Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow January 2012 Scrap Pages & Scrap Chat

Scrappin' Challenge 2012

Can you believe this is our 4th year of Scrappin' Goal Challenge?! We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in 2009, 2010 & 2011 and I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together in 2012! Let's keep scrappin'.

It was SO fun to see everyone's goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2012! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

What fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends. Our scrap goal isn't all about getting pages done, it's also about enjoying the process! Please feel free to join at any time!

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person will post what their scrapbook page goal is. We will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. Along with the scrapbook page goal for this month, if you'd like to play along with the "Using Stash Crew" decide what your scrapping budget will be for that month.

*In this thread, we'll track how we do for the month. Look HERE to share and track your Annual Goals. *

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done, use more in our stash before buying new (well at least keep track) and if you want to play along w/ saving --- save $$ at the same time which becomes scrapping budget $ for next year -- or vacation money or Holiday fund!

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2012 Scrapbook Challenge! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

(Pssst...in case you're interested in the "history", here's the thread that started it all 4 years ago...

We'd love to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages so please post with key word "sbc12jan"

Last edited by Lmn; 02-01-2012 at 03:18 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow January Scrappers

January Scrappers

*This is where we'll track our Scrap Page Goal for January* Feel Free to join at any time.

January Scrappers Goal

Come and Play!

Last edited by Lmn; 02-01-2012 at 03:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Scrap Challenge Updates

BIG NEWS!
For 2012, the Thursday Challenge will move to it's own thread in the Challenges Section. When I get updates from all the Scrap Hostess for
2012, I'll post HERE the New Schedule for going forward!

Woohoo! :eek:

2011 November Thursday Challenges

2011 October Thursday Challenges

2011 September Thursday Challenges

080411 - What A Difference

2011 July Thursday Challenges

2011 June Thursday Challenges

2011 May Thursday Challenges

2011 April Thursday Challenges

2011 March Thursday Challenges

2011 February Thursday Challenges

2011 January Thursday Challenges

SCS 52 Week Thursday Goal Challenge!
This year on Thursdays you'll be invited to join us for our 52 Week Scrap Challenge. These challenges will be PERFECT whether you're working on your kids albums, 2011 Family Album, Daily Life Album or a "BOM" (Book of Me).

By the end of the year, you'll have some GREAT pages or a complete 2011 Scrapbook...OR BOTH! :mrgreen:

Need More Ideas....you'll find 2010 Thursday Challenges posted HERE

Last edited by Lmn; 02-01-2012 at 03:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up 2012 Scrap Budget

2012 News for Budget
** for 2012, we're going to move the "budget" challenge to THIS thread. There wasn't a lot of interest in this over the last year so I've decided to combine it with another budget thread on SCS for those Gals that like to track spending :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Stampin', Scrappin' Events and More

Watch for updates

Last edited by Lmn; 02-01-2012 at 03:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for getting us started Lela! I will start out the new year with a goal of 10 for January.

I'm excited about the "new" Thursday challenges!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Whoo Hoo, I am ready to get to 2012. I will make my goal for January at 9. That is half way between the 6 a month I ended 2011 with and the 12 a month I started 2011 with. I will see how it rolls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
2012 News for Budget
** for 2012, we're going to move the "budget" challenge to THIS thread. There wasn't a lot of interest in this over the last year so I've decided to combine it with another budget thread on SCS for those Gals that like to track spending :p
Looked over at this thread...looks like you're getting a good bunch of gals on it! I almost put my name down just to be included! I think last year I bought a punch at AC Moore only because I had a 50% off coupon and didn't know what else to spend it on! I love the Martha Stewart border and edge punches.

I'm going to go for 4 pages in January...might do more but we'll see. January is always a tough month at work with year end payroll duties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Default January Challenge

I am going to aim for 6 pages in January.?.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Happy New Year To You All!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll ever get a break in my hectic life so I'm going to shoot for 2 pages a week which would be 104 for the year...& I'll add one dps for Leap Year :-)...so 106 for 2012!

I do want to participate more in the challenges so I'll shoot for 4 a month.

I also need to organize my digi elements and do more digi pages so of that 106 I want 25to be digi.

That's about all for me :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 07:22 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Well, I lost track of what I did in 2011 so have no idea where I ended up. I'm looking forward to starting again in 2012. I'll shoot for 8 pages for January.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Well, I hope to get back on track in January, so I'll shoot for 10 in January and a yearly goal of 120. We'll see how it goes!

Looks like some great changes in 2012. I especially like that Thursday challenges will have their own thread!!! Yay!

Happy New Year all!! (I actually have 27 mins. left until midnight!)

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! Happy New Year! For now I'm just going to lurk on this thread. I'm in a point of my life where I just don't have a lot of reasons to take a lot of pictures to scrap with. Kids are grown, grandkids are either grown or have moved out of state, no new pets... you get the picture! I have managed to get behind so I do have a bit of a stash to work on but set a goal...not so sure! I do have three years of Christmases to catch up on and some pictures from a visit this summer of the Arkansas and Colorado kid's families waiting to be put on pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
Good morning ladies! Happy New Year! For now I'm just going to lurk on this thread. I'm in a point of my life where I just don't have a lot of reasons to take a lot of pictures to scrap with. Kids are grown, grandkids are either grown or have moved out of state, no new pets... you get the picture! I have managed to get behind so I do have a bit of a stash to work on but set a goal...not so sure! I do have three years of Christmases to catch up on and some pictures from a visit this summer of the Arkansas and Colorado kid's families waiting to be put on pages.
Welcome! Now is the perfect time to join us...great time to catch up on those memories. Maybe you'll get inspired to do some every day moment photos & pages too, there are some inspiring scrappers here! You never know what this new year will gift you! Hope to see you around!

Last edited by Mary_Pat419; 01-01-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #15  

Default Hi to Muzbysmom and Wlandlori

Welcome, Muzbysmom (Lynn) and Wlandlori!!

I always have tons of photos to scrap and never get caught up, but that's OK, the fun for me is the path along the way, getting to scrap, both traditionally and digitally, and visit with my SCS friends. Not only is this a great thread for making new scrappy friends and getting inspiration, you can also get ideas and motivation from the daily challenge threads. Most are on the right of the SCS Home page if you scroll down on that page a little. (I have this link on the favorites bar of my browser which takes me to all of the daily scrap challenges.

I didn't set any goals when I started back in 2009. I just hung out and posted and got the hang of where to find things and gradually I got HOOKED! Yes, hooked! I love it here and all the great people who hang out here.

If you have questions, just post 'em here and someone will be sure to try and answer them. If not, our fearless leader, Lela (LMN) is always a great resource!! Sally (Salster) or Lydia (Understandblue), two of our moderators, are also very helpful.

Look forward to getting to know you both and hope to see some pages one day soon!

Again, welcome -- and Happy New Year!

Last edited by wendella247; 01-01-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Heart

Hola!
I'm happy to say I did not reach my scrapping goal, because I have been so busy enjoying family and friends. December turned out to be a super busy super fun month filled with lots of great times. I have a few gift albums that are still a work in progress and I'm okay with that. Yay! for Happy ending to a loooong 2011!
Looking forward to 2012!
Happy New Years Day!
I'm starting with a goal of 10 personal pages. I will still work on gift albums, but I want to get back to scrapping more of my family pics.I will do more challenges this year. I will also work towards using up my stash so I will be finding ways to use older paper collections that I have been hoarding.
Here's to a creative 2012!

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #17  

Glad to hear you have such a great "excuse" for not meeting your goal. Family and friends are what it's all about! I look forward to seeing your always-wonderful pages, Tam! Happy New Year!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #18  

Default Digi Scrapping FREEBIES!!!!!!

I just posted a list here for all the digi scrappers out there and for those of you who�d like to try their hand at digi scrapping but don�t want to spend any money while doing it. Check it out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I am rethinking how I scrapbook...right now I have a family album, Jeremy and I album, Project Life album, Christmas Album and Cleo album all going...and many times I do similar pages of the same events for each...SO, I think I will continue with my Christmas Album (love having all years of Christmas in one album) and with my Cleo album (that way when she is grown, she has an album of all the fun stuff she did with us while growing up)...but, I think I am going to combine the Project Life, family and Jeremy and I albums...
I started Project Life in February with the goal of a photo a day...then I realized that really was not going to work for me SO, I adapted it to a 12x12 "layout" per month...that has worked well and I am able to touch on the highlights of the month...BUT I was still expanding that in my Family album since I didn't include all of the pictures in the PL album. Now, I am thinking I will do my 12x12 layout of PL pages (they are subdivided for pictures and little cards to give an explanation, quote, etc) and for those events that require more than just one or two pics, I can add 12x12 page protectors with traditional layouts...WHEW, clear as mud?
I know that was WAY more detail than you all needed to know...can you tell I am a VERY detailed person? LOL...thanks for listening to my ramblings, it helped me organize the thoughts more clearly in my head by typing them out
All of that to say that I will be taking a more simplistic approach to scrapbooking so that I do not allow myself to get stressed by it because then it isn't the fun hobby that it is supposed to be! Of course, that approach is 2012 going forward SO, I will still have LOTS of pages to do to catch up to 2012 ;)

I am thinking 120 pages for the year...I will aim for 10 in January...

Last edited by Becabooh; 01-01-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Happy New Year!! One of my goals for this year is to get more active here. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the scrapbooking sections of SCS, but I'll muddle through . I'm looking forward to participating in some of the scrapbooking challenges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #21  
Glitter Queen

Is this where we post our January goals? I went to the links in the first post and they took me to some older threads?

My goal for January is 15 pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

oh boy, now I have to commit....I will try for 8 pages in January. The bigger issue is that I need to restart my planning process so I can fit the pages in with all the school, scouts and other activities. I have the ability to do digi now too, so maybe I'll have more luck that way.

Happy New Year everyone!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello ladies! Happy New Year!

I was a real slacker in 2011. I am determined to get more current with my scrapping!

My 2012 goal is 140 pages.
My January goal is 15 pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemscrapsView Post
Is this where we post our January goals? I went to the links in the first post and they took me to some older threads?

My goal for January is 15 pages.
Welcome! I was hoping you'd find us. Your pages are awesome so I know you'll get lots of comments now that we all know where to find you! This is where you'll post your January goal and then each month a new thread will be started.

Looking forward to your inspirational pages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlandloriView Post
Welcome! So glad you decided to come join in the fun...looking forward to seeing your pages if you decide to post them for all of us to see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Welcome Lynn. Once you lurk here, you'll want to join in on the fun! We've got lots of challenges going all the time to send lots of inspiration your way. It'll be a good way to use up all those supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemscrapsView Post
Happy New Year!! One of my goals for this year is to get more active here. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the scrapbooking sections of SCS, but I'll muddle through . I'm looking forward to participating in some of the scrapbooking challenges.
Welcome! This is a fabulous group of women and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask...we all have had to navigate SCS as a newcomer & it can be somewhat confusing in the beginning :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlandloriView Post
Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is DH's last day of vacation so we're hoping to get some kayaking in today. I bought him a Nikon for Christmas & we're hoping to finally take a photography class at a local art school here (Crealde). I've been wanting to do this for about two years and it hasn't worked with my schedule but looks like it should now. Before all the fun though, time to take down the decorations...I feel like I just finished! So no scrapping now but hopefully in the next few days! Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #30  
Watercolor Wizard

My decorations got taken down and put away yesterday. Hubby and I had to run out and buy a rubbernaid tote to put things in. I did get rid of a lot of decorations this year so it was much less to take down this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

My decorations got taken down and put away yesterday. Hubby and I had to run out and buy a rubbernaid tote to put things in. I did get rid of a lot of decorations this year so it was much less to take down this year.
I was going to take down yesterday as well but got sidetracked. Since work is still off today, I'm going to try again once I get DGS off to school.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I got rid of some old decorations last year which is why I feel like I just finished decorating...this year I bought to fill spots. I also just bought another tree for next year. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

Mary Pat - I am looking at buying a new camera...may I ask which Nikon you got? They have been what I am leaning toward...either the D3100 or D5100...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! Welcome to all the newbies

I slacked off last year, but it wasn't without excuse. I went too many places! YIKES! Now this year I'm going to scrap them all. Idk what I ended up with (total-wise) but I know that I didn't reach my goal.

My goal for 2012 is: 120 pages
My Jan goal is 10 pages and finish my December Daily album.

DD goes back to school on Wed. While I have actually enjoyed having her around (and sleeping late) I am ready to jump back into scrapbooking.

Looking forward to 'getting to know' all the newcomers and catching up with the rest of you!

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!
I just started last month, but I think I made my goal(I did loose track and didn't post everything, Christmas is so hectic!)
So glad it is a new year! I LOVE wiping the slate clean and starting fresh! With that in mind, I am going to say my goal for January will be 5 pages.
Happy Scrappin' everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Goals for January 2012

Quote:

January Scrappers

*This is where we'll track our Scrap Page Goal for January* Feel Free to join at any time.

January Scrappers Goal

Come and Play!
My goals for Jan 2012 will be
5 pages - digital scrapbooking
2 pages - traditional scrapbooking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Welcom back to the "old timer" and welcome to our new scrappy friends! This is a great group to keep you motivated and offer inspiration. It is not for lack of those two that I didn't get much done the last few months. It was time! Our schedule went berzerk in september and didn't let up until a couple of weeks ago. Of course it all starts back next week.

I still haven't taken the tree or stuff down. That was on the agenda for today but I ended up dealing with computer and software issues for our business. Still working on some of that stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #38  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Camera

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecaboohView Post
Mary Pat - I am looking at buying a new camera...may I ask which Nikon you got? They have been what I am leaning toward...either the D3100 or D5100...
Rebekah, I got a Nikon D3100 last year but my DH got me the additional lens so I have lots of versatility and I LOVE it! I recommend it to everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #39  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink January Scrappers

Woohoo! Happy 2012

Welcome to all of our new Scrappers and welcome back to all my 2011 Scrappy Friends !

Looking forward to all of the Scrappy Inspiration from our thread here! I love it. We're in the works for VSBN planning and as always we have fantastic weekly challenges planned for 2012.

well, unfortunately I have to run to the grocery. After being gone, we have very little left in the house to eat. First though I'm watching MSU in the Outback Bowl and it's TIED w/ 15 seconds left in the game....aaahhh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Rebekah, I got a Nikon D3100 last year but my DH got me the additional lens so I have lots of versatility and I LOVE it! I recommend it to everyone.
Awesome Lela! Thanks! Originally I was leaning toward a Canon Rebel T3i but from what I am reading online, the D3100 would MORE than suit my needs for less money! Which additional lens did you get? I have seen lots of recommendations for a 35mm lens...
Reply With Quote Likes