View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
stampztoomuch
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Louisa May,

Thanks so much for your reply! Where I bought mine the write said it's good for markers too: *Ranger PERFECT INK REFRESHER Refresh Pad Marker Condition

Here are the instructions for the marker refreshing (though I haven't tried it myself since my bottle hasn't arrived in the mail yet)

"For Water Based Markers: Remove the end plug from the marker or gently pull the nib out. Use an eyedropper to apply Ink Refresher to pen reservoir. Return the plug or nib. Allow a few minutes for the moisture to saturate the ink core before using"

I do find that I do have to re-ink a lot of my pads often and some of the lids are loose (According to Ranger, new pads have more ink & are deeper pads). I have noticed quite a difference between ones I bought recently. The new pads are much more inky & lids are tighter. I've been thinking about storing them in an air-tight container because I think they evaporate in my climate.

Gotta love em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa May View Post
Yes, the Ink Refresher worked well. I had to use it on the lighter colors, and it really helped. It refreshes the ink and makes it work much better. It doesn't make the colors darker (I didn't want that anyway), but it makes the ink flow. In my post I made a mistake when I said it refreshed "water based markers." I don't know where I got that. I meant other dye based inks! The refresher will help the ink blend better.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!