View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #811
luvcardmaking
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Good morning everyone!
I know, it's way early, but my cats woke me up! So now I'm on SCS and Pinterest!

Jeanette, I pinned your cheddar chicken casserole to try, sounds good.
Darlene, I tried to pin your Black Bean Stew recipe, but the link takes me to baked ziti!
Lynn, I'm looking for your Chicken and Rice recipe to pin...adding a note to cut the recipe in half!

I'll be napping later today, I'm sure!
Ugh, I'm sorry! I'll get the hang of this pinning thing yet. I'll find the recipe and retry it. I found it on Allrecipes.com

Basically:
1 pound ground beef (I diced up stewing meat instead), cook ground beef & drain grease. (if using stewing meat, season with garlic powder, onion powder & ground pepper and saute in a little olive oil)

Combine 1 1/2 cup water, 1 taco seasoning packet and 1 small can tomato paste. When meat is browned (or ground beef is drained) add this mixture to the pan, add 1 can of corn. (We love olives so also added sliced olives). Add 15 oz can black beans UNDRAINED (that provides thickening). Simmer a few minutes. (we love the Chaloula hot sauce so I added a bit of that too)

When serving garnish with cheddar cheese & sour cream. We spooned ours onto a salad mixture for a taco salad. Yummy! It was flavorful, healthy, filling and fast!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!