View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #952
melissa59
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Default Happy the Pain is Fading Giveaway!

As some of you may already know, I had gallbladder surgery a little over 3 weeks ago. When I was discharged that same day, I was told I'd be able to resume my regular routine in 3 days and to take Tylenol if I had any pain. Unfortunately, there was a bit of miscommunication between the ranks of medical personnel at the hospital.

Days 1-4, I could not get out of bed without assistance.
Days 4-8, the pain was aggravated by nausea and vomiting.
Days 1-18, I was sure something had gone terribly wrong and I'd suffer from chronic pain the rest of my life.
Day 19, I had my post op and was told that my enlarged gallbladder had to be removed the old-fashioned way and that my recovery would be 5 to 6 WEEKS not 3 days! Had I been mentally prepared for what to expect, it would have been easier. And knowing what I now know about the operation, I probably should have spent a few days (instead of a few hours) in the hospital.
It is now Day 26 and this nightmare if starting to fade. I can finally sit, stand and walk for more than 30 minutes at a time. I can even drive, though bending, twisting and reaching are still a problem.

To celebrate my recovery, I have several "Happy the Pain is Fading" giveaways!

These giveaways will NOT go to the first one to pm me, but to the first person to correctly answer the question for the item you hope to win.
**You are welcome to enter for each prize, but please send a SEPARATE pm with the name of the item you hope to win in the subject line.
**You can only guess ONCE for each prize.

1) BRAYER -- This is for a brand new 4" Speedball soft rubber brayer exactly like the one in this link: Speedball Soft Rubber Brayers - BLICK art materials
QUESTION: My father was named after an outlaw. What was that outlaw's last name? (Hint: It was not Earp or James)

2) DAINTY: This is for a brand new Close to My Heart stamp set named "Dainty". Here is a photo of it: CTMH Stamp Sets :: B1203Dainty.jpg picture by disneymelissa59 - Photobucket
QUESTION: How many El Mexicano drinkable Yogurts did I drink during the first 24 days of my recovery? (Hint: Pick a number between 1 and 50. If nobody guesses the exact number by 10 a.m. Pacific Time tomorrow 11/9, I'll choose the person who guesses closest without going over.)

3) CHIPBOARD: This is for two unopened packages of small Christmas chipboard pieces. Some are a little larger than a quarter and others are the size of a dime, perfect for decorating cards, an advent calendar, scrapbook page, etc. Here is a photo: CTMH Stamp Sets :: ChristmasChipboard.jpg picture by disneymelissa59 - Photobucket
QUESTION: How many full size (not cats eye) ink pads do I own? (Hint: Pick a number between 1 and 50. If nobody guesses the exact amount by 10 a.m. 11/9 Pacific Time, I'll choose the person who comes closest without going over.)
Christmas Cards 4/44
Stamp2Spend-$5.84(03/17/16)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!