View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #65
3 Little Love Bugs
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I am sloooowly getting my Flickr account ready to upload my doll pics. I was going to blog all my work. I realized I am better at Pinterest and Flickr sharing. I am going to be one of those girls who do all the fancy photo shoots of her dolls, lol.

I love to use fabric to make delicate laces for my dolls for their dresses. I also use some of the standard shapes for the dresses like birds for example. I wanted a tiny detail cutter so I could make different shapes for the eyes chips. I have been working with Printable fabric to make custom doll fabrics. My Cricut Imagine is amazing for this. I knew the Cameo would knock the Imagine out of the park for custom made fabrics. I am making simple draft patterns. I have a collection of the Mini Blythe's. I want to make all new wardrobes for them. I almost forgot I am making my own stencils. My DH found tattoo paper the other day. That has given me ideas.

I think it might be the Flickr Silhouette group. When I was looking through the galleries recently at Flicker one lady made beads on her Silhouette. Another lady is making custom made stuffies. There are two paper mache artist who are making jaw dropping figures.

I love my other cutters. Definitely the Silhouette is my art cutter. When my DH broke my Silhouette SD I was so lost without her. I really missed it.

My other cutters I am packing away a lot of them. I am keeping out my Imagine. I have really beautiful cartridges that I love to use on my Imagine. I am actually one of the few people in the world who love that machine, lol.
I'll have to look again at the Flickr group, the beads sound familiar to me. Amazing how creative everyone is! Your dolls sound like they're beautiful and so detailed. Can't wait to see them!

How did your DH break your SD? Does he craft as well? My DH is a drummer and I made him a vinyl band logo for his bass drum and rhinestoned part of the logo...but that's the extent of any "crafting" my husband does, lol. He asks me to make him things and I do it. I get to look like a genius, he gets customized items, and we're both good to go.