View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
iluvpaper2
Pearl-ExPert

I actually have a video with that shows how to use it. I hadn't watched it in years so last night I looked at it again.

One of it's main functions is to overstamp images.
You take a piece of cardstock (she used A2 cardfronts) and place on the Stamp-o-Graph with the hinge open and use removeable tape on two corners to secure the paper. Then close the hinge.

Then she took a detailed image (with shadows stippled - she used Mostly Animals stamps which are very detailed) and stamped on the cardstock with a very light colored ink (she used light pink). She lined up the stamp in the upper left corner and left edge of the hinge (just like a regular positioner.) Then she colored the image with Tombow markers - dark in the stippled areas, medium color then a light color. She did not do any blending and frankly it looked a mess. Then comes the WOW factor. (You can also use the same process for colored pencils but she did not show it.) She inked the image in black and stamped over the coloring. The stamp goes in the exact same place so even if the black is not as dark as you like then you can stamp again. No double images.

Then, after she cleaned her stamp, she used embossing ink and stamped again. Removed the paper and sprinkled clear embossing power (don't sprinkle EP on the SOG of heat emboss it will melt the mylar layer ) and she had a gorgeous embossed image.

She also used it with bold images. She colored the bold image (flowers in a round solid pot) with Tombow markers and stamped. A couple areas weren't completely stamped so she just reinked and stamped again. Then she showed selective coloring the same image because when you color with markers there is sometimes bleeding between the colors. She colored the ones that weren't next to each other stamped then colored the remaining ares and stamped - no bleeding. Excellent image. Oh, then she embossed the whole image in clear.

She also showed stamping on fabric. She used contact paper she cut just under the width of the footpads on the bottom of the SOG. She cut the length that would go around the entire SOG once with about a 3" or 4" overlap. With the sticky side up she wrapped the entire SOG and put the seam on the bottom. When the front loses it stickiness you can then move the contact paper up where it is sticky again. Then she used a piece of muslin and did the same process. (No embossing of course. )

She also sponged an image which looks fantastic! One of my favorite things.
Well, I hope this helps. I'm not the best at explaining things.It is a neat tool. I might just have to get it out today. I haven't used it in years.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!