Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! I can't get my stamps to stay on the acrylic block

I have just bought a stamp set, that is not on the wood from SU. I went to stamp it and it fell off the acrylic block, a number of times when I would turn it over to stamp... what am I doing wrong?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's a link that might help!EZ Mount Cling Foam lost it's stcky . . . . by dmurray407 at Splitcoaststampers

If it's acrylic or photopolymer that's not sticking you can do the same thing for them.

hth
Kathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 785 Likes on 321 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Here's a link that might help!EZ Mount Cling Foam lost it's stcky . . . . by dmurray407 at Splitcoaststampers

If it's acrylic or photopolymer that's not sticking you can do the same thing for them.

hth
Kathy
Yikes!!!:eek: I just read that thread and two of the girls said not to store um's in CD cases!! I just unmounted and stored mine that way because it was recommended in several threads on here.

They said that storing cling mounted stamps in cd cases can cause the cling cushion to etch into the plastic. It can loose it's cling over time.

One girl said she makes cardstock inserts that are U shaped that fit inside the cd cases to protect the cushion and prevent the etching.

I don't understand:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

I dont know either about the cd thing, but I do know that some stamps do not cling to the blocks the notorious ones for me are the ones from stampendous that come with a sticker on them and because of it, I never put the su stickers onto the foam...

so, Im wondering if you stuck the index stickers to the foam? if you could find a small one peel it off and see if it will cling without it?

just a thought,
hth

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
Yikes!!!:eek: I just read that thread and two of the girls said not to store um's in CD cases!! I just unmounted and stored mine that way because it was recommended in several threads on here.

They said that storing cling mounted stamps in cd cases can cause the cling cushion to etch into the plastic. It can loose it's cling over time.

One girl said she makes cardstock inserts that are U shaped that fit inside the cd cases to protect the cushion and prevent the etching.

I don't understand:confused:
Some of mine have been in CD cases for about 8 years now and still cling. It's true that you can see where the EZ-mount has etched into the case, but I've had no problem with stamps clinging to a block. And I'm sure a read a thread very recently where someone had hers in CD cases for a lot longer and also had no problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess it depends. I've had several ez mounted stamps quit clinging after storing them in CD cases. I changed my whole storage system because of that. It was on the ez mount site that they said not to use CD cases to store stamps with ez mount. It only happened to about 15 of my stamps, but I didn't think it was worth it so got rid of all my CD cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

A couple of years ago I was concerned about this same issue. I wrote to a couple of stamp companies whose stamps I owned that were mounted on cling foam. They directed me to the Sunday International company. I sent an e-mail to them on got this response. I now make sure that any cling or clear stamps that come on some sort of protector sheet are stored with the sheet in the CD case.

Sent: Thu 2/11/10 2:23 PM
Thank you for emailing me. You aren't the only one that has been concerned. We have noticed that after time the EZmount will react with the CD cases and will loose its cling. We have made some panels to fit into the CD cases. By storing them on the panel, they wont get ruined. I have copied the link to the CD panels below. As long as the stamps are stored on the panel, then they are safe to store in the CD Cases. Please pass this message along. I don't want people to think it isn't safe to store their stamps in the CD cases, but having them stored on the panel will insure its cling. The best part is these are on sale! A 10-pack of panels is on sale for $2.60 until February 16th. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Thank you and have a great day!
Sunday International Rubber Stamps and more - CD Case Storage
Alicia Lester
Sunday International
Sales Manager
2785 E. Regal Park Dr
Anaheim, CA 92806
Sunday International Rubber Stamps and more
800-401-8644- Toll Free
714-630-2444 Telephone
714-630-2466- Fax
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP: If you applied the sticker to the back of the stamp, sometimes those don't want to stick well. Either make sure when you stick it to the block that you use lots of pressure to make sure all air is out, or you can apply some Dotto or Mono Multi glue to the back of the stamp (and let the Mono Multi dry-and don't use very much) before putting the stamp on the block. HTH
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Stampin' Up stores clear mount stamps in DVD cases, which is a different material than CD cases.

I think the more likely problem is the stickers. They don't have as much cling as the cling mount foam under them. My suggestion is to peel off the sticker and try it that way. I have also had some success trimming the sticker before mounting it on the cling. A little edge of cling remains exposed helping the stamp stick to the clear block. I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

I agree with Qbee that it is probably the stickers. I lightly moisten the sticker before squishing it on the acrylic block and the water tension holds it on fairly securely. I will be thinking long and hard about whether I apply the stickers that come with the stamps next time I get some. I am sure the plain cushion will not have any problems adhering to the acrylic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda71View Post
To the OP: If you applied the sticker to the back of the stamp, sometimes those don't want to stick well. Either make sure when you stick it to the block that you use lots of pressure to make sure all air is out, or you can apply some Dotto or Mono Multi glue to the back of the stamp (and let the Mono Multi dry-and don't use very much) before putting the stamp on the block. HTH
I do this also and it works great (Mono glue). I also keep the rubber piece that comes around the stamps and put them back into their little spots when I'm done. This keeps tiny stamps from getting lost and the rest of the stamps from flopping around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #12  

Received 785 Likes on 321 Posts

Okay, so you are not supposed to store EZ mounts in CD cases. I don't understand, but oh well.

On their website now, they have some sort of paper (?) to put inside the CD case. What the heck is it? Can't I just use laminated cardstock or glossy paper?

CD Case Storage Panels - Package of 10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I had 2 sets of S.U. that didn't want to cling to the block (I put the stickers on so I can see where I'm stamping). I put a thin coat of Aileen's Tack It Over and Over and now everything clings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the information everyone. I have had this problem too and glad to read all the answers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #15  
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Received 660 Likes on 542 Posts

I have also read that you need to clean you clear blocks with the original blue Dawn. It cleans the clear blocks really well....doesn't add any oils,etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Make sure your acrylic block is super clean and grease free, press block on to the stamp and hold for the count of five.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

I keep a strip of double sided tape on my acrylic blocks. Now I know they will stay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #18  
Glitter Queen

With my SU clear mount stamps, I do not apply the sticker to the back of the stamp. It is the sticker that causes the stamp to fall off. Without the sticker, the stamp works well on the acrylic block. If you have the sticker on the back of the stamp, you have to apply a lot of pressure be you turn the block over to make it stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

has anyone ever heard if glueing a clear acylic sheet to thwe inside of the CD case would help or would that have the same effect as the CD. I was going to remount some of my wooden block onto EZ-Mount but now I'm wondering what would I store them in if CD become a problem. I sorta ruled out a binder method just because I feel the poor stamp near the rings might take a beating turning the pages. You Thoughts
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

i heard when they first became popular not to store cling on cd cases but you can store them on laminate so when i eventually get around to organizing my craft room, think that's what i'll be doing.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

I don't mount the stickers onto my SU Stamps and make a habit of stamping my images on my paper mat first to check the position of it, so I don't stamp it upside down. LOL I feel Stampin Up should correct the material of their stickers....many other companies don't have an issue of the picture sticker not clinging to the block! I have complained since the first SU clings came out and no one wants to admit there is a problem. Glad to hear it's not just my issue, now there's hope they'll address it and make a change!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #22  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen McView Post
i heard when they first became popular not to store cling on cd cases but you can store them on laminate so when i eventually get around to organizing my craft room, think that's what i'll be doing.
I think glossy card stock can be used, too. I believe that is the surface that the makers of EZ Mount recommends. They also sell pieces that can be added to CD cases, but I don't know what the pieces are made of, but perhaps someone who has purchased them could weigh in and let us know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #23  
Glitter Queen

Darcel,

Make sure both your stamp and the block are clean. Second, if you put the image label on the stamp, you either need to hold the stamp to the block for a few seconds and/or huff on the block to get it damp and the stamp should stick a bit better.

I've found the cling sticks much better without the image label, so I don't use them anymore.

Irene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Some of My EZ mount on EZ mount storage panels are fine. That's EZ mount i added, not that they came with. Others don't seem to stick even after cleaning them. Mostly the ones i use(d) most. I store EZ mount in Cd cases and so far no problem. jerri Jimenez of Touch of grace blog stores hers in CD cases too and I asked her how they are. She said no problem after many, many years. They did etch, mine did too. After that, I decided to keep my collection in them. I actually don't mind that they etch. Reminds me where they go back when I take a lot out of a tightly packed CD case.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #25  
Compulsive Stamper

i put a dab of repositionable dotto on the sticker side of my SU stamps before I use them - does make my blocks look awful, but the blocks can be washed when they get too icky. works for me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcel HutchisonView Post
I have just bought a stamp set, that is not on the wood from SU. I went to stamp it and it fell off the acrylic block, a number of times when I would turn it over to stamp... what am I doing wrong?
I am having the opposite problem with one of my clear stamps. It sticks to the paper when it is inked and being use. It is quite difficult to remove and then distorts the paper. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Alene's Tack It Over and Over

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O.View Post
I had 2 sets of S.U. that didn't want to cling to the block (I put the stickers on so I can see where I'm stamping). I put a thin coat of Aileen's Tack It Over and Over and now everything clings.
I have done this, too, on some Hero Arts and SU unmounted that had image stickers. It dries clear (so you can still see the image) and it is SUPER sticky! I was actually worried that it might be too sticky, but so far, so good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #28  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaF409View Post
I don't mount the stickers onto my SU Stamps and make a habit of stamping my images on my paper mat first to check the position of it, so I don't stamp it upside down. LOL I feel Stampin Up should correct the material of their stickers....many other companies don't have an issue of the picture sticker not clinging to the block! I have complained since the first SU clings came out and no one wants to admit there is a problem. Glad to hear it's not just my issue, now there's hope they'll address it and make a change!
I, too, think it's a problem with the SU stickers and do not put mine on the clear mount stamps either. I don't see why you would have to use another product to make it stick when it's supposed to stick in the first place and doesn't! When I stamp I use a separate scrap piece of cardstock instead of the paper mat so that the image could be punched, cut out, or used in some other way. This still lets you know where and how it stamps for on your card, but instead of wasting the ink you can use the stamped off image on another project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #29  
Embossing Fanatic

Watch this video for a sticker mounting tip: Best way to Mount Stampin' Up! Clear-Mount Stamps! - YouTube

I like to use my image stickers on SU sets because I am so visual! And when I attach my stickers this way, I have MUCH better luck getting them to stick to the block! And yes, huff on the block, press the stamp to the block for a few seconds-holding them together as you would hold a sandwich. I also 'dry stamp' firmly on paper a few times to be sure the stamp is sticking! And I also use Aleene's Tack It Over and Over for stubborn or little stamps.

My upline, Dawn Olchefske, does not apply her stickers - but she does draw an arrow on the back of the foam so that you know which way is UP on the image! That helps a lot.

Still do love the clear mount style as they save money and space - but I, too, wish the sticker had more cling to it!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in HIM. Romans 15:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

It isn't just you. I too have been complaining since they first came out. I agree SU needs to address it. In fact I'm now trying to decide if I want to go back to the wooden blocks for my next stamp set as it's such a problem. My demo just doesn't want to hear about even if I discuss it with her privately, she makes me think I'm the only one in the world who complains, so I know my complaint never reaches head office. I guess I will send them a message myself. Demo says "just huff on it and it will stick" then she passes it around the table for us all to use ecouraging us to huff on it before using - a good way to spread germs!! It just grosses me out. If it was just me using my own stamp, that's different. I don't have SU acrylic blocks so I'm told if I used SU blocks it's not a problem which I don't believe for a second!!! BUT at our last class one of the stamps just didn't stick - no matter how she cleaned the stamp and the block and how much huffing and puffing she did - but it's not a problem!!! It fell off when I stamped it, giving me a blurred image, I didn't continue with my card, excused myself from the table, and went to wash my hands, looked at her sample cards and took some photos and was ready for the next card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I 100% agree....SU needs to address this! It IS a problem, and while everyone here tries to offer some helpful solutions, the root problem lies with SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the index picture on the back of SU stamps but hate that they no longer cling. I started cutting around the index picture as close as possible to leave cling on the edges. I also cut out any white space to uncover cling foam. On a couple of big stamps I cut out the middle part of the picture (I know you are all cringing). I noticed that the stamps stay flat and cling much better to the acrylic block. All of the cling foam does not have to be exposed for it to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITBREView Post
I am having the opposite problem with one of my clear stamps. It sticks to the paper when it is inked and being use. It is quite difficult to remove and then distorts the paper. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks
this sounds more like a problem with the ink. were you using staz-on by any chance and is it an older pad?
sometimes when the s/on ink starts to dry out it makes your stamps stick to the card stock.

i saw a demo recently on our craft tv channel (create and craft) where the demonstrator inked up her stamp but didn't stamp it straight away (as you should with staz-on). she pressed it to the cardstock and when she lifted it off, it had ripped the cardstock!!!!
a cautionary tale and one reason why i have hardly used my staz-on inkpad!!!!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

Default Stamp sticking to paper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen McView Post
this sounds more like a problem with the ink. were you using staz-on by any chance and is it an older pad?
sometimes when the s/on ink starts to dry out it makes your stamps stick to the card stock.

i saw a demo recently on our craft tv channel (create and craft) where the demonstrator inked up her stamp but didn't stamp it straight away (as you should with staz-on). she pressed it to the cardstock and when she lifted it off, it had ripped the cardstock!!!!
a cautionary tale and one reason why i have hardly used my staz-on inkpad!!!!
Thanks for answering Kathleen. I did try Staz-on, and stamped right away. I
cleaned the stamp and then used Color Box, but it did not do any better. I don't have my receipt, so A.C. Moore isn't too keen on exchanging it. I called EK and they said to send the stamp itself or a picture to them. Hopefully I can get time to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
I dont know either about the cd thing, but I do know that some stamps do not cling to the blocks the notorious ones for me are the ones from stampendous that come with a sticker on them and because of it, I never put the su stickers onto the foam...

so, Im wondering if you stuck the index stickers to the foam? if you could find a small one peel it off and see if it will cling without it?

just a thought,
hth
Just so I have a little piece of mind - you are leaving the extra-large piece of clear plastic on your Stampendous stamps, right? Some people are confused with their unmounted system. It has the picture on the reverse side of the stamp (on the foam) and then there's a large piece of cling plastic that is supposed to stay attached to the stamp.. That stuff is super clingy... I can't imagine someone having problems with it??!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Here's a video where she uses vinyl on her blocks to which Clear Mount stamps cling really well. The vinyl is so inexpensive & readily available, it's worth a try.
Vinyl on your blocks video
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Just in case you didn't realize this, did you remember to take the covering off the back of it so it would stick to the block, I had someone else forget to do this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

LaFonz, You are ingenious to try this on your acrylic block for the cling mount stamps. Awesome. I can't wait to get this as, I, like the others are tired of EZ mount clings falling off. I then tend not to even try to use those particular stamps. Sad, sad, sad. I have loved this thread and have now solutions to the problems I thought were my own. Thanks ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Rebecca Ednie, I think that if storing EZ mount stamps in cd cases worked for Jerri J then it would work fine for me too. These gals use their stamps over a bazillion times and would really know all the stuff about whats best or they would reorganize their collections. So, that is what I am going to do now! Thanks to you and Jerri!
I just reorganized all my Spellbinder dies in king sized cd cases, reorganized all my clear stamps with acrylic backing or sheets if need be in small cd cases as well. Now I know what to do with the EZ Mount cushy stamps....into cd cases they go! I copied pictures on typing paper, put into sheet protectors, put page numbers on them and on the front of the cd cases and voila! I can now find them. I know this is not the subject of this thread but just had to add it cause I am so happy I finally am getting organized and can find stuff!!!!! Happy, Happy, Happy as they say on Ducks Dynasty!!!!

Last edited by dottiejdavis; 07-21-2012 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #40  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by La FonzView Post
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Here's a video where she uses vinyl on her blocks to which Clear Mount stamps cling really well. The vinyl is so inexpensive & readily available, it's worth a try.
Vinyl on your blocks video

Thank you for sharing this video link, La Fonz. I watched the video and was impressed with how well the Clear Mount stamps cling to the vinyl material she applied to her acrylic block. I remembered that I already have an unopened roll of clear vinyl shelf-liner. Although it's not the exact material she used in the video, I thought it probably would work as well. I cut a piece slightly smaller than my block, peeled off the backing and stuck the vinyl to my block. I experimented with my Clear Mount stamps and found that they cling really well to the clear shelf-liner. I believe this is going to be a good solution.

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes