Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark's Finest Papers Sold!

Just got an email saying that The Heinrich Company bought them.

Now I have never bought from them (shipping was a little high for shipping to Canada), but I loved their stamps, always figured I would one day order
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone know anything about The Heinrich Company? I've never heard of them.
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am worried about Faith, the previous owner. Her last blog post said she was being cyber-bullied and the stress has destroyed her health. I went to see if there was anything else on her blog and the whole thing is gone!

She was very positive about the new owners and they have retained all the staff, but she has stepped out completely.

I am sad about that, I have followed Faith's blog, Markie's Mom, for years. I sure hope she is going to be ok. Does anyone know anything else about what happened?
Matboard Maniac

Faith is very positive about the Heinrich Company. It sounds like they are a graphics and illustration company.

Here is what Faith's last blog post said, it is still in my reader but the blog itself is gone:
I want to explain that I have been cyber bullied to the point of leaving the internet blog word, the stamping community, and pretty much anything that has to do with anything that made me happy in the past.

In addition, the stress of the situation has caused my health to deteriorate to the point that I have to stop working. My entire life has been shattered. I am tired. Just tired. The situation got so far out of control that I had to take charge.

I have sold my company to an investment group. The head of the group, Mr. Heinrich, is a well respected Christian man in the community. During negotiations, he made sure that all the people involved with the company would have jobs. And, his company brings more investment capital, an entire crew of illustrators and a whole new face to the company. I know that you will love everything they have coming out. They are good people. I do not have a job at the company. I will not be a consultant. They felt it was better that I take care of my health and not be involved with the company. I agreed.

This was the most stressful time in my life. I have survived breast cancer, ovarian cancer, watched my mother die, had my best friend killed in a car accident, buried a child and the child's father. However, nothing, and I repeat nothing, compares to the pain, agony, sleeplessness, and terror I have had to suffer.
As a blogger I am also worried, I don't know what cyber-bullying is but I would like to avoid it.

Of course I hope Faith will be ok.Not only will I miss Faith's humor and lively posts, I'll also miss my Markie and Speedy the Cat updates!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post
Faith is very positive about the Heinrich Company. It sounds like they are a graphics and illustration company.

Here is what Faith's last blog post said, it is still in my reader but the blog itself is gone:
I want to explain that I have been cyber bullied to the point of leaving the internet blog word, the stamping community, and pretty much anything that has to do with anything that made me happy in the past.

In addition, the stress of the situation has caused my health to deteriorate to the point that I have to stop working. My entire life has been shattered. I am tired. Just tired. The situation got so far out of control that I had to take charge.

I have sold my company to an investment group. The head of the group, Mr. Heinrich, is a well respected Christian man in the community. During negotiations, he made sure that all the people involved with the company would have jobs. And, his company brings more investment capital, an entire crew of illustrators and a whole new face to the company. I know that you will love everything they have coming out. They are good people. I do not have a job at the company. I will not be a consultant. They felt it was better that I take care of my health and not be involved with the company. I agreed.

This was the most stressful time in my life. I have survived breast cancer, ovarian cancer, watched my mother die, had my best friend killed in a car accident, buried a child and the child's father. However, nothing, and I repeat nothing, compares to the pain, agony, sleeplessness, and terror I have had to suffer.
As a blogger I am also worried, I don't know what cyber-bullying is but I would like to avoid it.

Of course I hope Faith will be ok.Not only will I miss Faith's humor and lively posts, I'll also miss my Markie and Speedy the Cat updates!
I am so sick and saddened to read this.

Faith was one of our first TGF Farmers and she is so talented and has such presence on SCS. Regardless of how we all know her or how well we know her, this is all too common nowadays w/ this cyber-bullying stuff.

I would love to know what gives a person the right to hide behind their computer screen in all of their cowardice and terrorize another human being. I don't know the details, but I am praying for Faith and her family. What a terrible thing to have to encounter.

Faith- if you are reading this please know that I am thinking about you and that NO ONE deserves to have their peace of mind stolen from them because the internet makes it all too easy these days. Your SCS friends support you, I know they do!

Jessica
Pearl-ExPert

I read the email announcement and went to find her blog to see if she had written anything, only to find her blog GONE! I think it is horrible when you see someone leave this hobby that once loved it (and was VERY good at it) because someone else ruined it for them. So sad... You will be missed, Faith.
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I never heard of Faith and just recently learned of Mark's Finest Papers.
But I have to tell you that reading about this makes me very sad and very angry.

There needs to be some sort of law, some sort of harassment crime that would allow authorities to track down and punish people who do this type of thing.

Obviously,we aren't talking about teenagers here. Sadly, the perpetrator of this incident is likely an adult from the stamping community. And there may even be a chance that the person is member of SCS.

Someone who would go to great lengths to bully another person like this is not only cruel and filled with hate, but SICK in their mind and soul.

I pray that Faith finds peace and renewed happiness.
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I never heard of Faith and just recently learned of Mark's Finest Papers.
But I have to tell you that reading about this makes me very sad and very angry.

There needs to be some sort of law, some sort of harassment crime that would allow authorities to track down and punish people who do this type of thing.

Obviously,we aren't talking about teenagers here. Sadly, the perpetrator of this incident is likely an adult from the stamping community. And there may even be a chance that the person is member of SCS.

Someone who would go to great lengths to bully another person like this is not only cruel and filled with hate, but SICK in their mind and soul.

I pray that Faith finds peace and renewed happiness.
I'm saddened by any business closing or any type of bullying but that's a big leap from the information provided. Weirdos are all over the internet and you can't assume it was someone from SCS (or even a stamper) just because Faith is a member here.
Stampin' Fool

I received an a-mail as well this afternoon about the sale. I'm just not understanding the cyber-bullying thing though?! Very sad....Especially in today's stamping market. There are so many companies that have cropped up over the last 5 years...and each bring a different style to the market. The stamping community has shed the veil of the MLM market for a while now, so why should one company be targeted and bullied? I'm just not understanding this.....
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! I too received a email from them too.

It's really sad when some people choose to bully another person. I also see that she is no longer here on SCS either.

I guess she is laying low for awhile..

Let's keep her and her family in our prayers.

Spoiler

Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
I'm saddened by any business closing or any type of bullying but that's a big leap from the information provided. Weirdos are all over the internet and you can't assume it was someone from SCS (or even a stamper) just because Faith is a member here.
True. But her comment, "I have been cyber bullied to the point of leaving the internet blog word, the stamping community, and pretty much anything that has to do with anything that made me happy in the past" makes me think there has to be some connection between her stamping and her troubles.
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I saw the email from MFP and was shocked! Her blog post about being cyber-bullied is disheartening and very sad. I can't believe someone would do something so awful to another person. :(

Faith, I will miss you. I always enjoyed reading your blog and loved looking at the beautiful cards you created. I hope that one day you will be able to return to us, both here at SCS and out in blogland. I will be praying for you and your family.
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just startig to get into MFP's stamps. It was all Faith's artwork...amazing. I had an opportunity to speak briefly over one of my past orders...she is delightful, a real class act. I'm so sorry this has happened, and I wish her wellness and peace. Her talent will be greatly missed.
Stazon Splitcoast

Faith is a wonderful person and I'm horrified to hear that someone would do something like that to her.
Matboard Maniac

I am just heartsick for Faith. She has gone through so much recently, especially with the recent loss of her dear mother and the difficulties of managing her father.

It just seems such a crime that someone has robbed her of her joy and inspiration in this wonderful hobby of ours. She has been such a team player here in SCS on all the challenges, in fact I first learned of SCS from the frequent references on her blog.

I hope she recovers from her shattered nerves and the stresses on her health. She was one of the very first stamping blogs I found and I almost feel like I've lost a relative, as she really made you feel a part of her world. I love her style.

The shining light in all this is that she found a good, ethical company to take over, including the facilities and the staff. What a great thing in this economy that the employees still have jobs. I am curious to see what new stamp sets they will come out with!

Faith, you will probably never see this but we love you, we miss you, and we are praying for you! I hope you feel a flood of positive energy coming your way!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
True. But her comment, "I have been cyber bullied to the point of leaving the internet blog word, the stamping community, and pretty much anything that has to do with anything that made me happy in the past" makes me think there has to be some connection between her stamping and her troubles.
That's the impression I got too!

I feel so shocked and bad about what she must be going through!!
Hardware Hotshot

Wow This is terrible . I have read of cyber bullying, but it was teenagers threatening other kids with disclosure of something they did.

I suppose people with blogs get emails from jerks all the time and just delete them . It is a shame she allowed these mean or unbalanced people to make her sick and close her business.
I hope this woman, in time, regains her love of paper arts.

I wish her well!!
Hardware Hotshot

Wow This is terrible . I have read of cyber bullying, but it was teenagers threatening other kids with disclosure of something they did.

I suppose people with blogs get emails from jerks all the time and just delete them . It is a shame she allowed these mean or unbalanced people to make her sick and close her business.
I hope this woman, in time, regains her love of paper arts.

I wish her well!!
Hardware Hotshot

OOps looks like when the SC site crashed it posted my message twice :(
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

That just makes me cry and so angry for her. I loved her site. She was a lovely lady. I hate bullies. I understand what she is going through. I was cyber bullied this past Spring & Summer by Cricut haters. It got so bad I had to contact the police over it. I understand what she is going through and the anger that goes with it. I have been raped in the past so I have a fighting spirit about everything that I really shouldn't have. I hate bullies.

I hope in time she can find joy in her loves again. I hope she knows that there are people out there who have her back and will support her.

Splitcoast Challenge Host

Heart I'm SO sorry Faith

SO SO SO SAD!!! I fell in love with Faith's ability to put SO much on a card and I would laugh with Kate about if I tried that it would look like my embellishment drawer barfed on my card... and Faith Dots... THE original dot putter oner... She is a GREAT person, had her personal battles and won...now this...

I too am praying for healing for Faith, not understanding as who could ever understand the need for someone to bully someone else into terror...

HUGS FAITH!!!!

kj

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

This is so sad to hear:( Praying for Faith and her family {{{HUGS}}}
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Die Cut Diva

I don't even know what "cyber bully" is but it makes me really sad that one person can do that to someone as sweet as Faith......How can that happen and how come someone can get away with that!? I'm shocked! I hope in the end that Faith can find her way back to be with her true friends.
Polyshrink Goddess

What sad news! She and her cards have inspired me so many times. She was my favorite "go to" stamper and I greatly admired her work. I hope she can find healing and be able to come back to join and share with us soon.
Stazon Splitcoast

This is so shocking, disturbing, and sad! Faith is one of those incredibly talented cardmakers that stand out in the crowd. To say she has been an inspiration to me here on SCS through the years is a HUGE understatement. I also loved to read her stories about Markie or Speedy the Cat. I wish I could do something. It's frightening to think that a smart, strong woman like Faith can be shaken to the point of selling her business and quitting the craft she loves. This is one of the saddest things I've heard in a long time. I thought she was just busy with her successful business, but to think that she was being bullied! It makes me angry...very, very, 'form an angry mob' kind of angry.

Her light shone so brightly...we all lose in this situation. I'll be praying for her and her family.
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

(((((Faith))))) <-- in case you are reading this. I am appalled by the behavior of people these days. They sit behind their computers and spew hate on people they don't even know. It's a loss to everyone. Faith has been such a huge supporter in this community for many years. I enjoyed her neverending passion for this art. I honestly cannot imagine SCS without her.

Does anyone have her address? Can we start a card barrage? I think she would be uplifted to know how much she is missed.
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

This is SO SAD :(

I really, really, really hope that the police, FBI, whoever, is involved and that someone is prosecuted for this, it is a real crime.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Hugs and Blessings Faith!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

We wish Faith the best from Splitcoast too!

I get her newsletters and it looks like things are going well with the transition so that's good. I always look forward to her challenge cards!

We have rules, policy, big hearts and the response time of ninjas with coffee to make sure that type of thing doesn't happen in this community.
Mad Swapper

Default Faith's address

Faith's address is in this post from Vicky Gould

I think sending her cards is a great idea. Faith has supported so many people, we need to support her now.

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by detour3View Post
Faith's address is in this post from Vicky Gould

I think sending her cards is a great idea. Faith has supported so many people, we need to support her now.
Thanks so much, Diane. I totally agree. We need to show Faith that she has people who care and are behind her 100%
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Diane...she'll get one from me with 'Faith Dots' all over it!
Mad Swapper

My card is in the mail! Let's go ladies...

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
Matboard Maniac

Default Where is Markie's mom's blog?

I just tried to get to her blog and it is mot there.
Stazon Splitcoast

Mark's Finest Papers Sold! by Dragonwold at Splitcoaststampers

This thread helps explain what's going on.
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I saw that the other day, I will miss her blog.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

Un.stinkin'.believable! I cannot - CANNOT - get my head around this! Out of all of the people out there in the world, why would ANYONE target Faith? She is one of the most generous and kind people I've ever encountered - in the blogosphere OR in real life! Shameful, criminal even, the way some people misbehave! I think we should form a posse and go out lynching whoever is responsible! Meanwhile, I'll spread the word about the cards and send at least one myself...

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 359 Likes on 185 Posts

Oh my heart aches for this sweet and talented lady. I have missed her on this site for a while now and was worried that she may have taken on too much with her health issues. So, I thought she was just stepping back from a few things. This, I never suspected. Yes, let us all send her some paper love so she knows we miss her and would welcome her back to us. Thanks for spreading the word to Markie's Mom lovers!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

**merged the two threads if you're wondering why you're here
Stazon Splitcoast

Incredibly sad.....dont know what to say...
blessings.