Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best set for little girls to use?

I would like to let my daughter start stamping with me and wondering what sets are versatile and fun for little girls? Those of you who stamp with daughters, what do they really have fun using?

Thanks!
Monica
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything that interests her...my girls love animals, horses, princesses...so we have stamps like those. I also find my girls do better with wood mounted than cling. (Or maybe it is just MOM does better because less ink gets everywhere! LOL)

I just watch the sales at M's and J's and go when they have 40% stamps and pick up a few. I have also found some great SU sets...I get them used on the BST threads. I just recently picked up Groovy for my 10 year old.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

My daughters are four and ten and they like to color the line art images best. We have had fun with Kettos from Stamping Bella, Pure Innocence from MFT, anything from Kim Hughes both CHF and now Paper Smooches, flowers and butterflies from Hero Arts, that big thank you cupcake from Stampin Up, and dollar stamps from Michael's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I'm not sure how old your daughter is, but if she's really young she might enjoy some of the Melissa and Doug stamp sets. I've found them at Michaels, Kohl's, and several other stores. My niece is 4 and I bought a set for her for Christmas. I think the inkpads that came with them had washable ink. I've also found inkpads with washable ink at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, and I've bought her some of the $1 stamps at Michael's. If she's much older than that she might want something more grown-up, but for a preschooler the Melissa and Doug sets are nice.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My daughters have been stamping with me since I started 7 years ago. The girls are 11 and 14 now. The younger one is always making things! When I first started, I was very nervous about letting them use my "good" things, but with guidance, they both learned very quickly how to take care of things, and have been trusted with anything I have for a long time now.

As others have mentioned, line drawn stamps are always the most popular here. Animal images, girls, and hearts are the most popular with my daughters.

Both of my kids are absolutely in love with my Big Shot and always include die cuts in anything they make.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

My nieces who are 10 and 5 had a ball with digi images from Whimsie Doodles that I printed for them:
Whimsie Doodles - Whimsie Doodles digital stamps

I resized them for our projects (we were making Valentines that day) and they sat down to color them, cut them out, adhere them to card fronts, and decorated the cards. This is perfect I think for anyone whose motor skills are still a little shaky.

Wood-mounted stamps, I think, would also be easier to use than clear because of the larger grips. The downside being you can't see exactly where you're stamping. But some simple floral or cutsey designs would work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to add- my friend Nina Brackett crafts with her daughters a lot and posts their creations on her blog, too. They use whatever stamps she has in her stash (clear, rubber, or wood). She may help the younger girls stamp the actual image but everything else her daughters do themselves.

So that may be an idea for you, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Okay So I have a son...he is almost 4 but he started wanting to stamp about a year ago. I started with foam stamps that i got in a fish theme, and just progressed from there. He has his own stamps and ink as I am a bit precious about mine

I just started with the basics and then just let him lead!!

I hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I thought I had posted this yesterday, but I must have made a mistake. Stampin' Up has a few Build a Bear sets -- bears, accessories, sayings -- that are very cute and good for coloring.
Reply With Quote Likes