Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Challenge Thread - No Chatting Please

Title: The Spring Poem
Hostess: Peggy, pegmac71
Keyword: MARCH12VSNI
Day/Date: Saturday, March 10th
Time: 4:00pm EST

"Spring has sprung!", said the bumble bee.
"How do you know?", said the old oak tree.
"I just saw a daffodil blooming on a windy hill!"

My challenge is....use one or more items from the poem to make a card or project. Keep in mind that you do not have to take the poem "literally". Think outside the box....there are so many possibilities! Most of all have fun!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday March 12th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MARCH10VSNI , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PM_MarchVSNI.jpg (42.0 KB, 21 views)

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Title: Crafty Bookworms - kids' challenge
Hostess: Scrapacat (Ky)
Keyword: MAR12VSNKIDS
Time: 12:00 (noon) PM EST

This challenge is specifically for kids, but parents are welcome to assist them.

March is National Reading month, so I thought it would be fun to have the kids make a bookmark, to keep or to give. I remember when I was younger, all we had were basic shapes. We had to use our imagination to come up with critters using hearts, circles, squares, etc.

The challenge is to make a bookmark using either punches to create an animal or flower shape, or paper piece a stamped image. Have fun with this!

Any questions? Feel free to ask! {and yes, that penguin is just for LYDIA! Squee!}

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for letting your kids to play my VSN challenge.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR12VSNKIDS, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg penguin_pieces.jpg (93.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg penguin_bookmark.jpg (49.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg kiss_a_frog_bookmark.jpg (101.3 KB, 11 views)
I Blog at The BunnyNest
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Title: Here comes the sun!
Hostess: superjen (Jen Treadway)
Keyword: MAR12VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, March 9th
Time: 5:00pm EST

One of my favorite things about spring is that the days are beginning to get longer and we are able to become reacquainted with our friend the sun. It's why daffodils are my favorite flowers - their sunny color is so warm and optimistic and especially welcome in early spring.

And don't forget that this weekend is the beginning of Daylight Savings Time - another reason to say "Here comes the sun!"

My challenge is for you to make a card or project using SUNNY COLORS! Do it with ink, markers, cardstock, DP or embellishment, just bring on the sun!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR12VSNA, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNA_Kite.jpg (55.5 KB, 31 views)
Mad Swapper

Title: Love Is In Bloom
Hostess: Michelle (Mit240z)
Keyword: MAR12VSNB
Time: 6pm EST

It's that time of year again! The sun is getting warmer and the days are slowly getting longer. The bees are buzzing and the birds are chirping. Spring is in the air and love is in bloom!

My challenge to you is to use a heart or the word love on your card or project.

Remember that you can't combine VSN challenges!

UPLOADING/CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY, MARCH 12th

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNB , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this thread to be sure your card is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Special Friend.jpg (40.5 KB, 27 views)
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Title: Spring Cleaning
Hostess: Andrea, blondpolock14
Keyword: MAR12VSNC
Time: 7:00pm EST

My challenge is to go find something from the depths of your crafting supplies that you haven't seen or used in at least 6 months! It could be some hideous patterned paper, a set of nesties that's been neglected, some embellishments that got lost, a stamp set that you haven't used yet, or maybe a technique that you haven't used in a long time! I know we ALL can do this challenge(many, many times)!!!

I know it's a pretty broad challenge, but let us know in your description what you found to use for this challenge while cleaning! Plus, this is a good time to get started on that tedious task that most of us seem to dislike..."SPRING CLEANING!"

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY, MARCH 12th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR12VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2756.jpg (60.7 KB, 31 views)

Crimping Master

Title: SPRING IS IN THE AIR
Hostess: Brenda (Stamp It Up)
Keyword: MAR12VSND
Day/Date: Friday, MARCH 9th
Time: 8:00pm EST

Kite Flying
So my challenge is to create card or project that using something that you would find in the sky. This can be anything from birds, butterflies, kites, clouds or fairies.

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!!!

LET YOUR IMAGINATION FLY!

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSND, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Remember not to combine VSN challenges.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this thread to be sure your card is seen.
Brenda
My Blog
Crimping Master

Title: Rain, Rain Go Away
Hostess: Lisa (helmts1981)
Keyword: MAR12VSNE
Day/Date: Friday, MARCH 9th
Time: 9:00pm EST

In sunny California we are actually wishing for some rain but I know some places really want it to go away! Gloomy, rainy days are the inspiration for this challenge.

My challenge is for you to make a sympathy card. This can be a get well, sorry for your loss, loss of a pet, etc., type of card!

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNE, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN-3.9.12.jpg (18.9 KB, 32 views)
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Spring is for the Chicks!
Hostess: Plain Jane (Jane)
Keyword: MAR12VSNF
Time: 1:00 PM EST

Spring always makes me think of buds and flowers, new leaves, and fuzzy baby chicks! In my family, we also have a bunch of spring birthday chicks (the girly kind, LOL), so I wanted to honor all the spring �peeps,� young and old!!!

Here�s my challenge for you:

Build a card for your favorite spring birthday girl! Use pastels, floral patterns, lace, flowers, bling...all the pretty, girly things you want...in fact, the more fussy and frilly it is, THE BETTER! Pull out all the stops and celebrate the chicks in style!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, March 12th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword...MAR12VSNF...when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure it�s seen.

New to VSN? Learn more here...VSN Guidelines and Tips by jpmayo at Splitcoaststampers and here...What I Have Learned from VSN by Crafty Math Chick at Splitcoaststampers...and you can ask for help here...New to VSN? Ask anything here! by jpmayo at Splitcoaststampers

Need help uploading a card or posting a link to this thread? Just ask!

HERE'S MINE:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PJ_SprVSN12_GirlyBday.jpg (87.8 KB, 12 views)
Forum Fanatic

Title: Catch 'Mnemonia'!
Hostess: Crafty Math Chick
Keyword: MAR12VSNG
Time: 2:00 PM EST

When you were students, some of you may have used a mnemonic device to help you remember something, one of those little tricks where you take the first letter of each word and replace it another word that begins with the same letter to help you remember? A common one from your childhood was the one for the Order of Operations in Mathematics 'PEMDAS' -Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally to help you remember to solve operations in the following order Parentheses Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction. Well, I have been going to school for a loooong time and had to come up with several of these over the years, so when I read that the theme for VSN was going to be 'spring' my mind automatically thought "S.P.R.I.N.G." and tried to think of catchy words to substitute for the letters.

My challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to come up with your own crafty ingredients to substitute in for the letters in the word "SPRING". Something that begins with the letter S, something that begins with the letter P, etc. EXCEPT - no repeats! For example, let's say you add a green ribbon to your project - it can either represent your "G" for the color green OR "R" for ribbon, but not both. Get it? Your card does not need to be a spring card - it can be for any holiday, occasion or season, as long as all of the letters in the word spring are represented. Please tell us in your description what your 'SPRING' is when you upload your photo to the gallery!

Don't be intimidated - I look forward to seeing how creative everyone gets with this! Here are some suggestions to get you started if you are really stuck:

S - Shimmerz, squares, sunflowers, sentiment, Stickles, snowflakes
P - pink, pastles, patterned paper, pearls, paper piecing
R - red, ribbon, rhinestones, rabbit, roses
I - ink, ivy, icycles, ice cream, insect
N - navy, Nestabilities, nesting punches, numbers
G - glitter, green, gingham, girl

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR12VSNG, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!! Thanks for playing in my first VSN challenge.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I thought it would be fun to keep a tally of all the different SPRING elements everyone used in their cards for this challenge, so I will be updating this as the cards roll in:

S - sentiment
P - puppy
R - ribbon
I - ink
N - navy
G - Glossy Accents
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAR12VSNG.jpg (78.9 KB, 8 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Title: Sprung Springs, Sprockets & Gears!
Hostess: JBgreendawn
Keyword: MAR12VSNH
Day/Date: Saturday March 10
Time: 3PM EST.

When I read the words, Spring has Sprung I instantly thought of watch parts springing OUT of the compartment when then lead to thoughts of Steampunk...

Yep, you guessed it This challenge is to create something a card, a tag ( what ever you like) using an Steampunk theme.

If your not familiar with this, in a nutshell its fictional genre of science fiction set in the victorian era. so, you may see characters with victorian clothing and or googles and spats on the legs with buttons. for "things" you may see air ships ( hot air balloons ) or any item with the gears and sprockets exposed. SO, lets see your gears. this can be real metal ( ie watch parts ) embossed cardstock, die cuts. you could wind wire into a spiral spring shape and tuck a message into it.

This link will take you to the splitcoastgallery of uploads tagged as Steampunk for further inspiration.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY,

2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.This does not include thinking time, just assembly.

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNH, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

My Sample uses an Sweetpea image She's colored with copic's in a not so normal way and there are tiny watch parts on the sentiment tag. Middle card was done for a Birthday for one of the guys at work and the last one is a non-hearts and flowers valentine... (both of these cards I "thought" could be done in less then 45 since there was no coloring, but it was closer to 50 minutes)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aheadbirthday JBgreendawn.jpg (67.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg aheadcrop JBgreendawn.jpg (22.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Clockturnedsteam JBgreendawn.jpg (58.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Clockturnedsteamcrop JBgreendawn.jpg (48.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg stilltimesteamed JBgreendawn.jpg (83.4 KB, 18 views)

My Blog
Watercolor Wizard

Title: At the Hop!
Hostess: muzbysmom (Lynn)
Keyword: MAR12VSNJ
Day/Date: Saturday, March 10
Time: 5 pm EST

When I read the words, Spring has Sprung, I thought of rebirth and the awakening of all of the little critters that hide or hibernate in the winter! For this challenge create a critter that hops, be it a bunny, grasshopper, OR whatever!

I chose to use a Sizzix Punch for my first card. I chose punch art for my second example. Stamp in image if you'd like. Do whatever you can do but get hopping at that card!

YOU CAN VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY,

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNJ, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (19.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (21.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by jpmayo; 03-10-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Gallery Gazer

Arrow Master Challenge Thread - No Chatting Please

Title: Roll on Over!
Hostess: Michele (SCS:delfinaus)
Keyword: MAR12VSNK
Day/Date: Saturday, MARCH 10th
Time: 06:00 pm EST

When I saw the Spring has Sprung Theme for VSN, I immediately thought of flowers. Then I thought of ribbons, dies and how fun it would be to make rolled flowers.

My challenge is a Technique Challenge.... include rolled flowers on your card or altered project. Either take some ribbon and twist it down, or use dies, or just cut out your own!

Here are some Tutorials:
- Rolled Flowers on SCS -
- Rolled MFT Flowers-
- Rolled Ribbon with glubers-

- VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNK, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Instead of a card, I made a cute pillowbox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MARCHVSN.jpg (47.0 KB, 12 views)

"The reason for time is so that things don't happen all at once." - Einstein
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Title: SPRING FEVER
Hostess: Jimmi (jpmayo)
Keyword: MAR12VSNL
Time: 7:00pm EST

It's already MARCH and they say it's been the 4th warmest Winter on record! That means a lot of us probably have SPRING FEVER, right?

So my challenge to you is to make a GET WELL card
...to cure the Spring Fever, of course

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNL, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7011782.jpg (80.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg get_well_wishes.jpg (80.9 KB, 7 views)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Pearl-ExPert

Title: SPRING Has Sprung
Hostess: meerkat3 (Leslie)
Keyword: MAR12VSNM
Day/Date: Saturday, March 10
Time: 8:00 pm EST

Most people who know me know that my brain works in mysterious (weird) ways. When I read the words "Spring has Sprung", I thought of a spring - that curly, twisted, wire-y thing. That led my brain to "curly", and I decided we need do cards with something curly on them.

For this challenge, I'd like you to create a card (or non-card) with a 3D curly element. It can literally be a spring (like from a ball-point pen), or you can make a spring by wrapping wire around a toothpick, or use korker ribbon, or curling ribbon, or crafter's floss, or I'll even take quilling - anything that curls and is 3D.

Don't have quilling tools? No problem! Cut a piece of paper (not card stock) 1/8" wide and anywhere from 6-12" long (for starters). Then carefully wrap one end of it around the business end of a paper piercer and slowly wind it up. There, you've quilled.

For my card, I embellished my button with some of the miles of craft wire I have. I cut two lengths of the wire and put them through the holes of the button like you would do with ribbon or twine, twisted them to secure, then I curled each end around a toothpick.

My samples are below, plus two more by Cindy (Scrapcollectr57) and Paige (Paige):. Now go play and have some fun!

YOU CAN VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EDT ON MONDAY, March 12th.

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword MAR12VSNM, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAR12VSNM-leslie1.jpg (71.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg MAR12VSNM-leslie1-det.jpg (63.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Cindy - Bunny Happy Spring-sm.jpg (80.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Paige-053.jpg (47.1 KB, 18 views)
My blog:
The Crooked Stamper
Dear spell-checker, "bling" is SO a word. Pffth.
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Title: SPRING SNOWS
Hostess: Lee (LuvLee)
Keyword: MAR12VSNN
Time: 9:00pm EST

Not all of us have crocus, daffodils or tulips blooming yet!!!! In fact, March and April are the snowiest months on average here in Colorado! And on my mountain we get snow every May and sometimes in June!!

So....my challenge is to make a snowy card!!! Yep....you're having fun with all these flower and critter and sunshine challenges and here I am......gonna SNOW on your parade!!!! LOL You can make a snowy card by using a snow scene, using Flower Soft or Stickles or glitter to make snow/ice, use a winter image.....so many possibilities!!!!

Ready? Set? SNOW!!!!

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNN, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MARCH12VSNN.jpg (61.2 KB, 11 views)
Forum Fanatic

Title: SPRING POP UP CARD
Hostess: Linsey (scrapperLinsey)
Keyword: MAR12VSNO
Time: 10:00pm EST

Oh these winter days seem to drag on and on,
Will those patches of white stuff ever be gone?!
I must find a way to escape this cold place,
and find myself warming up as I enter my craft space.

I look to my left, POP!--brilliant colors of prima flowers fill a glass jar,
I look to my right, POP!--rainbows of ribbons house my ribbon armoire!
Rows of colorful inks, stickles, copics arranged with such care,
Stacks of patterned papers...oh my! Spring inspiration is POPPING UP everywhere!

I realize that creativity is the very best way to beat the winter blues and gloom,
as I sit here in my beloved craft room.
Because no matter what time of year, it can be Spring any day,
Simply let your imagination take you away!

My challenge to you is to make a SPRING THEMED POP UP CARD!
Any variation of a pop-up card! The easy, basic version is available below!
Pop Up Card Tutorial HERE

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, MAR12VSNO, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5001181.jpg (35.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg S5001182.jpg (49.3 KB, 14 views)