Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-15-2004, 06:04 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New January 2005 Demos...let's talk starter kits!!!

Okay ladies! I know there are quite a few of us signing up to start demoing in January 2005...I'm working on figuring out which stamp sets to get and I was wondering what everyone else is doing...

For one, I have all the inks (but 3), about 25 stamp sets and tons of paper already so it's not necessary that I stick with the bold brights that come with the kit...I am having trouble deciding which stamp set to get that is floral. I think having a floral set would give me versatility, but I don't really like the one suggested...I'm leaning towards either Spring Garden or In Full Bloom.

I'm also not to keen on the Tags and More stamp set, but again, it has versatility...I just have always skipped over it in the catty.

And of course, I can't decide on what wheel to get!

I'm such a disaster and putting WAY too much thought into this because once I become a demo, it's not like I'm going to stop buying :mrgreen: .

So, I want to hear what you are picking!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 06:59 AM   #2  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

right now I am ordering... (this could change by Jan 1st ;) ) Fresh Fillers, Lovely as a Tree, Little Layers 2, All Year Cheer 2, and In Full Bloom (wheel to match too ). For the free set I am thinking about Sketch it, or maybe Everyday Flexible Phrases seeing as though it is SAB time and someone just might buy it because they would be closer to their free set! I too have all but I think 4 ink pads and tons of the paper so the rest is no biggie for me either.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 07:02 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I'm thinking of becoming a demo, but most of the items in the starter kit I already have! So I'm debating on the substitutes also. I too am not thrilled about tags & more. I like the Hot-to-dot wheel for sure, but for all the rest I haven't decided. So I'd be interested in hearing what others are getting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I am also becoming a in Jan. I am getting In Full Bloom, Fun With Shapes (very versatile) and the Whirly Twirly Wheel (good for Valentines Day, Easter and Mother's Day). I think you might like the Tags and More. I know it doesn't look to appealing in the catty but I think it will be a good set to have for those who are new to stamping. Very cute and simple cards or tags. I am also getting Everyday flexible phrases as my free set and we also get the new 2005 Word Set Free. You just gotta love stampin' up!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I am a demo, and would HIGHLY recommend in full bloom for your flower set, people love that one and it is very versatile because of that border looking stamp as well. And it looks gorgeous with many different techniques, watercoloring, chalks, everything.

and I would get the wheel that matches one of your sets so that people can see how well our things coordinate with each other, that's part of the beauty of stampin up to me.

As far as your any free set. Flex Phrases is awesome, especially now that they put it on the thinner foam so it is much easier to stamp with. Sketch it is cute, and I have seen so many things done with it, but it has been in there for so long I keep thinking that it will get retired.

Have fun choosing, it is a great time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 07:28 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

I am currently a demo and recommend that the sets you choose are those that were recently added to the catty - they have more potential life in demo terms, meaning they probably won't retire soon. One I use a TON is Shapes & Shadows.

Good luck and welcome to the SU! family!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

I've been a demo for 3 years and the one set I still use a lot from my starter kit is Tags and More. I've used the snowman for the last 3 years for snowman soup and you can use the other images all year long.
HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I'm becoming a demo also in Jan. ( I can't wait :lol: ) i had a hard time figuring out what stamp sets I wanted too. Because I want them all! But anyhow this is what I'm getting

Itty bitty backgrounds, In Full Bloom, Tags and More, AYC 1, Sketch a Party, and Whirly Twirly wheel!

Since I have not stamped for a long time I thought these sets would work great for my first workshop. It has a little bit of everything to show!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I have to say I never thought much about Tags & More and I substituted something in the starter kit. But, I went back and got it and LOVE it! And I demo it a lot too. I personally think it is great!

"Would you not like to be sitting on top of the world with
your legs hanging free" -Dave Matthews Band
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 08:29 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I am (was) going to become a demo in 01/05 also. I say "was" because I just found out I'm expecting #3 :shock: . Not planned!! All will be fine I'm sure but there goes all that free time to stamp when #2 started preschool next fall.
Anyway,
Here are my choices for stamps. I already have Tags-n-More and do not use it as much as I thought I would.

Espresso Yourself
Flower Factory ( mini catty)
Fresh Fillers ( I have a inkworx that I LOVE)
Wonderful Words
Greetings galore

Free Set will be a Double Alphabet.

I have and love Spring Garden!!!

Happy Stampin'

Bridget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 08:30 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

i say get what you love so you will use it. i got tags n more in my starter kit.. cause it was sooo "versatile".. and i have used it only a handful of times for personal cards...
i have my faves that get used ALL the time. .and because i love them.. i am more creative with them.. and those are my WOW cards.

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #12  
SOS
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default demo kit

First of all, I want to say I'm jealous of everyone signing up in Jan/Feb since the kit itself has improved so much since I signed on. And you'll get two additional free sets!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did replace Tags and More, and I still don't have it but I agree it's a very versatile stamp set so I'd consider it. I didn't get Fresh Flowers eithers. Right now I'm telling all my girls to consider In Full Bloom. It's the rage and you'll never run out of ideas. However, as stated before, make sure that every stamp set you have doesn't need to be colored in. You need a wide variety of stamps not only in what they are, but how to use them.

All Year Cheer is just incredible and I use them all - all the time, but I is a great one to start with. And most importantly, make sure you get what you like because it's hard to promote anything you're not crazy about!

I'd consider replacing the Perfect Party with Polka Dot Party because they are so similar and Polka Dot has the matching Simply Scrapping Kit as well as a brass template!

Good luck on all your decisions and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/SOS
Making Memories One Stamp At A Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Default starter kit

I just wanted to mention that the video that comes in the starter kit has a lot of ideas in it using the sets that they picked for the kit, so if you have trouble coming up with your own ideas or want a little jump start; you might want to stick with at least some of the sets that they recommend. Not that there aren't just a ton of other places to get ideas and CASE things from. Good luck to you all and welcome to the family!

Allison
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I looked at what I could sell to who would be my customers.

11.95-Mostly Flowers (I have all the fillers)
24.95-Love Without End
24.95-Sketch a Party
19.95-Pocket Fun
29.95-All Year Cheer
Wheel-Heart of Africa (I have In the Wild & On Safari)

I will be stocking up on CS and haven't decided which colors to get yet. If I planned right I should have all of the ink pads by February. I just broke them up to meet my project idea plan.

I am too excited and cannot wait till January!
:lol:
edit: I forgot I want Every day Flexible Phases.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 09:03 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I decided to stick with what they suggested, since I do not have those sets. For my free set, I chose a double alphabet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Would it be crazy to think that the new Sincere Salutations might replace AYCI?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 10:52 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Default New Demo in Jan

I,too, was not impressed by Tags& More. But I got it anyway and it is great. I use it often; Christmas, birthday, bridal showers, weddings. It is so versatile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Spring Garden and In full bloom are two of my favorites, I use them both often, they are very different in technique. Keep that in mind. If you think you will have alot of new stampers, it maybe good to go with spring garden, 2 step stamping, quick and makes beautiful cards. IFb requires more time to watercolor, blender, what ever.
Tags and more-I signed in Aug and didn't get this, have regretted it ever since. Finely ordered it this month, mainly because there isn't a easter set I totally had to have, and I like the rabbit in tags, plus how versital it is, I got the wheel bitty bugs, to go with the dragonfly on tags.
Good Luck,
Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah! Look at all of us! I knew there were quite a few of us signing up! This is awesome!

So, maybe I will keep the Tags & More...I do like the fact that it's versatile and could be good for simple make and take cards.

I'm getting Sketch It and All Year I for Christmas so I will be ordering All Year II.

I also plan on getting the Everyday Flexible Phrases for my free set...it's so expensive that I don't think I would ever buy it on my own.

I will be replacing Perfect Party with the Polka Dot Party (I think it's a really cute "party" set!).

And even though I have been thinking about the starter kit for days upon days...I still don't know about picking a floral set...both the In Full Bloom (with matching wheel!) and Spring Garden are great. Seriously, I will probably which ever one I don't get in the kit soon anyways.

This is fun seeing what everyone else is picking!

I was also trying to figure out what sorts of cards for upcoming workshops since we will be coming up on Valentines Day...I don't have any heart sets!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 11:09 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

someone mentioned that they were substituting something from the mini catalog... do any demos know if that is allowed? if so, i may be changing my selections! i am switching out most everything i can, because of course, i have most of it. :oops:

for flowers, i think i'm going for in full bloom and the matching wheel,, though that seems to change every day!

i can't wait!
Marni - SCS #14788 and SU Demo
My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. Thornton Wilder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmarni
someone mentioned that they were substituting something from the mini catalog... do any demos know if that is allowed? if so, i may be changing my selections!
You can pick anything out of a current catty or mini catty--so if you sign in Jan. you can pick from Winter mini.

Also, don't forget that new recruits who sign up before March receive Sincere Salutations free, too!!! That's a wonderful word set to add to your collection!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hisbride
Would it be crazy to think that the new Sincere Salutations might replace AYCI?
I so hope not. I already have too many retired sets for a new Demo.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 12:25 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I would use caution picking a stamp set from a mini as part of your demo kit.
The winter mini is end of Feb, so you wouldn't be able to demo it after that, unless it happened to be available in 2005-2006 Idea book and catalog.
I would want my $ to go towards stamps I could generate business with as much as possible, thats why I try to limit myself to one mini set, and do lots of swaps to get tons of samples.

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsbrowneyedgirl
I would use caution picking a stamp set from a mini as part of your demo kit. The winter mini is end of Feb, so you wouldn't be able to demo it after that, unless it happened to be available in 2005-2006 Idea book and catalog.
I agree! Unless you are signing up strictly for the discount. Then, go for what you love!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #25  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I agree about the mini catty sets too. I have steered away from them just because I might not be able to demo them after the catty is done :( So the way I look at it I would be wasting my $$$ on a useless stamp set eventually
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 04:45 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I'll be joining the new recruits in January too. Can't wait.

These are the sets I've chosen:

Itty Bitty Backgrounds
All the Best
Mini Mates
Whirly Twirly (wheel)
In Full Bloom
Something to Celebrate
Toile Blossoms (free)

I've been stamping for quite some time and have a room full of supplies. Needless to say I've already got a number of sets but these really caught my eye.

Thanks in advance for all your support. The encouragement and inspiration I've received from SCS is endless.

Heidi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 05:34 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

In Full Bloom rocks!! And you definitely need the Hot to Dot wheel - So versatile!!! You could even exchange one of the sets for a background stamp...those sell well if you demo them!

Just my .02
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Starter Kit Fun!

Hey, I think it's cool that so many of us are joining SU this Jan! We'll be able to help each other out in the demo forum!

Great ideas here about the starter kit. I'm like you guys...I've deliberated forever over what to get. I talked to my demo / upline about it and took inventory of what I already have. Anyway, here's my list:

Itty Bitty Backgrounds--I don't have any of the small backgrounds. For my own projects I like the full-size ones like Filigree and French Script. So I need these little guys to demo.
All Year Cheer I--I don't have any of these yet either. I usually use other companies' UM sentiments...now contraband! So I needed some SU ones.
Tags and More--This isn't my style, but my demo sells a ton of them and recommended it for versatility...plus, I actually attended a party that used it once when I was a beginner and really liked using it then.
Simple Shapes--I used to use Little Shapes a lot, so I think this set will be great for backgrounds, accents, and even for whole cards by itself!
Love Without End--I'm still somewhat torn between this and In Full Bloom...but I need more "cutesy" in my inventory because I haven't been buying it as a customer. So I think I'm going with LWE.
Wheel: Double Line Stitched Plaid. I hope it doesn't retire! I just remember my demo making plaid backgrounds w/a wheel at my very first party long ago and thinking "Wow!" Easy and cute! I also have Hot to Dot, though.
Bonus set: Everyday Flexible Phrases--just b/c it's so expensive otherwise! Plus I love tiny word accents.

I already have some other good ones like Wonderful Words, Watercolor Garden, Mini Mates, and Shapes & Shadows. I am going ahead with their Bold Bright ink pads selections b/c I have the other 3 families already! I'm not really a BB girl...but I'll learn. I love EE normally.

Hey, how many of y'all are getting the Stampin' Memories add-on? I am b/c my upline said it goes over REALLY well here...plus I need an alphabet. Shall we share those selections too?

Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 06:37 PM   #29  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Default Demo kit

KAR has the right mix of stuff. Go ahead and get in full bloom and matching wheel as you will want to point out that the wheels coordinate to your customers. In Full Bloom is very popular and versitile so you will have lots of ideas for samples to make. Lovely as a tree suits for masculine stuff and is also very useful. I got Sketch it for my free set becasue you can use it for lots of seasons. It makes both Christmas and summer stuff and is one of the most expensive sets so I wouldn't normally buy it. The swirl in it makes great scrapbook pages too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2004, 06:52 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkymommy
I am (was) going to become a demo in 01/05 also. I say "was" because I just found out I'm expecting #3 :shock: . Not planned!! All will be fine I'm sure but there goes all that free time to stamp when #2 started preschool next fall.
I started last February. I too was pregnant with my 3rd baby. My 2nd is also going to school next summer. I don't have as much time as I would like. He's 14 months now and can reach things on the end of the table. He's always trying to grab something. I don't know how many times he's grabbed an ink pad and had inky fingers all day.

I bought Spring Garden this year. I haven't used it much but my upline tells me I should get on it because she thinks it will be retired this next catty. I agree that you should try to pick stuff that is new to the catty. You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of retired sets so new to being a demo.
I really like shapes and shadows, ANY of the shape sets, All the Best, All natuaral, and just recently bought Espress Yourself and love it. A background stamp of your choice is great and DEFINITELY would get an alphabet set. I have tags n more and stopped using it for a while. But recently have seen SO many wonderful cards. It's a great, versatile set.

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 05:03 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm joining in Jan. too.
I have changed my list so many times.
I have greetings for all reasons on my list but I noticed not too many others do. I know it has been around for awhile. Should I change it?
Most of my customers will be new stampers and I thought that this set is a very versatile one. Maybe it's too expensive for first time stampers. What do you think.
PS. I love this site, all the advice is wonderful and beneficial.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2004, 05:48 AM   #32  
Crimping Master

I just had my holiday stamp camp last Friday. I had one new stamper that didn't own a thing. That's the set that she bought. It is very versatile. I was thinking that it used to be a hostess set. Does anyone know if it ever was? But yeah, I'm not sure how long it's been out and if it may come up for retirement. But, it is a great set.

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 06:59 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I *think* I have made my final choices for my starter kit...my demo is coming over tomorrow night to help me finalize the paper work...I can't wait!!!

Itty Bitty Backgrounds
In Full Bloom
Polka Dot Party
All Year Cheer II
Happy Hearts (replacing Tags 'n More...tough decision, but needed a heart set and didn't like the Tags 'n More)
Bloomin' wheel, which coordinates with In Full Bloom

And can I just say that I am seriously DROOLING over the Winter mini catty!!! OMG! I'm going to order about 1/2 of the catelog once I get going as a demo!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

I noticed several of you "newbies" posting that you had most of the colors of ink pads. Keep in mind, doubles are extremely useful in workshops, especially Basic Black. I just say that as a customer because I HATE waiting for my turn with an ink pad. I get so excited and impatient to work on the projects. I really like a demo who is prepared with duplicates of ink pads, punches, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 07:33 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

If you are subbing Fresh Flowers with In Full Bloom, I would recommend you make sure you have a two-step stamp set with bold lines somewhere in your inventory. IFB is two step but it's also watercolor technique whereas FF is just "stamp and go" if you know what I mean.

That said, I went with FF and although I used it a lot at the beginning I don't use it much now. I've told my potential recruits for SAB (3 and counting!) that I think Bold Basics is the perfect substitute for FF and though I LOVE IFB I think BB is better all around for lots of demo opportunities.

Bold Basics is:
**more versitle than both FF and IFB since it has flowers as well as swirls, a star and a heart
**it has a square stamp included for demoing shadow stamping
**the samples and workshops for new demos on the website that use FF
can be easily reproduced with BB
**it has a coordinating Classy Brass template which just adds to the versitility

With the "free stamp set" offer you could still get IFB too or earn it with Stampin' Start.

I would also agree with the person who switched the default party set with Polka Dot Party. I have the starter kit one and I hate it so much I can't even remember the name! I've used it twice, I never demo it. PDP has a Simply Scrappin' kit that coordinates. The coordination between stamp sets and accessories is such a great selling point for SU that I think the Starter Kit sets should reflect that.

I use Tags & More a lot for demos year-round and I think it's a great set for just $19.95. Little Hellos for just 19.95 is even more versitile since it has more sayings and those can be mounted peg style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 07:49 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickery
If you are subbing Fresh Flowers with In Full Bloom, I would recommend you make sure you have a two-step stamp set with bold lines somewhere in your inventory. IFB is two step but it's also watercolor technique whereas FF is just "stamp and go" if you know what I mean.

That said, I went with FF and although I used it a lot at the beginning I don't use it much now. I've told my potential recruits for SAB (3 and counting!) that I think Bold Basics is the perfect substitute for FF and though I LOVE IFB I think BB is better all around for lots of demo opportunities.

Bold Basics is:
**more versitle than both FF and IFB since it has flowers as well as swirls, a star and a heart
**it has a square stamp included for demoing shadow stamping
**the samples and workshops for new demos on the website that use FF
can be easily reproduced with BB
**it has a coordinating Classy Brass template which just adds to the versitility

With the "free stamp set" offer you could still get IFB too or earn it with Stampin' Start.

I would also agree with the person who switched the default party set with Polka Dot Party. I have the starter kit one and I hate it so much I can't even remember the name! I've used it twice, I never demo it. PDP has a Simply Scrappin' kit that coordinates. The coordination between stamp sets and accessories is such a great selling point for SU that I think the Starter Kit sets should reflect that.

I use Tags & More a lot for demos year-round and I think it's a great set for just $19.95. Little Hellos for just 19.95 is even more versitile since it has more sayings and those can be mounted peg style.
Great info! I do have some great "flower" sets, so I think adding IFB would be okay. I will check out the Bold Basics though before making my final decision. I'm also getting Little Hellos for Christmas and the sets I bought early on are all pretty versatile. For my starter kit, I'm basically adding on to what I already have, so it's been fun!

I just went gallery surfing again and I think I'm going to get Simply Sweet instead of the Happy Hearts...UGH! I can't make up my mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 07:50 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh and I'm going to remember to mount my Little Hellos peg style...GREAT idea!!! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

I am not a demo and I just love A Greeting For All Seasons, it was one of the first stamp sets I bought and I keep it pretty close to my stamping table. I have to admit I use the sayings stamps more, but you can make such a quick card with all the stamps. I believe my demo has sold a lot of these because she demos it frequently! I won Tags and More as a hostess gift and I love it, too! I don't use it as much as I use to, but it makes cards for several seasons and is fairly easy to make an original card from if you are a beginning stamper. It is perfect for Easter, too! My first year stamping, I made all my Easter cards with it and got many compliments on them, I colored each one differently with the markers, added glitter to the bunny's tail and ears and had lots of fun doing it.

I have been stamping for three years now, but still find In Full Bloom intimidating. I LOVE two step stamps in general, but have mostly the ones that don't have to be colored in. I got Roses in Winter recently and love it that I could make cards in so many different colored schemes (rose, blue, purple, yellow, pink, etc) with just my ink pads! I even managed to even make an orange/peach colored rose for my daughter's teacher, that is her favorite color!

I think at least one two-step stamp set like Roses in Winter, Terrific Tulips, Fresh Flowers, Watercolor Garden, etc. is very important to demo, they have a WOW factor to them! Beginning stampers will really like them!

Good luck deciding what to include in your kits, I wish I could join you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 08:41 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Mama2jackson! Another one who is signing up in January here!

I just have one comment about Simply Sweet :shock: . I have been working on set samplers for sets that I already own, including simply sweet. I am having a very hard time because all of the stamps are long and horizontal, which makes it difficult to come up with really unique set sampler cards that are all "different" KWIM? All of the cards end up looking kind of the same after a while. I have seen people who cut each stamp into thirds so they had small groups of chairs, vases, etc. and mounted it that way. I think this would greatly up the versatility of this set.

I hope you don't mind my two cents I love hearing from everyone and looking at the "pros and cons" of each set. I think this is a really cute set and I think if you mounted it differently (now I wish I would have) you could get much more use out of it.

My work and the card sketches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2004, 09:38 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Check out the gallery for tags and more. You guys may change your mind. I love it for the versatility!
Reply With Quote Likes