Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question.....Has anyone ever used

Creative Memories Memory Manager?

What do you think of it.? I like CM but I would really only be using the program to organize my photos and possibly use it for storybooks. So please tell your thoughts on this.

Thank you
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had it and only used it a few times. Sorry I am of no help. I have a mac and I just find that iPhoto and Shutterfly work well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Try Picasa (by Google). It is free and does a good job organizing photos. Note: please read their privacy policy and adjust your privacy settings if this is an issue for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Thanks all who answered. I tried Picasa and it was great for a while but when I changed computers it went all funny and disorganized so that is why I thought I would try an actual program.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey'sgirlView Post
Creative Memories Memory Manager?

What do you think of it.? I like CM but I would really only be using the program to organize my photos and possibly use it for storybooks. So please tell your thoughts on this.

Thank you
Hi there:

I have used Memory Manager since it came out in 2004 or 2005. I love it, and use it religiously. My husband uses it even more extensively than I do - he uses all of the photo editing features (altering light, shadows, cropping, etc), and I have used the clone tool to do some editing (eg. hiding acne, blemishes, etc). It is a great tool at a very reasonable price, and I love the organizational abilities - you can put your pictures simultaneously into multiple folders for sorting. As an example, say you have a picture of you son and daughter with the dog on the boardwalk at Navy Pier in Chicago. You could simultaneously store that one picture in folders marked:

Son
Daughter
Dogs
Trip to Chicago
Navy Pier
Family Vacations

It isn't actually storing multiple copies of one picture, it is just applying multiple tags so that when you pull up a folder, if it is tagged for that folder you will see it there.
As I said, Memory Manager is a great tool, at a very reasonable price. It will do most of the photo editing that many people would require, and is very easy to learn to use. I think it retails somewhere around $40 or $50. Photoshop or other software will offer many more options and editing abilities, however, they are MUCH more expensive. So, if you are looking for a basic organization and editing software for not a whole lot of money, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

However, you have to realize that Memory Manager is the tool for editing and sorting your pictures. If you want to make digital storybooks, you have to purchase a different piece of software. Creative Memories version is called Storybook Creator. I know there are a lot of other ones out there as well. Since I have only used Storybook Creator, I cannot speak to those others. I enjoyed using Storybook Creator, and made several albums. I don't use it anymore, but only because after the first few times of making albums, I realized that I didn't really enjoy making digital albums, it just wasn't for me - I prefer the traditional style.
Again, a good piece of software at a very reasonable price. There are others out there, some of which may be free, and others significantly more expensive.

Hope this helps in your search.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used Memory Manager for quite a few years and really loved it. I loved how simple it is to use for both editing and organizing. The learning curve is easy which was good for me since I'm not a real techie person. You may notice all this is in the past tense. We just got a new Mac, so I now have Photoshop Elements. A LOT steeper learning curve on that one, and frankly, unless you want to do a lot of real fancy editing, Memory Mgr. can do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

If you are still interested in this program I have one that I have only used a few times, I didn't care for it, it felt like it was too much to use, I just upload mine to where I get them printed. Then I don't have to worry about where they are on my computer.

If you want this program email me at [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Thank you Elizabeth, Minstrel and Two Chicks

I do not like to put out money for something and then not have it work for me, I am sure there are a lot of people like that.

Thanks for reminding of Storybook Elizabeth, Of course you would have to get another program Ha! I just wanted something to organize my photos. As stated Picasa let me down and I am not really willing to go back and learn again just to have possibly go crazy again.

I do like CM's tools and such so I thought this program might be a good choice.

Thanks again

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes