View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #57
JadeOnline
Watercolor Wizard

We don't know gender, so clothing wise, I have lots of greens, yellows and whites. I don't object to blue and pinks but it seems like manufacturers go to the extremes....let's make it blue and load it with dump truck images. Or frilly butterflies on a pink suit. I did buy one pair of adorable blue cammo pants that I plan to pair with a cute pink shirt if it's a girl.

My main pattern inspiration fabric for baby's room is posted in the first post. We've gone with a safari theme and the room is being painted a light yellow (almost matches the pattern background exactly).

As for non-crafty gift ideas....hmmm...one of the things that is pretty important to me is reading. I always like to put a book in baby gifts I send. I've got a couple of my childhood favorites already picked out, but it's always nice to see what other people fondly remember from their childhood (Dr. Suess, Robert Muncsch, etc). Only thing I ask in this regard is to avoid overly religious themes, as this is not prevalent in our home.

My mom is a sewer and has piled me up with receiving blankets (but really, can you ever have too many?), but "general" blankets (knitted, fleece, quilted) I am definitely short on. Also, I'm on the eye out for cute knitted sweaters, hats, socks, booties, etc.

But really, whatever! The generosity of everyone here is amazing and I'll be grateful for anything!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!