. Call Cricut. They were having issues with the first generation of these. Mom called to ask (we could only get the lightest weight of papers to hold). what was the issue, and they sent her replacements.

In short, don't give up yet. I'm sure your friend has all sorts of easy tips and tricks that will help you out. Hit the web (youTube, Above Ruby's etc). Before you send your machine packing.

Good Cutting!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!