Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 365 Cards Bookazine by Papercrafts

So the new 365 Cards bookazine seems really good, I love all the Papercrafts special publications. But I just noticed, no supply lists at all! How do we feel about that? I didn't realize it but I really like having those.

Is it just me?

On a better note, saw lots of familiar names!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #2  
BSD
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really miss the supply lists. It is the only thing I don't like about the issue. Can't tell you how many times I looked to the bottom to see whose ribbon or whose stamp was used before I remembered. I know they have them online, but that is such a pain.

Barb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #3  
NwP
Kookie Creator

I do NOT like it (Sam I am). If they did that with the regular magazine I would have a real problem with it. Like BSD, I kept checking to see what everybody had used, too, even knowing that it wasn't there.

Not a fan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, I noticed this too...I concur, I miss the supply list.

Just Monkeying Around....
I design for: Bugaboo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

It surprised me that I even noticed. I would have told you I didn't care. But then someone used a cool border die and I wondered who made it. Then there was a stamp, I was fairly sure I knew the company but alas...

Also, this is random but how are these girls getting compensated by the stamp companies they are using?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All over the magazine it says to go online to get the supply lists. But they aren't online. And I emailed the company about a month ago and never received a response. VERY disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I just picked that mag up yesterday and I was disappointed as well. IMHO a supply list is 50% of the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is the supply list in PDF format. Just beware if you want to print it - it's 65 pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is what I wrote on Papercrafts FB page concerning the lack of supply lists in "365 Cards":

An EXTREMELY dissatisfied customer here at the lack of the supply lists in "365 Cards". And you expect me to print out a 65 page document in order to have the supply info handy? Lose the calendar and the index, and put the supply list back where it belongs: on the page where the card is located. If this is the way of things to come, you've definitely lost a customer!

And here is their response to my post:

Paper Crafts Magazine Good morning, Linda. We definitely value honest feedback, and in order to fit 366 cards into 164 pages, we reviewed our reader survey. When designing each page with pictures, instructions, and supply lists, we were cramming so much text ont...o the page that the pictures were minuscule. Our readers told us in the annual survey that having large pictures of the projects is #1 on their priority list, followed much later by instructions, and then way on down the list with supply lists. We knew that something had to go to satisfy the demand for large photos. By providing the supply lists online, we felt that we were able to serve the vast majority of our readers. And here's the good news! The annual reader survey is always part of the January/February issue, so you'll get your chance to chime in there, too. I hope that helps you to understand the reasoning behind our decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed it today. I was a little surprised by it.

I don't like it either.:(

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Here is the supply list in PDF format. Just beware if you want to print it - it's 65 pages.
If the pdf of the supplies is 65 pages, it seems it would have added at least another 65 pages to the magazine. Personally, I thought it was a great publication, and while having to go online to find out what the products that catch my interest are, it's a worthwhile trade off imho.

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 03:10 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Concerning Papercrafts reply to me (see post #9 above), the photos of the cards are not any larger than before except on the introduction page for each month. There's one card on each of those pages; all the other pages contain 2 or 3 cards, just like the special issues in the past. The font for the instructions seems larger, which takes up more space. And unless there is a special technique used, who needs these instructions anyway? "Make card from cardstock." Really??? I need their instructions to tell me that???

As for the supply list being 65 pages, each page lists the supplies for approximately 6 cards, in a large font, with lots of white space. If you're familiar with Papercrafts regular and special issues, you know how tiny the fonts are for the supply lists. I printed the supply lists (4 pages to 1 sheet) and they're still as legible as the supply lists included in the regular magazines. These lists could easily have been included in the magazine itself. Plus they don't make the supply list easy to find, as one poster above couldn't find them at all. Finally, if I were the manufacturer of the stamps, paper, inks and other supplies, I would be very upset that this information is not readily included in the magazine itself.

OK, can anyone tell this has touched a nerve with me???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I dropped "instructions" from my blog a long time ago, unless I think I have just invented something new... yeah, right!? I don't necessarily buy from lists but sometimes it is nice to know especially with stamps as there are so many companies now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #14  
NwP
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Concerning Papercrafts reply to me (see post #9 above), the photos of the cards are not any larger than before except on the introduction page for each month. There's one card on each of those pages; all the other pages contain 2 or 3 cards, just like the special issues in the past. The font for the instructions seems larger, which takes up more space. And unless there is a special technique used, who needs these instructions anyway? "Make card from cardstock." Really??? I need their instructions to tell me that???

As for the supply list being 65 pages, each page lists the supplies for approximately 6 cards, in a large font, with lots of white space. If you're familiar with Papercrafts regular and special issues, you know how tiny the fonts are for the supply lists. I printed the supply lists (4 pages to 1 sheet) and they're still as legible as the supply lists included in the regular magazines. These lists could easily have been included in the magazine itself. Plus they don't make the supply list easy to find, as one poster above couldn't find them at all. Finally, if I were the manufacturer of the stamps, paper, inks and other supplies, I would be very upset that this information is not readily included in the magazine itself.

OK, can anyone tell this has touched a nerve with me???
I was thinking about the manufacturers, too. These mags are quite an advert for them, but not if the name of the stamp company isn't listed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Add me to the list of those who missed the supply lists. I think I know many of the stamps since I'm familiar with many of the designers but it's a PITA to have to go somewhere else to find the supplies.

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
But people aren't paying to read your blog.
I guess, what I am saying is that most of the time "instructions" are pretty straightforward. Also in other fields you are given the pertinent information and often have to turn the page for instructions.

Again if these cards aren't technique rich then is there really a need for "I cut the paper to size" "Then adhere the top to the base" type of instructions? I know all levels buy magazines however, I don't think that the questionaire represents the outcome as much as justifies it.

Another way to look at it - How many threads on this board have there been about the Gallery and when people don't post supplies and/or instructions? I think the supplies threads outnumber the instructions threads and I would daresay that if people aren't posting one they probably aren't posting the other.

Lastly, does dropping the supplies to hard to find supplement actually marry up with the purpose of the magazine? Bet it didn't make their advertisers very happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is it really that good of a magazine? I looked at the cover online, and based on that, I'd never buy it.

I doubt any of our stores around here would have it... we don't have anything but a couple of grocery stores and walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like to see a supply list also but much of the time the stamps used to produce the projects that are published in the papercrafting magazines aren't available to purchase any longer. When that happens, and it happens a lot, the supply list is not all that useful anyway...except for getting someone to check out the suppliers websites. So I agree that suppliers won't be happy if they're not listed in publications. What I'd like is if these magazines take an extra step and only publish projects where the supplies used are still attainable....yeah, in a perfect world.

IMO papercrafting magazines are too light in content to begin with, and except for maybe a novice papercrafter are pretty useless. IMO the producers of these magazines are lazy; because they're so light in content it makes those in charge of putting out the mags seem lazy to me.

I get much more information and inspiration from reading greatly done blogs...and those are free to read!

Last edited by RosieLP; 12-10-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
Is it really that good of a magazine? I looked at the cover online, and based on that, I'd never buy it.

I doubt any of our stores around here would have it... we don't have anything but a couple of grocery stores and walmart.
I actually buy most of the Papercrafts special issues (The 14.99 ones) I love them. I just pulled out some for a few years ago and I still love those. Of course, it is a matter of taste and such, but I feel like, because I still enjoy them years later, that they are worth the money for me. It is always hard for me to fork over the money, but I've never regretted it.
Reply With Quote Likes