View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #38
gabalot
Stazon Splitcoast

Exclamation MAGIC MASKING ALTERNATIVE

Here's what I did ... I only had a roll of super old, super sticky, gooey masking tape in my misc. "tool stuff" bin. Drats, but now it's in the garbage! I did have a partial roll of painter's tape that I purchased for masking and thought I'd give it a go. I used Ranger distress ink on regular cardstock and it worked! There was no ripping because painter's tape is removable masking tape! Yeah! BTW, the ink didn't stay "wet" like it does on glossy paper.

So ... why is my card not in my gallery? Here's the story:

Made card, very excited to share my discovery. On way with card to computer to upload, I stopped in the kitchen. Set the card on the kitchen counter while I put dinner in microwave. My cousin arrives. I go in the b.r. Micro timer goes off. Cousin takes my dinner out of the micro and sets it on the counter. YES! Unknowingly, she sets it on top of my card. Dinner was "steamed" and the plate had condensation on the bottom ... a lot ... to the point of some dripping. Consequently card got wet and smudged and ugly. Cousin felt really bad. I told her it was okay. (She was trying to help me so what else could I say?!?) Needed to work on my TPT card for Charles so I haven't made another one as yet. When I do, I'll upload it and link it to this thread. End of story.

Okay then. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

HAPPY papercrafting! Gabby
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!