View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #2881
lynnephelps
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomatt17 View Post
Sorry for asking a few dumb questions but I've tried using watercolored pencils and haven't been happy with the results. I used Georgia_Pacific Card stock and used a water brush. The brush end is so dry that when I touch my face with the tip it's just barely even feels damp. The colors all mush together and paper is a bubbled mess. I was very happy to have someone start this thread and Prisma Pencils.
My questions are:
Is Prisma Premier count 132 the colored pensils I've been reading about or is this a different Premier a kind of Prisma colored pencils.
Does OMS or baby oil bubble up the paper after you use the blending stump?
I've looked at links others have showen the cool blending they gotten using this method.
I just don't want to invest in new pencils and find the paper is still a bubbles mess.
Thanks, Maddie
Maddie, the paper is certainly the culprit. Most card stock does not handle water without breaking down. Georgia Pacific is very cheap (love that!) so it has no cotton or rag content at all. Watercolor papers are very high cotton content.

A great compromise that is much more affordable than watercolor paper is Stampin' Up! Whisper White card stock. Unlike most card stock, it is coated with sizing, so it will withstand a certain amount of water without degrading. It would not do for sopping wet watercolor washes, but it performs very well for light water coloring as is typical when using the watercolor pencils.

I know others have responded about the gamsol/OMS/baby oil, but I hope this will help with the original question!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!