View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #2888
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomatt17 View Post
We'll I finally finshed reading every singe page that was posted. I did learnt quite a bit. I did buy a set of 132 Prismcolor Preimer pensil. I should get them soon. I haven't quite decided what I'll use to blend. Gamsol, Baby oil or Prima colorless blender or a copic colorless blender. I sometimes travel with some of my crafts like to our daughters to work on cards by her. This is why I thought those prisma or copic colorless would be nice for traveling. I bought a set that has a 2 erasers, one sick looking pensil sharpener, a blending pencil and a pencil extender. What do you all use when your pencils get very short and hard to hold? Do you use pencil extenders? I read some members have used colorless blenders with some success. Has anyone used the copic one and refilled it? Has anyone tried blending with just plain alcohol? When ya smell the copic it has a alcohol smell. Thanks for the great info in this entire 73 thread pages I read. It took me about 4 days to get through them all but it was well more the time. Take Care you all
I thought I was the only one who had gone back and read alll the previous posts

I use pencil extenders for very short pencils. My Sister-in-law taught me how to use Prismas. She's a professional artist who produces large pieces like Inkin One does. SIL taught me to use the colorless blender, so that's what I used for years. The look I get with that is a bit different than what I get with Gamsol. For me, Gamsol blends more seamlessly and is a bit easier on my arthritic hand. However, I feel as though I have more control with the colorless pencil and by rubbing the finished piece with kleenex, it appears smoother and shinier. I switch back and forth between the two.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!