Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ink Pad Storage Systems?

Hi,
I'm new to stamping (jan 2004), a new SU! demo (may 2004) and a newbie at SCS! I heard about this group at my last upline meeting and this place is great!!
Does anybody have any recommendations for storage systems to store their pads? I have seen a few on the web but would love to hear some first hand comments on what is available!
TIA,
Kari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 09:07 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Hi Kari!

Welcome to the world of stamping and SCS!

I bought all the inks at once so i have the cardboard holders, but my mom has a cassette holder than can be stood up or hung on the wayy and both old style and new style fit in this. She has all 48 pads in there plus versamark, stazons and encore pads. She loves it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I purchased a stamp holder from http://www.stampinthings.com/ste.html . I have The Elite style which holds all 48 SU! ink pads, all 48 markers and all 48 ink refill bottles. It also has 24 more slots for your Encore, VersaMark, StazOn, etc. pads. At the top of the holder, it has a large tray to store miscellaneous items like embossing powders, scissors, etc. It is made of wood and is pretty compact. It spins around like a lazy susan. I LOVE it! Once I ordered it, it only took a week to receive.

Yvette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Check this site out, I wish I hadknown about this before I bought mycurrent system.
www.suink.net
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am really cheap so I never could see spending so much on the hand made wooden systems. SO one day I was running into walmart for a couple things and found these great little metal shelves. They are only 21 inches high, 6 inches deep, and 8 inches wide made by Rubbermaid. It folds up flat and I used ties to hold the shelves in place (4 shelves that fold down sides fold out) it reminds me of those metal bakers racks. Either way I picked up a couple of those not knowing how perfect they would be for me. I tied them together and put them against the wall on my table. I dont have all the pads yet but I think 3 of these would hold all 48 pads with room to spare. Cheap and worked out great!
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #6  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I am also to cheap to pay a fortune for those expensive wood ones. I bought Earth Elements, Rich Regals and Soft Subtles as a set so have those great cardboard boxes to store them in, but the Bold Brights set I didn't and now have a dilema of trying to find a box (my demonstrator thought she had her box somewhere but can't find it) to put the Bold ones in. My demonstrator uses a Rubbermaid drawer system for her ink pads, she likes it that way. I did find this site www.stampinktons.com that has white corrugated shelves that when I get a stamp room just might invest in, I can mount it on my wall that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #7  

My mom bought the sets all at once. (I didn't ) But she also doesn't like to use the boxes they came in so she gave them to me. But, I can expect they will probably wear out as much as i'm getting into them.

Those are some great sites for storage units. I might check out the cardboard one! It's a decent price.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2004, 04:28 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default This is what I did

HI Kari,
I recently joined SU and have been rapidly collecting a TON of stuff. LOL...I purchased from Last Dollar days a very reasonable carboard storage system for 48 classic pads and it will also hold one bottle of classic pad refills.

It came fully assembled and arrived VERY quickly for around $27, if I remember correctly. I set it on my desk and now have access to all my stamp pads at the tip of my fingers.

Here's a link that has all sorts of storage ideas. I had to go for cheap, so I chose the cardboard one for now. The wooden ones were bulky and since I don't have that much room yet, I also chose the cardboard one.

http://kimstamps.com/offers.html

Hope this helps ya out!
Happy stampin!
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2004, 09:58 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Default forever treasures website

I found this site quite by accident and the owner, John, has been a dream to work with. I don't use Stampin Up ink pads (I'm not a demonstrator and I think they are to expensive) and have several different brands (impress, brilliance, kaleidacolor and ancient page) and he is making me a custom carousel that will hold 120 pads (not just 48 like the others) for the small sum of $75. I think that is the best deal I have seen anywhere and recommend him for all your storage needs. Here's the web site. www.forevertreasures.ca Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2004, 10:14 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

OMGosh! I just looked at the forevertreasure site and I am in love! I am going to be putting in an order ASAP! He has the best prices I have ever seen! I am so on this like fleas on a dog! Thanks for sharing this link. I was about to bite the bullet and spend almost a $100 for something just like what he has for $40! Thanks!
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Don't forget to check out www.cdjdesigns.com

I have their free standing unit that can be mounted on the wall or sit on your desk. I think it is the greatest! Can't complain at all.
Reply With Quote Likes