Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default IN - Southeast IN (SW OH and N KY, too!) Cold Weather, Hot Cards!

JANUARY CANCELED - WE WILL RESCHEDULE!!!

Hey, stampers! We are having another swap!

Cold Weather, Hot Cards!

We will be having a get together on Saturday Jan 21st. This will be a 'you choose the occasion for your card' swap.

Since everyone liked the last one so much, this one will be another super, super, casual swap.

Bring a card kit, $5.00 to help cover the cost of the facilities, a brown bag lunch and drink of choice. If you don't want to bring food, there is pizza, Skyline, McDonalds, Oriental, and a Subway near by.

There is a fridge, m/w, and stove/oven if needed.

Since we need to know when to stop making card kits, we are going to limit the participants to 10 (this is a change from our usual 12).

Let me know if you can make it so we can reserve your spot.

TIME: 10AM until about 5PM

2160 Lamplight Dr
Bright IN 47025

Bring all supplies needed to create your masterpiece (quality pre-cut card stock, stamps, ink, embellishments, etc).

Bring along a little extra for any oopisies. Please make two samples of your card so it is easier for everyone to see your wonderful creation. Also, please include written instructions as necessary. Don't forget to add your name, we love to direct our ooohs and aaahs to the correct person.

Please mark all supplies you bring so we know who to contact when things are left behind!

You do NOT need to include envelopes if your card is the standard size (5 1/2 x 4 1/4). If you are making an odd size card, we would LOVE it if there is a envelope for that size!

Space will be provided for a garage sale items. HOWEVER: YOU will be responsible for any items you bring and for collecting your own money. Please let us know ASAP as space is limited.

Don't forget your camera!

1. Vicky
2. Linda
3. Carol
4. Louise
5. Mary Ann
6. Pam
7. Elmira

DIRECTIONS
Take 275 WEST to exit #16 (State Route 50/Greendale/Lawrenceburg/Aurora). Go straight thru the light at the end of the ramp. You will need to get in the right-hand lane in order to go straight.

Turn right at the next light. (You will see a sign for Perfect North Slopes pointing the way to go)

At the T-intersection, turn left onto Indiana State Route 1 NORTH. You do not stop at this intersection. (You will see another sign for Perfect North Slopes pointing the way to go. It was sure nice of them to help us out !! LOL!)

Go approx 3 miles and turn right onto Salt Fork. Just before you get to Salt Fork, you will pass a red barn next to a two-story white house. You will see a metal Lions sign as soon as you turn onto Salt Fork. This road has a lot of trees on it. Hopefully by October 1st, you will have some lovely fall color to enjoy!

Go approx 4.5 miles until you reach a stop sign and turn left onto Jackson Ridge (there will be a NO OUTLET sign directly across from you at this stop sign).

Go approx 1/2 mile passing a graveyard on your left to another stop sign. Turn right onto Salt Fork (yep, same street name as before).

Go approx 3/10 of a mile passing St Teresa's on the right. Turn right onto Lamplight Drive. If you pass the firehouse, you have gone too far.

The Bright Lion's Club will be the second gravel drive on your left. The parking lot is next to the building which is cream color and has a flag pole out front.

Last edited by sadiejane929; 01-21-2012 at 05:21 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mad Swapper

Default Here we go for January!

Here it is! Sorry it took me so long to get this new thread started. So far, we have Vicky as a definite. I cannot commit yet because, as many of you already know, I am not sure if I will have a job in January or be laid off. I am going to go ahead and make a card kit anyway. I figure as long as I do not make it a holiday specific one, I can always save it and use it whenever I can attend again.

Also, since we are picking an iffy time of the year to do this, can everyone that will be attending send me a private message on the best way to contact you in case it snows and we have to cancel?

I heard Valentine's Day mentioned at the last swap so just keep in mind this area's fickle weather when planning your cards.
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pam,
Put me down.
Linda
Inking Addict

Default Adding 2 more!

Pam:

Pls put me (Carol) and Louise on the list.

I'll send my email as well as Louise's to you separately.

Thanks!!
Mad Swapper

Linda, Carol, and Louise - you are added! We have 4 already!
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in! Hopefully there won't be snow!
Mad Swapper

Gotcha on the list, Mary Ann!!
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929View Post
Here it is! Sorry it took me so long to get this new thread started. So far, we have Vicky as a definite. I cannot commit yet because, as many of you already know, I am not sure if I will have a job in January or be laid off. I am going to go ahead and make a card kit anyway. I figure as long as I do not make it a holiday specific one, I can always save it and use it whenever I can attend again.

Also, since we are picking an iffy time of the year to do this, can everyone that will be attending send me a private message on the best way to contact you in case it snows and we have to cancel?

I heard Valentine's Day mentioned at the last swap so just keep in mind this area's fickle weather when planning your cards.
All,
I've been very busy & then to make matters worse, I got sick Tue night when I got back from my trip. I'm still feeling bad, but gosh I still have so much to do, I hope tomorrow is better. I'm working on my card idea, I think I'll "borrow" an idea that I saw on Splitcoast for Valentine's Day. It could be used for Sweetest Day or Anniversary, so if the weather doesn't cooperate - it could still work. Hope to see you all in Jan.
Vic
Mad Swapper

Linda sent this to me. Thought you might enjoy it. Merry Christmas everyone!

Twas the night before Christmas, I’m glued to the tree.
I’m wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or inkpads or lace?
Or some stamps, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that’s when I heard him……
“Hi Santa, ” I said
He replied, “You know….good girls should be in their beds”.
“I know I should Santa,and now I’ve been caught.
But I was just so excited to see what you brought.”
“Well, let’s take a look in this room where you work”.
He shook his head quickly, and left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear.
“You’ve got enough crap,
I’ll see you next year!”
Matboard Maniac

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas & here's wishing you a happy New Year!
Vic
Mad Swapper

I had a lovey Christmas, Santa was good to me!
Inking Addict

Default Happy New Year

Santa was good to me as well!!

Wishing everyone a SAFE and Happy New Year --- see you at the Swap in January, barring any SNOW!!!

Carol
Matboard Maniac

ok Carol & Pam - what did Santa bring you???

Vic
Inking Addict

Default Santa's Stampin' TOYS

First of all, my daughter-in-law, the SU Demonstrator gave me THE BIG SHOT!! Hallelujia, gotta get busy and learn how it works. Saw some youtube videos on it several times, so I'm sure it won't be too difficult. She also gave me a travel bag for the Big Shot! She said she knew I'd be bringing it back and forth to Louise's! (Louise doesn't know about it yet!)

Also from same DIL, got the owl-builder punch (Loving it!). Got 3 stamp sets from her as well, all hostess gifts that I wouldn't get since I don't do parties.

Aside from Santa, I just picked up the Ticket Punch and the Small Tag punch from the CLEARANCE rack at SU!! I feel like I'm in "STAMPIN' HEAVEN" !!!

Got other stuff too (non-stampin stuff) -- this was just the most interesting!!

Pam & Vic, what did you get?
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAO427View Post
First of all, my daughter-in-law, the SU Demonstrator gave me THE BIG SHOT!! Hallelujia, gotta get busy and learn how it works. Saw some youtube videos on it several times, so I'm sure it won't be too difficult. She also gave me a travel bag for the Big Shot! She said she knew I'd be bringing it back and forth to Louise's! (Louise doesn't know about it yet!)

Also from same DIL, got the owl-builder punch (Loving it!). Got 3 stamp sets from her as well, all hostess gifts that I wouldn't get since I don't do parties.

Aside from Santa, I just picked up the Ticket Punch and the Small Tag punch from the CLEARANCE rack at SU!! I feel like I'm in "STAMPIN' HEAVEN" !!!

Got other stuff too (non-stampin stuff) -- this was just the most interesting!!

Pam & Vic, what did you get?
Carol,

I'm jealous - I didn't get much stamping stuff. My sister usually gets me a bunch of misc stamp stuff, but she didn't this year. She did get me one set of clear stamps & one Martha Stewart punch around the page set. Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy some more stuff for myself. I bet Pam got a bunch of craft stuff - right Pam??

Vic
Inking Addict

Yea, Pam -- own up here and let us know what you got from Santa!!

Vic -- your gifts sound pretty cool too!!

Carol
Mad Swapper

I got some of the glitter trays so I can pour powders and stuff back into the bottles. Had to test it out on all of the gems I dumped out looking for specific ones for some cards kits I made for Parents Night Out at school (picture below). All the gems we had in those buckets and I almost had to call Vicky to see if she had a few more of the big gold ones!

I got a couple of storage bins to use for my scrap paper. Keeping them in the big baggies just wasn't working out for me.

I also got some Nesties, teeny-tiny glue dots, and duplicate hole punches so I don't have to keep pulling them out of my to-go bag.

There was more but I would have to go downstairs and look at it all again and then won't get anything done! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
IN - Southeast IN (SW OH and N KY, too!) Cold Weather, Hot Cards!-img_0730.jpg  
Mad Swapper

By the way, the ban on me going into any crafting store has now been lifted so I will have to see what stamp sets are on sale at Hobby Lobby this week.
Inking Addict

Pam, I agree with you not being able to use the baggies for scraps of paper!! A month or so ago, I purchased a 5-drawer (on wheels) plastic bin for all my scraps -- shows you how much I haven't been using them!!! I have them sorted by color and is right next to me. I have been using my scraps much more efficiently than the baggies now. Also the very top has a molded tray concept for small tools. Love it!!

Sounds like you got some interesting things for Christmas!! I had a ban on Michael's and Hobby Lobby for a couple of months, and have been "giving-in" to Joann's coupons!! Yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some cute stamps on clearance and used my 40% off coupon for a Valentine stamp!

Still looking for my card swap design -- almost there!!
Inking Addict

Pam -- forgot to mention the candle cards looking really neat!

Good idea using the gems -- never thought of that!!

I'm attaching a photo of my FIRST OWL builder punch card -- I cased the design from Mary Fish -- love it!
Attached Thumbnails
IN - Southeast IN (SW OH and N KY, too!) Cold Weather, Hot Cards!-img_0271.jpg  
Mad Swapper

Carol - love the owl card! I have been eyeing that punch and am just waiting for sal-a-bration to start!
Inking Addict

Pam -- thanks!!

I am also waiting for the Sell-A-Bration to start to get some Dies for my new Big Shot!!

Carol
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I got some of the glitter trays so I can pour powders and stuff back into the bottles. Had to test it out on all of the gems I dumped out looking for specific ones for some cards kits I made for Parents Night Out at school (picture below). All the gems we had in those buckets and I almost had to call Vicky to see if she had a few more of the big gold ones!

I got a couple of storage bins to use for my scrap paper. Keeping them in the big baggies just wasn't working out for me.

I also got some Nesties, teeny-tiny glue dots, and duplicate hole punches so I don't have to keep pulling them out of my to-go bag.

There was more but I would have to go downstairs and look at it all again and then won't get anything done! LOL!
Pam,

Looking at the card that you attached - OMG, are you working on Christmas cards for 2012 already?? I BOUGHT my cards for 2012 the day after Christmas, but I know not to send you one of them next year. HA!!

I'm currently under a shopping embargo. NO Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or JoAnn's for me for awhile.

Vic
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAO427View Post
Pam -- forgot to mention the candle cards looking really neat!

Good idea using the gems -- never thought of that!!

I'm attaching a photo of my FIRST OWL builder punch card -- I cased the design from Mary Fish -- love it!
Carol,

I like what you did with your Owl punch, very cute!

Vic
Mad Swapper

Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in. I'm kinda back on line. Bouncing off wi-fi til Monday.

Just wanted to update you. Mom just finished her last round of chemo and we are going on the 13th for another PET scan to see how she did. We'll find out on the 19th what's what. Let me tell you these past few months have really tested us in more ways than one. You find out just how strong a person you are.

I'd love to come to your swap but I think that we may wait til the next one. I know that Jan and Danielle will want to join in too but this month is crazy...

I wish you all well and hope that this year brings nothing but the best to you all. I'll be around - checking in to see when the next one will be.

Hugs,
Joani
Mad Swapper

Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in. I'm kinda back on line. Bouncing off wi-fi til Monday.

Just wanted to update you. Mom just finished her last round of chemo and we are going on the 13th for another PET scan to see how she did. We'll find out on the 19th what's what. Let me tell you these past few months have really tested us in more ways than one. You find out just how strong a person you are.

I'd love to come to your swap but I think that we may wait til the next one. I know that Jan and Danielle will want to join in too but this month is crazy...

I wish you all well and hope that this year brings nothing but the best to you all. I'll be around - checking in to see when the next one will be.

Hugs,
Joani
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoekneeView Post

Hugs,
Joani
Joani,
It so good to hear from you. I have you all in my thoughts & prayers & will pray for the best on the 19th.
Certainly understand about the swap, we'll look forward to maybe seeing you all at the next swap!

Best wishes for you & your family for 2012.

Vic
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoekneeView Post

Hugs,
Joani

Joani,

It is so good to hear from you! I have my fingers crossed for good news on the 19th! Give your Mama a hug from me and my prayers are with all of you.
Matboard Maniac

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sat. Pam since you are coming, but your name isn't on the list yet, we just need to let everyone know that there will be 6 of us. So everyone should make 6 kits & 2 cards for samples.

See you Sat!!
Vic
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicnicView Post
Looking forward to seeing you all on Sat. Pam since you are coming, but your name isn't on the list yet, we just need to let everyone know that there will be 6 of us. So everyone should make 6 kits & 2 cards for samples.

See you Sat!!
Vic
I am not sure I am going to be there yet. I have NOTHING for a card kit and 2 more days of work before I have any energy to even think about this.
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am not sure I am going to be there yet. I have NOTHING for a card kit and 2 more days of work before I have any energy to even think about this.
Oh Pam -- just do what I do. Get your kit together on Friday evening!
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcostView Post
Oh Pam -- just do what I do. Get your kit together on Friday evening!
LOL!! I have the card designed and may just be doing the kits tomorrow evening.
Mad Swapper

Ladies! The weather is not sounding too good for Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed.
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Ladies! The weather is not sounding too good for Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed.
Ladies,

Please provide a phone number that we can reach you on either Friday night or Sat morning, in case the weather is bad & we have to cancel. Also let us know the earliest that we can call you on Sat if we have to cancel. (Wouldn't want to wake the entire family up, but also wouldn't want to have you on the road if it is going to be bad.)
My cell is 513 846-8842 - but probably won't answer it until after 8:00, but if you want to leave a message, I'll call you as soon as I can after 8:00.

In the mean time, I've got my fingers crossed.

Vic
Rubber Obsessor

Still don't know what I am going to make. Since I am busy tomorrow night guess what I will be doing in the morning!

Cell number is 513-515-1742

Vic got the keys to the building yet??????? Did you put a keychain in your stuff?
Inking Addict

Vic:

My cell phone # is: 513 324-2524. Louise's home # is: 812 537-0424.

I will be up by 8:00 a.m. (or earlier).

Crossing my fingers it will only be raining (or maybe SUN!!)

Carol
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandlmaxView Post
Still don't know what I am going to make. Since I am busy tomorrow night guess what I will be doing in the morning!

Cell number is 513-515-1742

Vic got the keys to the building yet??????? Did you put a keychain in your stuff?
Linda,
Darn, I forgot to get the keys & Jim already went to bed. I'll leave him a note. Thanks for the reminder. Since your meeting is tomorrow night, I'll give the key chains to you or Sam tomorrow.

Vic
Matboard Maniac

Ladies,

Elmira will also be joining us on Sat for our Swap. Sorry, but I didn't understand that until today. Everyone should make 7 kits & 2 samples for us all to use as our guide.

Vic
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicnicView Post
Ladies,

Elmira will also be joining us on Sat for our Swap. Sorry, but I didn't understand that until today. Everyone should make 7 kits & 2 samples for us all to use as our guide.

Vic
Weren't we just going to make 10 kits in case someone decided at the last minute to just pop in?

Wonder what Janice is doing, haven't heard from her lately. Elmira is added to the list.
Pearl-ExPert

Pam, I PM'd you my phone numbers. From the way the weatherman is talking, it doesn't sound too good for meeting tomorrow, but then again, the weatherperson has been known to blow things out of proportion and have us all panicking before! (hopefully no one's close relative is a weatherperson)